- Volume 12 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Economic Dispatch for Microgrid Based on the Chance-Constrained Programming
- Huang, Daizheng (Dept of Biomedical Engineering, Guangxi Medical University) ;
- Xie, Lingling (School of Electrical Engineering, Guangxi University) ;
- Wu, Zhihui (Dept of Biomedical Engineering, Guangxi Medical University)
- Received : 2016.02.03
- Accepted : 2017.03.13
- Published : 2017.05.01
The power of controlled generators in microgrids randomly fluctuate because of the stochastic volatility of the outputs of photovoltaic systems and wind turbines as well as the load demands. To address and dispatch these stochastic factors for daily operations, a dynamic economic dispatch model with the goal of minimizing the generation cost is established via chance-constrained programming. A Monte Carlo simulation combined with particle swarm optimization algorithm is employed to optimize the model. The simulation results show that both the objective function and constraint condition have been tightened and that the operation costs have increased. A higher stability of the system corresponds to the higher operation costs of controlled generators. These operation costs also increase along with the confidence levels for the objective function and constraints.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China
- Islam, Md. R. and Gabbar, H. A. "Study of Small Modular Reactors in Modern Microgrids," Int T Electr Energy, vol. 25, no. 9:1943-1951, 2015.
- Venkataramanan Giri. Marnay Chris. "A Larger Role for Microgrids," IEEE Power Energy M, vol. 6, no. 3:78-82, 2008.
- Xiarnay Chris,Asano Hiroshi, Papathanassiou Stavros, et al. "Policy Making for Microgrids," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers, vol. 6, no. 3:66-77, 2008.
- Faisal A. Mohamed, Heikki N. Koivo. "System modelling and online optimal management of MicroGrid using mesh adaptive direct search," Int J Elec Power, vol. 32, no. 5: 398-407, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2009.11.003
- Si Young Lee, Young Gyu Jin, Sun Kyo Kim,et al. "Operation Planning of Reserve in Microgrid Considering Market Participation and Energy Storage System," J Electr Eng Technol, vol. 9, no. 3: 1089-1095, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.3.1089
- Ango Sobu, Guohong Wu Member. "Optimal Operation Planning Method for Isolated Microgrid Considering Uncertainties of Renewable Power Generations and Load Demand," IEEE PES ISGT Asia, 1569536541:1-6, 2012.
- Sung-Eun Lee, Dong-Jun Won and Il-Yop Chung, "Operation Scheme for a Wind Farm to Mitigate Output Power Variation," J Electr Eng Technol, vol. 7, no. 6: 869-875, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.6.869
- Hak-Man Kim, Tetsuo Kinoshita and Yujin Lim, "Talmudic Approach to Load Shedding of Islanded Microgrid Operation Based on Multiagent System," J Electr Eng Technol, vol. 6, no. 2, pp: 284-292, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2011.6.2.284
- Ma Xiyuan, Wu Yaowen, Fang Hualiang, et al. "Optimal Sizing of Hybrid Solar-wind Distributed Generation in an Islanded Microgrid Using Improved Bacterial Foraging Algorithm," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 31, no. 25:17-26, 2011.
- Yiwei Ma, Ping Yang, Hongxia Guo,et al. "Dynamic Economic Dispatch and Control of a Stand-alone Microgrid in DongAo Island," J Electr Eng Technol, vol. 10, no. 4: 1432-1440, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.4.1432
- Daizheng Huang, Renxi Gong, Shu Gong. "Constrained Multiobjective Optimization for Microgrid Based on Nondominated Immune Algorithm," IEEJ Trans, vol. 10, no. 4: 376-382, 2015.
- Xufeng Xu, Joydeep Mitra, Tingting Wang,et al. "Reliability Evaluation of a Microgrid Considering Its Operating Condition," J Electr Eng Technol, vol. 11, no. 1: 47-54, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2016.11.1.047
- Wang Rui, Gu Wei, Wu Zhi. "Economic and Optimal Operation of a Combined Heat and Power Microgrid," Automation of Electric Power Systems, vol. 35, no. 8:22-27, 2011.
- Gu Wei, Wu Zhi, WANG Rui. "Multi-objective Optimization of Combined Heat and Power Microgrid Considering Pollutant Emission," Automation of Electric Power Systems, vol. 36, no. 14:177-185, 2012.
- Chen Jie, Yang Xiu, Zhu Lan, et al. "Microgrid multiobjective economic dispatch optimization," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 33, no. 19:57-67, 2013.
- Liu Xiaoping, Ding Ming, Zhang Yingyuan, et al. "Dynamic economic dispatch for microgrids," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 31, no. 31:77-84, 2011.
- Baoding Liu. "Uncertainty Theory (Fourth Edition)," Department of Mathematical Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. Available at: http://orsc.edu.cn/liu
- Nikos Hatziargyriou, Hiroshi Asano, Reza Iravani, et al. "Microgrids," IEEE Power Energy M: 78-94, 2007.
- Lasseter R H, Akhil A, Marnay C, et al. "Integration of Distributed Energy Resources : the CERTS Microgrid Concept," USA-Consortium for Electric Reliability Technology Solutions, 2002.
- Zhi Wu, Wei Gu, Rui Wang, et al. "Economic Optimal Schedule of CHP Microgrid System Using Chance Constrained Programming and Particle Swarm Optimization," IEEE-PES General Meeting, July 2011.
- Mohamed, F., and Heikki, koivo. "System Modelling and Online Optimal Management of Microgrid," 6th International Workshop on Large-Scale Integration of Wind Power and Transmission Networks for Offshore Wind Farms: 26-28, 2006.
- Mohamed F A, Koivo H. N. "Online Management of Microgrid with Battery Storage Using Multiobjective Optimization," Proceedings of 2007 International Conference on Power Engineering, Energy and Electrical Drives. Setubal, Portugal:IEEE:231-236, 2007.
- Qian Kejun, Yuan Yue, Shi Xiaodan, et al. "Environmental Benefits Analysis of Distributed Generation," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 28, no. 29:11-15, 2008.
- Yang Hongxing, Zhou Wei, Lu Lin, et al. "Optimal Sizing Method for Stand-alone Hybrid Solar-wind System with LPSP Technology by Using Genetic Algorithm," Solar Energy, vol. 82, no. 4:354-367, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2007.08.005
- Bowden G J, Barker P R, Shestopal V O, et al. "Weibull Distribution Function and Wind Power Statistics," Wind Engineering, vol. 7, no. 2:85-98, 1983.
- He Xianfu, Lu Xia, Yang Yuejin Liu Wankun. "Design, manufacture and operation for wind turbine," Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, China, 2009.
- NREL. "Energy modeling software for hybrid renewable energy systems," Available at: http://www.homerenergy.com/,2013.
- Zhang Meixia, Chen Jie, Yang Xiu, et al. "Threephase Power Flow Calculation for Microgrid with Volatile Wind Power, Photovoltaic Power and Load," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 33, no. 13:101-107, 2013.
- Karaki S H, Chedid R B, Ramadan R. "Probabilistic Performance Assessment of Autonomous Aolar-wind Energy Conversion Systems," IEEE T Energy Conver, vol. 14, no. 3:766-772, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.790949
- Liang Shuang, Hu Xuehao, Zhang Dongxia, et al. "Probabilistic Models Based Evaluation Method for Capacity Credit of Photovoltaic Generation," Automation of Electric Power Systems, vol. 36, no. 13:32-36, 2012.
- Huang Haiyun. "Principles of application of solar photovoltaic power generation," Chemical Industry Press, Beijing,China,2009.
- Lin Shaobo, Han Minxiao, Zhao Guopeng, et al. "Capacity Allocation of Energy Storage in Distributed Photovoltaic Power System Based on Stochastic Prediction Error," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 33, no. 4:25-34, 2013.
- Yang Yun, Zhang Shijie, Xiao Yunhan, et, al. "Application of Monte Carlo Method in Uncertainty Evaluation for Cogeneration Systems," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 33, no. 2:16-23, 2013.