- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Study on Perceived Overload Confusion due to Modular Product's Option Size
모듈형 제품의 옵션 수가 소비자의 과잉혼란 지각에 미치는 영향 -조절초점, 제품친숙도, 자기효능감의 조절효과를 중심으로-
- 김건 (한국기계연구원)
- Received : 2016.12.20
- Accepted : 2017.02.06
- Published : 2017.04.28
Modularity has merits in modifiability of product structure management and product arrangement. This feature helps consumer to expand the selection of products and to get customized products. Also consumers are drive satisfaction and reduce a post-purchase dissonance from role in a 'prosumer'. But expanding product's alternative would cause the overload confusion by rising complexity of information handling. Purpose of the study is to verify how interaction about option size and personal disposition are effected consumer's overload confusion. For this purpose we deducted 3 personal dispositions 'Regulatory focus', 'Product familiarity', 'Self-efficacy' that presented lead to potential effect of personal information handling by previous research. By statistical inquiry prevent focus group had perceived more overload confusion than promotion focus group in an expanding option size circumstances. And low Product familiarity and Self-efficacy group had perceived more overload confusion than high Product familiarity and Self-efficacy group in a expanding option size circumstances.
Moduler Product;Overload Confusion;Regulatory Focus;Product Familiarity;Self-efficacy
- B. Joseph. Pine, Mass customization: the new frontier in business competition, Harvard Business Press, 1993.
- J. Lampel and H. Mintzberg, "Customizing customization," MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol.38, No.1, p.21, 1996.
- J. H. Gilmore and B. J. Pine, "The four faces of mass customization," Harvard business review, Vol.75, pp.91-101, 1997.
- Q. Tu, M. A. Vonderembse, T. S. Ragu Nathan, and B. Ragu‐Nathan, "Measuring modularity based manufacturing practices and their impact on mass customization capability: a customer driven perspective," Decision Sciences, Vol.35, No.2, pp.147-168, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.00117315.2004.02663.x
- K. Ulrich, "The role of product architecture in the manufacturing firm," Research policy, Vol.24, No.3, pp.419-440, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0048-7333(94)00775-3
- 이승규, 박태훈, 김경태, "제품 아키텍처의 진화와 경쟁전략," 한국경영과학회 2008년 추계학술대회 및 정기총회, pp.24-36, 2008.
- 전성률, "옵션프레이밍 방식이 소비자의 제품옵션 선택결정에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구," 마케팅연구, 제14권, 제2호, pp.69-94, 1999.
- Stephen J. Hoch, Eric T. Bradlow, and Brian Wansink, "The variety of an assortment," Marketing Science, Vol.18, No.4, pp.527-546, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.18.4.527
- MacDuffie, John Paul, Kannan Sethuraman, and Marshall L. Fisher, "Product variety and manufacturing performance," Management Science, Vol.42, No.3, pp.350-369, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.42.3.350
- K. Lancaster, "The economics of product variety: A survey," Marketing Science, Vol.9, No.3, pp.189-206, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.9.3.189
- J. Berger, M. Draganska, and I. Simonson, "The influence of product variety on brand perception and choice," Marketing Science, Vol.26, No.4, pp.460-472, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.1060.0253
- J. Baron and I. Ritov, "Reference points and omission bias," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol.59, No.3, pp.475-498, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1006/obhd.1994.1070
- V. W. Mitchell and V. Papavassiliou, "Marketing causes and implications of consumer confusion," Journal of Product & Brand Management, Vol.8, No.4, pp.319-342, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1108/10610429910284300
- Walsh, Gianfranco, and Vincent-Wayne Mitchell, "The effect of consumer confusion proneness on word of mouth, trust, and customer satisfaction," European Journal of Marketing, Vol.44, No.6, pp.838-859, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090561011032739
- G. Walsh, T. Hennig-Thurau, and V. W. Mitchell, "Consumer confusion proneness: scale development, validation, and application," Journal of Marketing Management, Vol.23, No.7-8, pp.697-721, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1362/026725707X230009
- V. W. Mitchell, G. Walsh, and M. Yamin, "Towards a conceptual model of consumer confusion," NA-Advances in Consumer Research, Vol.32, 2015.
- E. T. Higgins, "Beyond pleasure and pain," American psychologist, Vol.52, No.12, p.1280, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.52.12.1280
- E. Crowe and E. T. Higgins, "Regulatory focus and strategic inclinations: Promotion and prevention in decision-making," Organizational behavior and human decision processes, Vol.69, No.2, pp.117-132, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1006/obhd.1996.2675
- R. Zhou and M. T. Pham, "Promotion and Prevention across Mental Accounts: When Financial Products Dictate Consumers& Investment Goals," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.31, No.1, pp.125-135, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1086/383429
- R. S. Friedman and J. Forster, "The effects of promotion and prevention cues on creativity," Journal of personality and social psychology, Vol.81, No.6, pp.1001-1013, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2061
- 박기경, 류강석, 박종원 "소비자의 조절초점, 상품구색의 크기, 그리고 선택모드가 금융상품 선택에 미치는 영향," 마케팅연구, 제30권, 제4호, pp.1-19, 2015.
- C. Liu and S. Forsythe, "Sustaining online shopping: Moderating role of online shopping motives," Journal of Internet Commerce, Vol.9, No.2, pp.83-103, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/15332861.2010.503848
- C. W. Park and V. P. Lessig, "Familiarity and its impact on consumer decision biases and heuristics," Journal of consumer research, Vol.8, No.2, pp.223-230, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1086/208859
- J. W. Alba and J. W. Hutchinson, "Dimensions of consumer expertise," Journal of consumer research, Vol.13, No.4, pp.411-454, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1086/209080
- E. J. Johnson and J. E. Russo, "Product familiarity and learning new information," Journal of consumer research, Vol.11, No.1, pp.542-550, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1086/208990
- Higgins, Edward Tory, "Knowledge activation: Accessibility, applicability, and salience," Social psychology: Handbook of basic principles, pp.133-168, 1996.
- Richard L. Celsi and Jerry C. Olson "The role of involvement in attention and comprehension processes," Journal of consumer research, Vol.15, No.2, pp.210-224, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1086/209158
- Ann E. Beattie, "Effects of Product Knowledge on Compaison, Memory, Evaluation, and Choice: a Model of Expertise in Consumer Decision-Making," NA-Advances in Consumer Research, Vol.09, 1982.
- M. Brucks, "A typology of consumer knowledge content," NA-Advances in Consumer Research, Vol.13, 1986.
- A. Bandura, "Self-efficacy: toward a unifying theory of behavioral change," Psychological review, Vol.84, No.2, p.191, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- M. S. Eastin and R. LaRose, "Internet self efficacy and the psychology of the digital divide," Journal of Computer Mediated Communication, Vol.6, No.1, 2000.
- M. H. Hsu and C. M. Chiu, "Internet self-efficacy and electronic service acceptance," Decision support systems, Vol.38, No.3, pp.369-381, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2003.08.001
- Steven P. Brown, Shankar Ganesan, and Goutam Challagalla, "Self-efficacy as a moderator of information seeking effectiveness," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.86, No.5, p.1043, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.86.5.1043
- M. J. Tsai and C. C. Tsai, "Information searching strategies in web-based science learning: The role of Internet self-efficacy," Innovations in Education and Teaching International, Vol.40, No.1, pp.43-50, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/1355800032000038822
- GARCIA, Teresa; PINTRICH, Paul R. Student Motivation and Self-Regulated Learning: A LISREL Model, 1991.
- 문선정, 강보현, 이수형, "소비자 혼란이 분노를 통해 구전, 신뢰에 미치는 영향: 소비자의 부정적 감정 성향과 불확실성 인내력 부족의 조절역할을 중심으로," 한국마케팅저널, 제13권, 제1호, pp.113-141, 2011.
- 유창조, 안광호, 박성휘, "온라인 구전정보가 소비자 구매의도에 미치는 영향에 대한 실증연구," Asia Marketing Journal, Vol.13, No.3, pp.209-231, 2011.
- J. E. Russo and E. J. Johnson, "What do consumers know about familiar products?," NA-Advances in Consumer Research, Vol.07, 1980.
- 배재권, "소셜커머스 서비스의 재구매의도 영향 요인에 관한 연구," e-비즈니스연구, 제14권, 제2호, pp.199-224, 2013.
- 유재홍, 최새솔, 최문기, "IT융합제품 잠재구매자의 외부정보원천 활용에 대한 연구," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제11호, pp.217-233, 2011.
- 송경숙, "와인 선택속성이 만족도 및 재구매의도에 미치는 영향," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제12권, 제5호, pp.431-446, 2012.