- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of Swallowing Training with Biofeedback on Swallowing Function and Satisfaction in Acute Stroke Patients with Dysphagia
생체되먹임을 통한 삼킴훈련이 삼킴장애가 있는 급성기 뇌졸중 환자의 삼킴기능과 만족감에 미치는 효과
- Received : 2016.12.22
- Accepted : 2017.01.10
- Published : 2017.04.28
The purpose of current investigation was identified to the effects of swallowing training with surface electromyography biofeedback on swallowing function and dietary level, satisfaction in acute stroke patients with dysphagia. Sixteen acute stroke patients with dysphagia was participated in our study. All stroke paitents were allocated in randomly to experiemental group(n=8) and control group(n=8). Both group received traditional dysphagia therapy during 30min/day, five per week, for four weeks. experimental group was perfomed swallowing training with surface electromyography biofeedback, additionally 30 min/day, and control group received only swallowing training, additionally 30 min/day. Assessments evaluated Functional Dysphagia Scale(FDS) and Penetration-Aspiration Scale(PAS) for measure of swallowing function, and Functional Oral Intake Scale(FOIS) assessed for measure of dietary level. satisfaction assessed by using Visual Analog Satisfaction Scale(VASS). In results, after intervention both group improved significant on swallowing function, and dietary level, compared to before intervention(p<0.05). After intervention, satisfaction of both group was not significant difference(p>0.05). In comparison of change score between two group, experimental group improved significantly than control group in dietary level(p<0.05). Swallowing training with surface electromyography biofeedback may be a effective dysphagia therapy to improve on dietary level in acute stroke patients with dysphagia.
- G. Mann, G. J. Hankey, and D. Cameron, "Swallowing function after stroke: Prognosis and prognostic factors at 6 months," Stroke, Vol.30, No.1, pp.744-748, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.30.4.744
- T. C. Drulia and C. L. Ludlow, "Relative efficacy of swallowing versus non-swallowing tasks in dysphagia rehabilitation: current evidence and future directions," Current physical medicine and rehabilitation reports, Vol.1, No.4, pp.242-256, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40141-013-0029-7
- 문종훈, 김희진, 강민규, 원영식, "혀 근력 및 정확도 훈련이 삼킴장애가 있는 만성 뇌졸중 환자의 혀 근력, 삼킴기능, 삶의 질에 미치는 효과," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제16권, 제11호, pp.288-297, 2016.
- M. L. Huckabee, S. G. Butler, M. Barclay, and S. Jit, "Submental surface electromyographic measurement and pharyngeal pressures during normal and effortful swallowing," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.86, No.11, pp.2144-2149, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2005.05.005
- G. H. McCullough, E. Kamarunas, G. C. Mann, J. W. Schmidley, J. A. Robbins, and M. A. Crary, "Effects of Mendelsohn maneuver on measures of swallowing duration post stroke. Topics in stroke rehabilitation," Vol.19, No.3, pp.234-243, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1310/tsr1903-234
- M. L. Huckabee and M. P. Cannito, "Outcomes of swallowing rehabilitation in chronic brainstem dysphagia: A retrospective evaluation," Dysphagia, Vol.14, No.1, pp.93-109, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1007/PL00009593
- L. M. Burkhead, C. M. Sapienza, and J. C. Rosenbek, "Strength-training exercise in dysphagia rehabilitation: Principles, procedures, and directions for future research," Dysphagia, Vol.22, No.2, pp.251-265, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00455-006-9074-z
- H. C. A. Bogaardt, W. Grolman, and W. J. Fokkens, "The use of biofeedback in the treatment of chronic dysphagia in stroke patients," Folia Phoniatr Logop, Vol.60, No.4, pp.200-205, 2009.
- M. A. Crary, "A direct intervention program for chronic neurogenic dysphagia secondary to brainstem stroke," Dysphagia, Vol.10, No.4, pp.6-18, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00261273
- H. Huang, S. L. Wolf, and J. He, "Recent developments in biofeedback for neuromotor rehabilitation," Journal of neuroengineering and rehabilitation, Vol.3, No.1, pp.156-163, 2006.
- 강승희, 허진강, 김희수, "근전도 바이오피드백이 급성기 뇌졸중 환자의 연하기능 향상에 미치는 영향," 대한치료과학회지, 제5권, pp.5-12, 2013.
- M. A. Crary, G. D. Carnaby, and M. E. Groher, "Helseth E. Functional benefits of dysphagia therapy using adjunctive sEMG biofeedback," Dysphagia, Vol.19, pp.160-164, 2004.
- T. R. Han, N. J. Paik, and J. W. Park, "Quantifying swallowing function after stroke: a functional dysphagia scale based on videofluoroscopic studies," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.82, No.5, pp.677-682, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1053/apmr.2001.21939
- J. C. Rosenbek, J. A. Robbins, E. B. Roecker, J. L. Coyle, and J. L. Wood, "A penetration-aspiration scale," Dysphagia, Vol.11, No.2, pp.93-98, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00417897
- M. A. Crary, G. D. C. Mann, and M. E. Groher, "Initial psychometric assessment of a functional oral intake scale for dysphagia in stroke patients," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.86, No.8, pp.1516-1520, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2004.11.049
- A. J. Singer, "Determination of the minimal clinically significant difference on a patient visual analog satisfaction scale," Academic emergency medicine, Vol.5, No.10, pp.1007-1011, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1553-2712.1998.tb02781.x
- 김본이, 이슬, 문종훈, 원영식, "삼킴장애가 있는 뇌졸중 노인 환자에서 저항성 고개 숙이기 운동과 Shaker 운동의 목뿔위 및 목빗근 활성 비교," 재활복지, 제20권, 제3호, pp.179-193, 2016.
- 문종훈, 김희진, 서진영, 홍덕기, "비디오 투시조영 검사를 통한 높은 점도의 음식 삼킴훈련이 삼 킴장애가 있는 뇌졸중 환자의 삼킴기능에 미치는 효과," 한국전자통신학회, 제9권, 제11호, pp.909-916, 2016.
- R. Bonita and R. Beaglehole, "Recovery of motor function after stroke," Stroke, Vol.19, No.12, pp.1497-1500, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.19.12.1497
- M. Bryant, "Biofeedback in the treatment of a selected dysphagic patient," Dysphagia, Vol.6, No.1, pp.140-144, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02493516
- 권진, "노인요양병원 선택요인이 환자만족도와 재이용 및 구전의도에 미치는 영향," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제10호, pp.301-311, 2011.
- 김세연, "정상노인의 삼킴관련 삶의 질이 노인의 전반적인 삶의 질에 미치는 영향," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제14권, 제6호, pp.288-297, 2014.