- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Research of Part 23 Level Aircraft Engine Certificate Flight Test Procedure
Part 23 급 항공기 엔진인증 비행시험 절차 조사
- Received : 2017.03.02
- Accepted : 2017.03.30
- Published : 2017.03.31
The engine is the most significant and essential part of the aircraft. As a result, systematical handling in the aircraft development stage is required from engine design to implementation to the full-scale airframe. This survey demonstrates the procedures demanded by the KAS 23 Civil Aircraft to acquire the engine Type Certification and the flight test procedures for ensuring the operational stability. Surveys were conducted on domestic and international aircraft engine certifications, technical regulations and documentations related to the Means of Compliance for flight test development stage. In addition, organized reference items that should be considered for the certification of engine flight test procedures were reviewed based on the KC-100.
Grant : 국가 비행종합시험 인프라 개발 구축
Supported by : 국토교통부
- KAS (Korean Airworhiness Standards) Part 23, 2010, "Airworthiness Standards: Normal, Utility, Acrobatic, and Commuter Airplane," MLTM Notice No. 2010-286
- FAA(Federal Aviation Administration), Advisory Circular 23-8C, 2011, Flight Test Guide For Certification Of Part 23 Airplanes.
- Kim, Y. T., Kim, D. H., Hwang, S. M., Kim, S. J., Yoon, H. K., 2009, "Development of Certification Plan for the Type Certification of KPP Aircraft," SASE Vol. 3, No. 1, pp.30-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1935-9810(09)70005-2
- Kim, D. W., Kim, C. J, 2013, "A Study on the Flight Test Verification for KAS Part 23'N' Category Airplane," The Korean Society For Aeronautical And Space Science , pp. 1087-1091
- Kim, K. H., Choi, N. S., Gho, D. W., 2012, "Introduction of Compliance Test and Evaluation for KC-100 Aircraft," The Korean Society For Aeronautical And Space Science, pp. 1353-1359
- FAA, 2004, "AC-23-16A Powerplant guide for certification of part 23 airplanes and airships", pp. 46-100
- Kim, D. Y., Kim, D. R., 2011, "Showing Compliance with KAS Part 23 for Small Airplane Fuel System Development," The Korean Society For Aeronautical And Space Science, pp. 1598-1603
- Kim, Y. T., Kim, J. D., 2012, "A Case Study on Means of Compliance according to Design Phases of KC-100 Airplane," The Korean Society For Aeronautical And Space Science, pp. 1346-1352
- Kim, Phil-Soo., 2015, "Considerations on the flight test implementation for small airplane certification program," Korea Civil Aviation Development Association.
- Jong-Yoon Kim., Won-joong Lee., Kwang-Hae Kim., 2012, "Compliance Procedure for type certification of civil aircraft under KAS 23" Koreaa Aerospace Research Institute, pp. 216-224
- Kim, Y. T., Kim, J. D., Jung, G. C., Lee, S. G., Park, S. W., Jung, N. S., Lee, G. l., 2012, "Engine Cooling Design of KC-100 Airplane," The Korean Society For Aeronautical And Space Science, pp. 1280-1286
- KAS Part 33, 2009, "Airworthiness Standards: Aircraft Engines," MLTM Notice No. 2009-957.