- Volume 31 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Research Trends on the Thread Embedding Therapy of Low back pain in Traditional Chinese Medicine - Focusing on published articles in China
요통에 대한 매선 임상연구의 중국 현황 분석 - 중국 내(內) 출판 저널을 중심으로
- Jun, Purumea (Clinical Research Division, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Liu, Yan (Beijing Zhengyuantang Chienese Medicine Clinic) ;
- Park, Ji-Eun (Mibyeong Research Center, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Jung, So-Young (Clinical Research Division, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine) ;
- Han, Chang-Hyun (Clinical Research Division, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine)
- 전푸르메 (한국한의학연구원 임상연구부) ;
- 류연 (정원당중의클리닉) ;
- 박지은 (한국한의학연구원 미병연구단) ;
- 정소영 (한국한의학연구원 임상연구부) ;
- 한창현 (한국한의학연구원 임상연구부)
- Received : 2016.09.28
- Accepted : 2017.01.02
- Published : 2017.02.25
About 60% to 90% of a total population experience low back pain at least once of life, and about 35% to 79% among them experience a recurrent and chronic low back pain. thread-embedding therapy is mainly used to improve appearance or treat obesity in early stage, but recently it is also used to treat musculoskeletal pain. This study aimed to search Chinese study using thread-embedding therapy on low back pain and to analyse their methodology. Three Chinese database(CNKI(www.cnki.net), WANFANG(www.wanfangdata.com), WEIPU(www.cqvip.com)) were searched for clinical study of thread-embedding therapy up to March 2016. The characteristics of included studies and regimen of thread-embedding in those studies were analyzed. The total 21 studies (4 case studies, 16 non-randomized controlled trials, 1 randomized controlled trial) were included. All studies on thread embedding treatment of low back pain reported that its effectiveness was very good. The most frequently used acupoints was Ashi acupoints and acupoints on bladder meridian(BL) or governor vessel(GV). Thread-embedding therapy is considered very useful for low back pain in Traditional Chinese medicine. Further studies are needed to investigate the effect of thread-embedding therapy and to expand its application. This study is limited in that the literature search in the Chinese database were restricted.
Supported by : Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine
- Ministry of health & welfare. Surveys about the use of Korean medicine and the herbal medicine consumption. Sejong:Human Culture Arirang; 2013. 5 p.
- Kim EG, Park WH, Cha YY. Analysis of the Efficacy of Acupuncture for Chronic Low back pain Based on the Relationship Between Trunk Flexors and Extensors. Korean J Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2012;26(4):557-65.
- Frymoyer JW, Cats-Baril WL. An overview of the incidencesand costs of low back pain. Orthop Clin North Am 1991;22(2):263-71.
- Nam DW, Kang JW, Kim EJ, Kim HW, Song HS, et al. A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials on Acupuncture Treatment for Low Back Pain Based on FEAS. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2009;26(3):133-47.
- NICE guideline on low back pain: early management of persistent non-specific low back pain. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg88
- Shin WS, Park WH, Cha YY. The Research Trends on the Acupuncture Treatment of Lumbar Herniated Intervertebral Disc Using PubMed Database. J of Korean Medicine Rehabiliation. 2014;24(4):49-60.
- Wen MS, Zheng XR. Catgut embedding therapy to cure all diseases. People's Military Medical Press. 2002. p. 20-44.
- Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. Acupuncture and Moxibustion Medicine. Gyeonggi : Jipmoondang. 2012. p. 200-3.
- Kim YJ, Shin MS. Research Trends on the Thread Embedding Therapy of Obesity in Traditional Chinese Medicine. The journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion society. 2013;30(3):151-60.
- Kwon K. The Analysis on the Present Condition of Thread embedding Therapy Papers Published in Journal of Korean Medicine. Journal of Korean Medicine Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology & Dermatology. 2014;27(4):16-44. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2014.27.4.016
- State Administration of traditional Chinese Medicine. The percentage of the patients' numbers in different symptoms grade. Nanjing University press. 1994.
- Park YY, Lee KH, Lee DH. A literary study on embedding therapy. Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2003;6(3):15-21. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2003.6.3.015
- Zhang ZW, Li WX. 75 cases of acupoint catgut embedding therapy for lumbar disc herniation. Journal of Emergency in Traditional Chinese. 2009;18(9):1524.
- Luo ZJ, Luo D, Wang SX. 88 cases of minimally invasive catgut embedding therapy for lumbar discherniation. Shanghai Journal of Acupuncture and Moxibustion. 2012;K31(3):210.
- Wang XQ 85 cases of Acupuncture with catgut embedding therapy for lumbar discherniation. China's naturopathy. 2012;20(6):25-6.
- Li D, Huang HB, Jing GF. 68 cases of Yaotongning capsule in the treatment of lumbar disc herniation combined with minimally invasive catgut implantation. Juornal of Guiyang college of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2012;34(4):8-9.
- Guo CQ. 110 cases of acupuncture and catgut embedding therapy on the third lumbar transverse process syndrome. Journal of Clinical Acupuncture and Moxibustion. 2008;24(6):13-4.
- Sun LM. 50 cases of lumbar disc herniation treated by Acupoint Catgut Embedding. Shanghai Journal of Acupuncture and Moxibustion. 2006;25(8):31.
- Wu JG. Clinical observation on therapeutic effect of acupoint catgut embedmenting on chronic lumbar muscle strain. Guangzhou University of traditional Chinese Medicine. 2008.
- Zhang DP. Clinical observation of 90 cases of strain type lumbago catgut embedding therapy. Teaditinal Chinese Medicine Journal. 2009;8(5):61-2.
- Wang D, Lin XJ. 28 cases of lumbar disc herniation treated by acupoint catgut embedding therapy. Henan Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2009;29(11):1116-7.
- Che AH, Gao YH. To observe the curative effect of catgut embedding therapy on lumbar bone hyperplasia. Hubei Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2010;32(3):70-1.
- Li QX. Clinical observation on treatment of acupuncture combined with catgut implantation at acupoint treatment of vertebral disc herniation. Guangzhou University of traditional Chinese Medicine. 2010.
- Li SM, Zhou J, Xie JP. Lumbar muscle strengthening treatment of lumbar disc herniation pain efficacy training combined with Acupoint Catgut Embedding. Ningxia Medical Journal. 2012;34(6):525-6.
- Liang YP. 25 cases of acupoint catgut embedding therapy for treatment of lumbar muscle strain. Journal of Yuannan University of traditional Chinese Medicine. 2013;34(5):48-9.
- Sun HQ, He SW. Clinical observation of traditional Chinese medicine carrier catgut embedding therapy for low back pain. China’s naturopathy. 2013;21(6):21.
- Hu WH. Curative effect observation on treating backache with the embedding of electro acupuncture plus TDP. Clinical Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2013;22(5):48-9.
- Yu XC, Bi YF. Clinical observation on 30 cases of acupoint catgut embedding therapy for lumbago. Shanxi of traditional Chinese Medicine. 2015;31(2):34-5.
- Wang JQ, Qu WZ. Clinical study and mechanism of traditional Chinese medicine treatment of stenosis of lumbar canal shell chitosan acupoint catgut embedding. Journal of Hebei TCM and Pharmacology. 2015;30(2):49-51.
- Gong MF, Lei HS. Observation of abdominal acupuncture acupoint catgut embedding therapy for treatment of chronic low back pain. Shanghai Journal of Acupuncture and Moxibustion. 2015;34(8):779-80.
- Chen GB. Clinical research of catgut embedding on paravertebrals in treating lumbar muscle strain. Guangzhou University of traditional Chinese Medicine. 2015.
- Li RQ, Wei NR, Sun LX. To observe the clinical effect of acupoint catgut embedding therapy combined with electro acupuncture in the treatment of chronic low back pain. Hainan Medical Journal. 2016;27(1):125-7.
- Jiang SY, Yan J, Wang HB. Clinical Effect on Nonspecific Low Back Pain by Catgut Embedment Combined with Kinesitherapy. Journal of Clinical Acupuncture and Moxibustion. 2015;31(4):10-2.
- Kang EK, Kim JH, Seo HS. The Clinical investigation studies in peripheral facial paralysis using Needle-Embedding Therapy. the Journal of Korean Oriental Medical Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology & Dermatology 2009;22(2):118-27.
- Lee EM, Park DS, Kim DH, Kim HW, Jo EH, Ahn MS, et al. A literature study and recent tendency on oriental correction of deformities and Needle-embedding Therapy. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2008;25(3):1-8.
- Kim YJ, Shin MS. Research Trends on the Thread Embedding Therapy of Obesity in Traditional Chinese Medicine. korean journal of acupuncture. 2013;303(3):151-60.
- Song MY, Kim HJ. Review on Clinical Trials of Catgut Embedding for Obesity Treatment. Journal of Society of Korean Medicine for Obesity Research. 2012;12(2):1-7.
- Kwon K. The Analysis on the Present Condition of Thread-embedding Therapy Papers Published in Journal of Korean Medicine. J Korean Med Ophthalmology Dermatology. 2014;27(4):16-44. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2014.27.4.016