- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of an Interpersonal Caring Music Activity Program on Loneliness, Self-esteem, and the Stress Response in Children of Single-parent Families
대인돌봄 음악활동 프로그램이 한 부모 가정 아동의 외로움, 자아존중감, 스트레스 반응에 미치는 효과
- Received : 2016.08.09
- Accepted : 2017.03.17
- Published : 2017.04.28
This study is designed as a non-equivalent controlled before-and-after quasi-experimental study by having a control group for the effect of the interpersonal caring music activity program in children of single-parent families. Data collection was carried out in 22 children of single-parent families as the study group and in 23 children as the control group recruited from 22 community centers for children located in N city from July to September, 2014. As the study tool, the Heart Rate Variability (HRV) was used to measure loneliness, self-esteem scale and the stress response. With the collected data and using SPSS 18.0 for Window program, the Homogeneity test between the study group and the control group was conducted by using t-test and
Single Home Children;Loneliness;Self-esteem;Stress Responese;Interpersonal Caring Program with Music Activities
- E. S. Hwang, "Effects of a single mothers' empowerment program," Journal of Korea Single parent Family Institute, Vol.3, No.1, pp.25-39, 2008.
- C. W. Park, The Effect of the Communication Types of Parents-Children, Perceived by the Youth Children of Single Parent Families on Self-esteem and Self-Identity, Donguk University, Master thesis, Korea, 2013.
- E. S. Hwang, "Needs survey of divorced parents education program," Journal of Korea Single parent Family Institute, Vol.2, No.1, pp.1-22, 2007.
- Y. S. Seu and E. S. Hwang, Single-parent family and understanding education of divorce, Seoul : Yangseuwon, 2004.
- S. R. Sok and S. H. Shin, "Comparsion of the Factors Influencing Children's Self-esteem between Two Parent Families and Single Parent Families," Journal of Academic nursing, Vol.40, No.3, pp.367-377, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.3.367
- H. S. Kim, Y. S. Chae, and G. R. Park, "Effects of a Self-Growth Progrm on Self-esteem, Inferiority, and Peer-relationships in Children using a Community Child Center," Journal of korean academy of Child Health nursing, Vol.16, No.1, pp.1-9, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2010.16.1.1
- M. S. Choi and J. Y. Lee, "Loneliness of the Children Raised by Grandparents," Journal of Play Therapy, Vol.10, No.2, pp.33-43, 2007.
- J. H. Lee, The relationship between a child's loneliness and self-esteem, peer competence, his/her mother's rearing attitude, Ewha Womans University, Master thesis, Korea, 2010.
- S. S. Kim, Interpersonal caring, Seoul : Soomoonsa, 2012.
- B. C. Choe, Music Therapy, Seoul: Hakgisa, 2006.
- J. S. Kim, The effects of song psychotherapy on self-esteem of children in low incomes class, Hansei University, Master thesis, Korea, 2010.
- H. J. Jeong, Human behavior and music, Seoul : Hakgisa, 2011.
- M. S. Kim, The influence of therapeutic group music activities upon the prosicial behavior of the institutionalized children, Sookmyun Women's University, Master thesis, Korea, 2001.
- K. M. Seong, The effects of the music therapy on the activities of autonomic Nerve System and Anxiety of Women in Labor, Hanyang University, Doctorate thesis, Korea, 2009.
- J. H. Park, The effects of group musical activities on self-esteem improvement and stress decrease of low-income children, Daejeon University, Master thesis, Korea, 2013.
- E. J. Seo, Comparsion of the effect of music therapy and Noise blocking intervention on the vital sign, pain and satisfaction of PACU, Gachon University, Msater thesis, Korea, 2012.
- Y. Jung and M. H. Choi, "effects of music-based group reminiscence program on interpersonal relationship, self-esteem and depression in hospitalized elderly people," Journal of korean clinical nursing Research, Vol.15, No.3, pp.75-84, 2009.
- L. B. Robert, "Interpretation of normalized spectral Heart Rate Variability indices in sleep research Sleep," A Critical Review: US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, Vol.30, No.7, pp.913-919, 2007.
- H. S. Jeoun, Effects of Family Emotional Environment on Children's Peer Relationship and Loneliness, Chunbuk National University, Master thesis, Korea, 2013.
- I. J. Kim and J. S. Lee, "Effects of clinical training on stress, anxiety and changes in Autonomic Nervous System in nursing students," Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, Vol.13, No.2, pp.102-108, 2011.
- K. W. Oh, Evaluation of autonomic dysfuction in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis using the heart rate variability, Hanyang University, Master thesis, Korea, 2012.
- M. E. Son, According to cyber leisure and physical activity on heart rate variability changes in school adolesents, Keimyung University, Master thesis, Korea, 2010.
- H. J. Lee, The influences of physical activities on the autonomic nervous system activity in obese adolescents, University of Seoul, Master thesis, Korea, 2011.
- W. A. LU and C. D. KUO, "The Effect of Chi Chuan on the Autonomic Nervous modulation in older persons," Official Journal of the American College of Sports Medicine, Vol.35, No.2, pp.1972-1976, 2003.
- S. J. Kim, Relationships of children's loneliness, self-esteem, and mothers' child-rearing attitude, Keimyung University, Master thesis, Korea, 2012.
- K. A. Kang, S. J. Kim, and M. K. Song, "A Study on the Relationship between Self-Esteem and Meaning of Life in Higher Grade Elementary School Students," Journal of Academic Society Health nursing, Vol.20, No.3, pp.269-276, 2009.
- S. H. Park, Effects of group music therapy on children's self respect, Hansei University, Master thesis, Korea, 2013.
- L. C. M. Vanderlei, C. M. Pastre, I. F. Freitas and M. F. D. Godoy, "Fractal correlation of heart rate variability in obese children," Autonomic Neuroscience: Basic and Clinical, Vol.155, pp.125-129, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autneu.2010.02.002
- D. Ramaekers, H. Ector, A. E. Aubert, A. Rubens, and V. D. Werf, "heart rate variability and heart rate in healthy Volunteers," European Heart Journal, Vol.19, pp.1334-1341, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1053/euhj.1998.1084
- H. Y. Park, The effect of song-focused music therapy activity on the emotional intelligence for elementary school student, Sookmyung Women's university, Master thesis, Korea, 2013.
- Y. S. Jung, The effect of the music therapy with playing musical instrumen on the elementary students' emotion, Soonchunhyan University, Master thesis, Korea, 2013.
- S. Lee, Effectiveness of the community psychiatric nursing program for rehabilitation of the home-based psychiatric patients, Ewha Womans University, Doctorate thesis, Korea, 1996.