- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Concept Analysis of Positive Psychological Capital
긍정심리자본에 대한 개념분석
- Lee, Soon Neum (Graduate School of Nursing, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Jung A (Division of Nursing, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2016.12.29
- Accepted : 2017.03.12
- Published : 2017.03.31
Purpose: This study was done to clarify the concept analysis of positive psychological capital. Methods: Walker and Avant's concept analysis process was used in this study. CINAHL, ProQuest, Web of science, NDSL, RISS databases from 2004 to 2016 were searched using the keywords 'Positive psychological capital' and 'PsyCap'. Sixty-one relevant articles and three book were finally selected. Results: Analysis of identified literature indicated that positive psychological capital attributes were developable potential, positive cognition, expression of emotion, multiple psychological capability, and resources with positive effect. The antecedents were goal achievement, training, leader's motivation, and supportive organizational environment. The consequences were overall wellbeing which is composed of individual's physical, psychological and social wellbeing and enhancement of work outcome. Conclusion: The findings in this study provide a definition of the concept of positive psychological capital and theoretical evidence for the future research for nurses including program development.
- Lee MY, Kim KH. Influence of head nurses' transformational leadership on staff nurse's psychological well-being, stress and somatization-focused on the mediating effect of positive psychological capital. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration. 2012;18(2):166-175. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.166 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.166
- Kim IS, Seo YB, Kim BN, Min AR. The effects of positive psychological capital, organizational commitment, customer orientation in clinical nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration. 2015;21(1):10-19. http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.1.10 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.1.10
- Luthans F, Luthans KW, Luthans BC. Positive psychological capital: beyond human and social capital. Business Horizons. 2004;47(1):45-50. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2003.11.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2003.11.007
- Hobfoll S. Social and psychological resources and adaptation. Review of General Psychology. 2002;6(4):307-324. https://doi.org/10.1037/1089-26188.8.131.527 https://doi.org/10.1037/1089-26184.108.40.2067
- Avey JB, Wernsing TS, Luthans F. Can positive employees help positive organizational change? Impact of psychological capital and emotions on relevant attitude and behaviors. The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science. 2008;44(1):48-70. https://doi.org/10.1177/0021886307311470 https://doi.org/10.1177/0021886307311470
- Nguyen TD, Nguyen TTM. Psychological capital, quality of work life, and quality of life of marketers: evidence from Vietnam. Journal of Macromarketing. 2012;32(1): 87-95. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0276146711422065 https://doi.org/10.1177/0276146711422065
- Jung HY. Implications of positive psychology for the field of lifelong education. Interdisciplinary Journal of Adult & Continuing Education. 2012;15(1):141-169.
- In SH, Kim MJ, Chung KI. The effects of positive psychological capital on their service recovery, service quality and the customer relationship quality in food service industry. International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research. 2016; 30(2):63-76.
- Lim TH, Lee YS, Kim YR. Change of positive psychological capital and heart and blood lactate from exercise intensity and duration. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2014;53(4):181-190.
- Ko JO, Park SK, Lee MH. Factors affecting burnout among clinical nurses according to positive psychological capital. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration. 2013;19(2):304-314. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.2.304
- Sahoo BC, Sia SK, Sahu N, Appu AV. Psychological capital and work attitudes: A conceptual analysis. Journal of Organisation and Human Behaviour. 2015;4(2):18-28.
- Travelbee J. Interpersonal aspects of nursing. Philadelphia: Davis; 1966.
- Youssef-Morgan CM, Luthans F. Psychological capital and wellbeing. Stress and Health. 2015;31(3):180-188. https://doi.org/10.1002/smi.2623 https://doi.org/10.1002/smi.2623
- Friend SB, Johnson, JS, Luthans F, Sohi RS. Positive psychology in sales: Integrating psychological capital. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice. 2016;24(3):306-327. http://dx.doi.org.10.1080/10696679.2016.1170525 https://doi.org/10.1080/10696679.2016.1170525
- Walker LO, Avant KC. Strategies for theory construction in nursing. 5th ed. Oh GS, Lee IS, Cho SY, translator. Seoul: Jungdam; 2014.
- Luthans F, Avolio BJ, Walumbwa FO, Li W. The psychological capital of Chinese workers: Exploring the relationship with performance. Management and Organization Review. 2005;1(2): 249-271. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1740-8784.2005.00011.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1740-8784.2005.00011.x
- National Institute of Korean Language. Finding the standard Korean dictionary: Positive [Internet]. [cited 2016 September 9]. Available from: http://www.korean.go.kr/
- Merrian-Webster dictionary. [Internet]. Korea;2016 [cited 2016 September 9]. Available from: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/positive
- Luthans F, Youssef CM, Avolio BJ. Psychological capital: Developing the human competitive edge. 1st ed. Kim GH, Kim JK, Park SM, translator. Seoul: LUX media; 2012
- Luthans F, Avolio BJ, Avey JB, Norman SM. Positive psychological capital: Measurement and relationship with performance and satisfaction. Personnel Psychology. 2007;60(3):541-572. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.2007.00083.x
- Newman A, Ucbasaran D, Zhu F, Hirst G. Psychological capital: A review and synthesis. Journal of Organizational Behavior. 2014;35(S1):S120-S138. http://dx.doi.org.10.1002/job.1916 https://doi.org/10.1002/job.1916
- Youssef-Morgan CM, Luthans F. Psychological capital theory: Toward a positive holistic model. In: Baker A, editor. Advances in positive organizational psychology. Vol l. Bingley: Emerald; 2013. p. 145-166.
- Luthans F, Youssef CM, Sweetman DS, Harms PD. Meeting the leadership challenge of employee well-being through relationship PsyCap and health PsyCap. Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies. 2013;20(1):118-133. http://dx.doi.org.10.1177/1548051812465893 https://doi.org/10.1177/1548051812465893
- Avey JB, Reichard RJ, Luthans F, Mhatre KH. Meta analysis of the impact of positive psychological capital on employee attitudes, behaviors, and performance. Human Resource Development Quarterly. 2011;22(2):127-152. http://dx.doi.org.10.1002/hrdq.20070 https://doi.org/10.1002/hrdq.20070
- Luthans F, Avey JB, Patera JL. Experimental analysis of a web-based training intervention to develop positive psychological capital. Academy of Management Learning & Education. 2008;7(2):209-221. https://doi.org/10.5465/amle.2008.32712618
- Luthans KW, Jensen SM. The linkage between psychological capital and commitment to organizational mission: A study of nurses. Journal of Nursing Administration. 2005;35(6):304-310.
- Laschinger HKS, Fida R. New nurses burnout and workplace wellbeing: the influence of authentic leadership and psychological capital. Burnout Research. 2014;1(1):19-28. http://dx.doi.org.10.1016/j.bum.2014.03.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.burn.2014.03.002
- Fredrickson, BL. The role of positive emotions in positive psychology: the broaden-and-build theory of positive emotions. American Psychologist. 2001;56(3):218-226. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.56.3.218 https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.56.3.218
- Youssef CM, Luthans F. An integrated model of psychological capital in the workplace. In: Linley PA, Harrington S, Garcea N, editors. Oxford handbook of positive psychology and work. New York: Oxford University Press; 2010. p. 277-288.