- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study of the Effect of Aviation·Tourism Industry Employees' Airport Service Policy Acceptance on Creating Customer's Value
항공관광종사원의 공항서비스 정책수용성 인식이 고객가치에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2017.02.01
- Accepted : 2017.03.23
- Published : 2017.03.31
Aviation/tourism industry has a unique characteristic of high inter-dependance between customer and service-provider. It is the mental condition of service-provider that could influence on the attitude of the service-provider. Thus, it is important to manage the mental condition of the service employees to enhance a company's financial performance. This paper tries to analyze the combined model of both policy acceptance and service profit chain(SPC) models. First, service policy acceptance model tells how the service policy acceptance, which consists of policy compliance, trust, participation and policy failure, would influence on SPC model. According to empirical research, it was found that both the employees' policy compliance and the policy trust have a positive significant impact on their participation on service policy. In the policy acceptance model, the employee's voluntary participation based on their trust and compliance of the policy was proven to have a positive effect on increasing job satisfaction and customer orientation. Regarding SPC model, their participation in the policy had the strongest impact among variables on customer orientation. Such results implies the employees' participation on the policy could become the starting point to enhance the customer value.
- Park, J. M., Park, Y. S., Yi, H. U., (1997), "A Study on the Service Encounters : Trends and Future Directions", The Journal of Economics and Management, (5), pp. 153-174
- Berry, Leonard L. and A. Parasuraman(1991), Marketing Services : Competing Through Quality, New York: The Free Press.
- Kim, K. G., Kim, Y. C., (2010), "A Study on the Psychological Ownership by the Employee of Hotel Industry : Focused on the Job Characteristics and Social support", Korea Academic of Tourism Management, 25(1), pp.461-484
- Seo, S. H., (2016), "The Effects of Group Emotion on the Policy Acceptance: Focusing on Internet Regulatory Policy under the Complex System", Journal of Korean Association for Regional Information Society 19(3), pp.27-51.
- Hellier, P. K., Geursen, G. M., Carr, R. A., & Rickard, J. A.(2003). Customer repurchase intention: A general structural equation model. European Journal of Marketing, 37(11-12): pp.1762-1800. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560310495456
- Eggert, A.; Ulaga, W. (2002). "Customer perceived value; a substitute for satisfaction in business markets?", The Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, Vol. 17, No. 2-3. pp.107-118. https://doi.org/10.1108/08858620210419754
- Min, K., (2009), "The Impact of Local Residents' Rurality on Policy Acceptance : A Case of Ropeway Establishment in Mt. Halla", Korean Governance Review, 16(3), pp.53-70 https://doi.org/10.17089/kgr.2009.16.3.003
- Huh, B., (1982), "Policy Acceptance and Democratization of Administration", Modern Society, Winter.
- Park, J. K., Jang, H. J., (2012) "The Impact Factors for Social Seruciry Policy Acceptance", The Korea Association for Policy Analysis and Evaluation, 22(4), pp.317-344
- Jung, J. J., Choi, J. W., Lee, S. W., Jung,J. K., Jung, K. H., (2011), "Theories of Policy Science", Third Edition, Seoul : Daemyung Publishing Co.
- Burby, R. J. & Paterson, R. G. (1993). "Improving Compliance with State Environmental Regulation". Journal of Policy Analysis and Management. 12(4): 753-772. https://doi.org/10.2307/3325349
- Levi, M. (1988). Of Rule and Revenue. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- O'Toole Jr. (1986). Policy Recommendation for Multi-Actor Implementation: An Assessment of the Field. Journal of Public Policy, 6(2): pp.181-210. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0143814X00006486
- Young, O. R. (1979). Compliance and Public Authority: A Theory with International Application. Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Brinkerhoff, D. W. (1999), "The Implementation of Environment and Natural Resource Policy in Africa: Blending Regulatory Enforcement with Community Participation", International Journal of Organization Theory and B, Vo. 2, No. 1-2. pp.233-259. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJOTB-02-01-02-1999-B009
- Park, H. B., Lee, H. C., Cho, Y. S., (2003), "An Analysis on the Properities and Determinants of Trust in Government in Korea", The Korean Public Administration Review, Vol. 37, No. 3. pp.45-66.
- Lee, C. B., (1988), "Korean Public Bureauucracy in a Pluralistic Society", Seoul, The Korea University Press.
- Park, T. H., (2000), "Alternative Practical Actions to overcome the Crisis of Public Administration", The Korean Association for Public Administraion Forum, No. 92, pp. 21-26
- Jung, J. Y., Nam, T. W., (2014), "Why Do Local Bureaucrats Resist National Government Reform Directives?: A Case Study of Government 3.0 in Korea", Korea Association for Local Government Administration Society, 28(4), pp.111-137 https://doi.org/10.18398/kjlgas.2014.28.4.111
- Burtler, D. (1991), A Small-Scale Study of Wastewater Discharges from Domestic Appliances, J. IWEM.
- Oh, K. M., Park, H. S., (2002), "The Level of Public Trust in Government and Its Comparisons", Policy Studies of Korea, Vol. 11, No. 3. pp.113-135
- Lee, J. S., (2001), "Trust in the Government and its Determinants", Social Science Review, Vol. 32, pp.67-86.
- Cobb, and Charles Elder. (1983), Political Participation in american Politics: The Dynamics of Agenda Setting. The Johns Hopkins Press.
- Easton, D. (1965), A System Analysis of Political Life, New York: Wiley.
- Newton, K. (2001), "Trust, Social Capital, Civil Society, and Democracy," International Political Science Review, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 201-214. https://doi.org/10.1177/0192512101222004
- Yang, H. C., Hong, I. G., Park, K. C., (2012), "The Effect of Perceived Low-Carbon Green Policy on Organizational Commitment in Small and Medium Construction Workers", Management Information Systems Review, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp.237-260. https://doi.org/10.29214/damis.2012.31.4.010
- Suh, M. G., (2001), "Governance and Trust in South Korea", Korean Journal of Sociology, 35(5), pp.119-146
- Hakserver. C, B. Render, R. S. Russel & R. G. Murdick (2000). Service Management and Operation. Prentice Hall.
- Cronin, J. J. Jr. & Taylor, A. S.(1992). Measuring service Quality : A reexamination and extension. Journal of Marketing, 56(3): 55-68. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252296
- Parasuranman, A. & D. Grewal (2000). The Impact of Technology on the quality- Value-Loyalty Chain: A Research Agenda. Journal of the academy of markerting, 28(1), 168-174. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070300281015
- Kim, N. S., (2009), "Relationship between Air-service Quality, Value Perception, Customer Satisfaction, and Behavioral Intention", Dissertation to Doctaral Degree, Graduate School of Keimyung University
- Leonard A. Schlesinger & James L. Heskett, "The Servic e-Driven Service Company", Harvard Business Review (September-October 1991)
- Ju-Hyun Moon(1997). "A Study on the Service- Profit Chain for Hospitality Industry", Journal of Tourism Policy, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp.27-46.
- Jeong-Hwa Park, Hong-Bumm Kim.(1997). "Impacts of the Service-Quality Management on the Satisfaction of Employee and Customer in Hotel Industry", Journal of Tourism Sciences, 20(2), pp. 134-153
- O'Cass, A., & Sok, P. (2013), "Exploring the roles of manager and employees in innovation driven value creation in B2B service firms", Journal of Business Research, 66(8), pp. 1074-084 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2012.03.004
- Tajeddini. K. (2010), "Effect of customer orientation and entrepreneurial orientation on innovativeness: evidence from the hotel industry in Switzerland", Tourism Management, 31(2), pp. 221-231. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2009.02.013
- Dong, P., Siu, N. Y. M. (2013), "Service-scape elements, customer predispositions and service experience: the case of theme park visitors", Tourism Management, 36, pp. 541-551. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2012.09.004
- Bowman, D.; Narayandas, D. (2004) "Linking Customer Management Effort to Customer Profitability in Business Markets", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp.433-447. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.41.4.433.47011
- Kassinis, G. I.; Soteriou, A. C. (2003), "Greening the Service Profit Chain: The Impact of Environmental Management Practices", Production and operations management, Vol. 12, No.3, pp.386-402. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1937-5956.2003.tb00210.x
- Kim, K. O., Kim, K. W., Kim, K. I., Kim, N. S., Park, S. S., (2015), "A Study for Increasing Satisfaction of Transfer Facilities, Services & Transit Tour by Analyzing Air Passengers' Behaviors", The Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics Vol 23, No. 2, pp. 89-97
- Ko, K. P., Lee, N. R., Park, S. S., (2015), "A Study on the Effects of Perception of Airline's Service Management Strategies to Realize Customer's Expected Value", The Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics Vol 23, No. 4, pp. 109-116 https://doi.org/10.12985/ksaa.2015.23.4.109