- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study of Plans to Improve the Aviation Regulations about Pilot Flight (Duty) Time Limitations (Based on FRMS)
조종사비행(근무)시간기준에 대한 항공규정개선방안 연구 (FRMS를 중심으로)
- 이기일 (항공안전정책연구소)
- Received : 2016.07.28
- Accepted : 2017.03.28
- Published : 2017.03.31
Approximately 70% of aviation accidents in the world are caused by human factors of pilots and 15-20% of these accidents are known to be caused by pilot fatigue. Recently ICAO established new standards of FRMS for aircrew. The US and the EU have introduced FRMS and established and operated new aviation regulation systems for pilot flight(duty) time limitations. On the other hand, Korea has not yet introduced FRMS. This study reviewed ICAO's standards of FRMS and analyzed the aviation regulations of the US and the EU. As a result of this study, it showed that Korea also needed to introduce FRMS. This study reasoned out plans to improve Korean aviation regulations about pilot flight time limitations based on international standards.
- Aircraft Accident Report, Controlled Flight Into Terrain Korean Air Flight 801 Boeing 747-300, HL7468 Nimitz Hill, Guam August 6, 1997, National Transportation Safety Board, p.xi.
- Aircraft Accident Report, Descent Below Visual Glidepath and Impact With Seawall, Asiana Airlines Flight 214,Boeing777-200ER, HL7742 San Francisco, California July 6, 2013, National Transportation Safety Board, p.86.
- ICAO Annex 6 Part 1. Chapter 4.4.10(Fatigue Management) Appendix 8(Fatigue Risk Management System Requirements).
- A Study on the Establishment of Korean Type Fatigue Management System. TS Traffic Safety Corporation. p3.
- Lee Ku Hee. Hwang Ho-won. A Study on the introduction of crew fatigue management standard in aviation regulation. 2012. Journal of Aerospace Law Volume 27, Issue 1. p65.
- Comprehensive Aviation Safety Measures, Aviation Safety Committee, P1.
- Aviation information portal system. https://www.airportal.go.kr/life/accident/stat/status.jsp.
- ICAO Annex 6 Part 1, Applicable from 15 December, 2011. (vii)
- Fatigue Risk Management Systems-Manual for Regulators. 2012 Edition. (v)
- Doc 9966 FRMS 2012 Edition, 4-18.
- Public Law 111--216--AUG. 1, 2010.
- FAR 117. 25 (Rest Periods), 2012.
- Notice of Proposed Amendent (NPA) NO 2010-14A, EASA, 2010.
- Commission Regulation((EU) No 965/2012
- Commission Regulation(EU) No 83/2014.
- EASA FTL Regulations Combined Document and CAA Guidance to Developing an FTL Scheme. p38.
- EASA FTL Regulations Combined Document and CAA Guidance to Developing an FTL Scheme. p27.
- EASA FTL Regulations Combined Document and CAA Guidance to Developing an FTL Scheme. p12.
- EASA FTL Regulations Combined Document and CAA Guidance to Developing an FTL Scheme. p47
- ANA pilots union collective agreement.2015.
- CAAR 121, Section F.
- Air Operator Certificate Requirements. AOCR, Appendix C1-7. CAAS, 2015.
- Legislation 14- 0514. Maximum flight hours of flight crew (related to Article 143 of the Enforcement Decree of the Aviation Act), 2015.
- Flight Policy Division -1017, Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, 2015.
- CAAC Said to Propose Fewer Flight Hours to Cut Pilot Fatigue. http://www.chinaaviationdaily.com/news/47/47661.html
- ICAO. Annex 6. Attachment A. 1.
- ICAO. Annex 6. Attachment A. 18.104.22.168.