- Volume 40 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Marketability Analysis of Seoul Landmark Pass
서울 랜드마크 패스의 상품성 분석
- Oh, Junseok (Department of Industrial Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- Kwak, Sunhee (Department of Industrial Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- Kim, Hanbyeol (Department of Industrial Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- Jeon, Heesoo (Department of Industrial Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- Kim, Jonghwa (Department of Industrial Engineering, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2017.02.22
- Accepted : 2017.03.22
- Published : 2017.03.31
As the number of tourists visiting Seoul are continuously increasing, the demand of an integrative tour pass is also increasing. However, only a few tour passes are available for the tourists in Seoul. In this paper, we propose a new tour pass called "Seoul Landmark Pass" targeting foreign individual travelers and investigate the marketability of the proposed tour pass. For the configuration of the Seoul Landmark Pass we listed 17 candidate attractions charging entrance fee in Seoul, referring to e-guidebook on Visit Seoul web site. Among them we selected 6 attractions using the checklist with the attributes that foreign tourists would prefer. We also performed SWOT analyzes on existing tour passes to determine the benefits to be included in the proposed tour pass. To investigate the marketability of the proposed tour pass we have surveyed the foreign individual tourists in Seoul. Using the survey data, we have analyzed the intent of purchase by age, visiting period, visiting purpose, frequency of visit, and nationality to identify target customers. The results show that the intent of purchase is high among the Chinese tourists at the age of twenties who visited Seoul for the first time or second times. Also, the individual tourists prefer to bundle T-money card with the proposed tour pass. Finally, we have provided a brief review of the Price Sensitivity Measurement (PSM) method and applied PSM to determine the acceptable price range and the optimal price of the proposed tour pass. The optimal price of the proposed tour pass is determined at 53,000 won including T-money card.
- Cha, S.B. and Jung, J.Y., The Analysis of Customers' Price Sensitivity of Cafe Late in Franchised Coffeehouse in Korea, Food service Management Study, 2013, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 31-52.
- Do, J.H. et al., The Analysis of Customers' Price Sensitivity of Low-Priced Hotels for Small and Medium Sized Business, Journal of Korea Hospitality and Tourism, 2014, Vol .14, No. 3, pp. 218-239.
- Ha, J.C. and Lee, D.H., The Handbook of Marketing Research third ed., Edam Books, 2010, p. 288.
- Kim, S.H., A Plan to Implement "Cultural city card" for Cultural Tourism Activation-Focusing on Seoul Culture City Card, [Master's Thesis], [Seoul, Korea] : Chugye University for the Arts, 2014.
- Kim, T.K. and Cho, C.H., An Effect of SNS Tourism Information Service Quality on User Satisfaction and Reuse Intention : Focusing on Mediating Effect of Value, Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management, 2015, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 185-186. https://doi.org/10.7469/JKSQM.2015.43.2.185
- Lee, D.H., Influence of PyeongChang Winter Olympic Games on Tourism and Countermeasures, Journal of Korea Tourism Policy, 2011, No. 45, pp. 42-52.
- Lee, J.S., The Study on Royalty for Tour Destination, [Master's Thesis], [Seoul, Korea] : Kyunggi University, 2010.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, http://stat.mcst.go.kr/mcst/resource/mng/static/ViewSpotfire.html?tblMgmNo=STBL-1016112.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, 2 http://stat.mcst.go.kr/mcst/resource/mng/static/ViewSpotfire.html?tblMgmNo=STBL-1015902.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, 3 http://stat.mcst.go.kr/mcst/resource/mng/static/ViewSpotfire.html?tblMgmNo=STBL-1015797.
- Oh, E.J., The Study on Positioning of Seoul Tourism Landmark Using MDS, [Master's Thesis], [Seoul, Korea] : Sejong University, 2010.
- Seo, J. and Bae, S., Developing Product Liability Response Strategies of SMEs using PEST-SWOT-AHP analysis, Journal of Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering, 2016, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 11-12. https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2016.39.2.011
- Shin, J.S., A Study on the Influential Factors upon the Decision of Recreational Trips, [Master's Thesis], [Seoul, Korea] : Chungang University, 2012.
- Son, J.Y. and Han, S.B., A Study on the Price-Sensitivity-Measurement of Hotel Summer Package, Journal of Hotel Resort Study, 2003, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 113-125.
- Takase, H., Practical MBA Marketing, One & One Books, 2008, p. 254.
- The Seoul Institute, http://www.si.re.kr/node/50950.
- Visit Seoul, http://www.visitseoul.net/index.
- Yonhap News, http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/photos/1991000000.html?cid=GYH20161226001100044&input=1363m.