- Volume 17 Issue 4
The study was carried out to identify the relationship of patients' self-rating and nurses' rating on health literacy of hospitalized patients. Data were collected using the Korean Functional Health Literacy Test (KFHLT) which was revised for hospitalized patients and Single Item Literacy Screener. A total of 178 subjects, which consisted of 89 hospitalized patients and 89 nurses taking care of them, were recruited from medical and surgical wards of E university hospital. Collected data were analyzed using SPSS 23.0 program. The results showed that the average health literacy score of the subjects was
Supported by : 을지대학교
- C. Dickens, B. L. Lambert, T. Cromwell, and M. R. Piano, "Nurse Overestimation of Patients' health literacy," J. of Health Communication, Vol.18, No.18(supl), pp.62-69, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730.2013.825670
- C. McCabe, "Nurse-patient Communication: An Exploration of Patient's Experience," J. of Clinical Nursing, Vol.13, No.1, pp.41-49, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2004.00817.x
- C. Baur, "Calling the Nation to Act: Implementing the National Action Plan to Improve Health Literacy," Nursing Outlook, Vol.59, pp.63-69, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2010.12.003
- D. A. Kindig, A. M. Panzer, and L. Nielsen- Bohlman, Health Literacy: a Prescription to End Confusion, National Academies Press, 2004.
- D. B. Friedman and L. Hoffman-Goetz, "A Systematic Rreview of Readability and Comprehension Instruments used for Print and Web-based Cancer Information," Health Education and Behavior, Vol.33, pp.352-373, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/1090198105277329
- D. Schillinger, J. Piette, K. Grumbach, F. Wang, C. Wilson, C. Daher, K. Leong-Grotz, C. Castro, and A. B. Bindman, "Physician Communication with Diabetic Patients who have Low Health Literacy," Archives of Internal Medicine, Vol.163, No.1, pp.83-90, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.163.1.83
- S. E. Mitchell, E. Sadikova, B. W. Jack, and M. K. Paasche-Orlow, "Health Literacy and 30-day Postdischarge Hospital Utilization," J. of Health Communication, Vol.17, Suppl.3, pp.325-338, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730.2012.715233
- E. W. Baker, M. S. Wolf, J. Feinglass, J. A. Thompson, J. A. Gazmararian, and J. Huang, "Health Literacy and Mortality among Elderly Persons," Archives of Internal Medicine, Vol.167, pp.1503-1509, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.167.14.1503
- L. Kourkouta and I. V. Papathanasiou, "Communication in Nursing Practice," Materia socio-medical, Vol.26, No.1, pp.65-67, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5455/msm.2014.26.65-67
- C. Coleman, "Teaching Health Care Professionals about Health Literacy: A Review of the Literature," Nursing Outlook, Vol.59, pp.70-78, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2010.12.004
- S. E. Barrett, J. S. Puryear, and K. Westpheling, Health Literacy Practices in Primary Care Settings: Examples from the Field, Commonwealth Fund, 2008.
- A. Macabasco-O'Connell and E. K. Fry-Bowers, "Knowledge and Perceptions of Health Literacy among Nursing Professionals," J. of health communication, Vol.16, Suppl.3, pp.295-307, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730.2011.604389
- M. G. E. Kutner, Y. Jin, and C. Paulsen, The Health Literacy of America's Adults: Results from the 2003 National Assessment of Adult Literacy, National Center of Education Statistics, 2006.
- P. F. Bass, J. F. Wilson, C. H. Griffith, and D. R. Barnett, "Residents' Ability to Identify Patients with Poor Literacy Skills," Academic Medicine, Vol.77, pp.1039-1041, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1097/00001888-200210000-00021
- L. S. Wallace, E. S. Rogers, S. E. Roskos, D. B. Holiday, and B. D. Weiss, "Brief Report: Screening Items to Identify Patients with Limited Health Literacy Skills," J. of General Internal Medicine, Vol.21, pp.874-877, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00532.x
- 홍인화, 은영, "입원환자의 건강정보문해력에 관한 연구," 성인간호학회지, 제24권, 제5호, pp.477-488, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.5.477
- 이영태, 윤태영, 김상현, "환자의 특성에 따른 기능적 건강정보이해능력과 의료인의 설명이해도," 보건과 사회과학, 제32집, pp.145-171, 2012.
- 김유정, 이가언, "노인 입원환자의 의료기관 인쇄물에 대한 읽기 쉬움 평가와 의료정보 이해능력," 노인간호학회지 제16권, 제1호, pp.9-17, 2014.
- 김수현, 이은주, "노인의 기능적 의료정보 이해 능력이 지각된 건강상태에 미치는 영향," 대한간호학회지, 제38권, 제2호, pp.195-203, 2008.
- P. A. Kelly and P. Haidet, "Physician Overestimation of Patient Literacy: A Potential Source of Health Care Disparities," Patient Education and Counseling, Vol.66, pp.119-122, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2006.10.007
- R. S. Safeer and J. Keenan, "Health Literacy: the Gap between Physicians and Patients," American Family Physician, Vol.72, No.3, pp.463-468, 2005.
- 김순임, "2008 국민의 기초 문해력 조사 개요," 새국어생활, 제19권, 제2호, pp.17-32, 2009.
- 이승준, "수술동의서의 형사법적 제 문제," 법학 연구, 제19권, 제1호, pp.219-243, 2009.
- M. S. Wolf, L. M. Curtis, E. A. Wilson, W. Revelle, K. R. Waite, S. G. Smith, and D. W. Baker, "Literacy, Cognitive Function and Health: Results of the LitCog Study," J. of General Internal Medicine, Vol.27, pp.1300-1307, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-012-2079-4
- S. Cornett, "Assessing and Addressing Health Literacy," Online J. of Issues in Nursing, Vol.13, No.3, 2009. http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodi cals/OJIN/TableofContents/Vol142009/No3Sept 09/Assessing-Health-Literacy-.html