- Volume 62 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Forced vibration of the elastic system consisting of the hollow cylinder and surrounding elastic medium under perfect and imperfect contact
- Akbarov, Surkay D. (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Yildiz Technical University) ;
- Mehdiyev, Mahir A. (Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics of NAS Azerbaijan)
- Received : 2016.10.18
- Accepted : 2017.02.13
- Published : 2017.04.10
The bi-material elastic system consisting of the circular hollow cylinder and the infinite elastic medium surrounding this cylinder is considered and it is assumed that on the inner free face of the cylinder a point-located axisymmetric time harmonic force, with respect to the cylinder's axis and which is uniformly distributed in the circumferential direction, acts. The shear-spring type imperfect contact conditions on the interface between the constituents are satisfied. The mathematical formulation of the problem is made within the scope of the exact equations of linear elastodynamics. The focus is on the frequency-response of the interface normal and shear stresses and the influence of the problem parameters, such as the ratio of modulus of elasticity, the ratio of the cylinder thickness to the cylinder radius, and the shear-spring type parameter which characterizes the degree of the contact imperfectness, on these responses. Corresponding numerical results are presented and discussed. In particular, it is established that the character of the influence of the contact imperfection on the frequency response of the interface stresses depends on the values of the vibration frequency of the external forces.
Grant : Complex of theoretical and experimental investigations related to the study of the interdisciplinary problems of the Geomechanics
Supported by : National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan
- Abdulkadirov, S.A. (1981), "Low-frequency resonance waves in acylindrical layer surrounded by an elastic medium", J. Min. Sci., 80, 229-234.
- Akbarov, S.D. (2006a), "Dynamical (time-harmonic) axisymmetrric interface stress field in the finite pre-strained half-space covered with the finite pre-stretched layer", Int. J. Eng. Sci., 44, 93-112. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijengsci.2005.10.003
- Akbarov, S.D. (2006b), "On the dynamical axisymmetric stress field in a finite pre-stretched bi-layered slab resting on a rigid foundation", J Sound Vib., 294, 221-237. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2005.11.008
- Akbarov, S.D. (2013), "On the axisymmetric time-harmonic Lamb's problem for a system comprising a half-space and a covering layer with finite initial strains", CMES: Compos. Model. Eng. Sci., 70, 93 -121.
- Akbarov, S.D. (2015), Dynamics of Pre-strained Bi-material Elastic Systems: Linearized Three-dimensional Approach, Springer, New-York.
- Akbarov, S.D. and Guler, C. (2007), "On the stress field in a half-plane covered by the pre-stretched layer under the action of arbitrary linearly located time-harmonic forces", Appl. Math. Model., 31, 2375-2390. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2006.09.004
- Akbarov, S.D. and Ilhan, N. (2010), "Time-harmonic dynamical stress field in a system comprising a pre-stressed orthotropic layer and pre-stressed orthotropic half-plane", Arch. Appl. Mech., 80, 1271-1286. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00419-009-0369-z
- Akbarov, S.D. and Ilhan, N. (2013), "Time-harmonic Lamb's problem for a system comprising a piezoelectric layer and piezoelectric half-plane", J. Sound Vib., 332, 5375-5392. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2013.05.004
- Akbarov, S.D. and Ipek, C. (2012), "Dispersion of axisymmetric longitudinal waves in a pre-strained imperfectly bonded bilayered hollow cylinder", CMC: Comput. Mater. Continua, 32(2), 99-144.
- Akbarov, S.D. and Ipek, C. (2015), "Influence of an imperfection of interfacial contact on the dispersion of flexural waves in a compound cylinder", Mech. Compos. Mater., 51(2), 191-198. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11029-015-9489-4
- Asgari, M. and Akhlagi, M. (2011), "Natural frequency analysis of 2D-FGM thick hollow cylinder based on three-dimensional elasticity equations", Eur. J. Mech. A-Solid., 30, 72-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euromechsol.2010.10.002
- Baba, S. and Keles, I. (2016), "A novel approach to forced vibration behavior of thick-walled cylinders", Int. J. Press. Vess. Pip., 137, 22-27. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpvp.2015.04.015
- Bayon, A., Gascon, F., Medina, R., Nieves, F. J. and Salazar, F.J. (2012), "On the flexural vibration of cylinders under axial loads: Numerical and experimental study", J. Sound Vib., 331, 2315-2333. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2011.12.017
- Berger, J.R., Martin, P.A. and McCaffery, S.J. (2000), "Time-harmonic torsional waves in a composite cylinder with an imperfect interface", J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 107(3), 1161-1167. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.428405
- Ebenezer, D.D., Ravichandran, K. and Padmanabdan, C. (2015), "Free and forced vibrations of hollow elastic cylinders of finite length", J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 137(5), 2927-2938. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.4919339
- Eringen, A.C. and Suhubi, E.S. (1975), Elastodynamics, Finite motion, Vol. I: Linear Theory, Vol. II, Academic Press, NewYork.
- Gladwell, G.M.L. (1968), "The calculation of mechanical impedances related with surface of semi-infinite elastic", J. Sound Vib., 8, 215-219. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(68)90228-9
- Hasheminejad, S.M. and Mirzaei, Y. (2011), "Exact 3D elasticity solution for free vibrations of an eccentric hollow sphere", J Sound Vib., 330, 229-244. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2010.08.011
- Ilhan, N. and Koc, N. (2015), "Influence of polled direction on the stress distribution in piezoelectric materials", Struct. Eng. Mech., 54, 955-971. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2015.54.5.955
- Ipek, C. (2015), "The dispersion of the flexural waves in a compound hollow cylinder under imperfect contact between layers", Struct. Eng. Mech., 55, 338-348.
- Jensen, F.B., Kuperman, W.A., Porter, M.B. and Schmidt, H. (2011), Computational Ocean Acoustic, 2nd Edition, Springer, Berlin.
- Johnson, K.L. (1985), Contact Mechanics, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge.
- Kharouf, N. and Heyliger, P.R. (1994), "Axisymmetric free vibrations of homogeneous and laminated piezoelectric cylinders", J. Sound Vib., 174(5), 539-561. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1994.1293
- Lamb, H. (1904), "On the propagation over the surface of an elastic solid", Philos. Trans. R Soc., A203, 1-42.
- Tsang, L. (1978), "Time-harmonic solution of the elastic head wave problem incorporating the influence of Rayleigh poles", J Acoust. Soc. Am., 65(5), 1302-1309.
- Wang, C.Y. and Achenbach, J.D. (1996), "Lamb's problem for solids of general anisotropy", Wave Motion., 24, 227-242. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-2125(96)00016-9