- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Developing a Quantitative Evaluation Model for Screening the Research Grant Applications
연구지원 대상자 선정을 위한 정량평가 모형개발
- Received : 2017.01.09
- Accepted : 2017.02.02
- Published : 2017.04.28
This research investigates the quantitative screening methods for the Grant Funding system and seeks for the efficient evaluation of a number of proposals. We search foreign cases of Grand Funding, but we found no appropriate model for using in Korea. Thus, we had to develope our own model for better screening. First, we analyse the existing evaluation system and find some problems and challenges. Second, we suggest a quantitative screening system for Grant Funding with a numeric model, and operates a tedious simulation by using the previous data and our suggested model. Third, we test the suggested model and find the optimal model by using simulation method The number of data analysed for simulation is larger than 200 thousands. Last, we suggest some brief policy implications based on the results in the paper.
NRF;Grant Funding;Weight Evaluation Index;Quantitative Screening Method;Logit Regression
Supported by : 충남대학교
- 서옥이, 박귀순, 신숙경, 이성종, 이원근, 이윤희, "한국형 그랜트 지원방식 도입에 따른 선정평가 효율화를 위한 정량적 가이드라인 수립에 관한 연구," 기술혁신학회지, 제16권, 제2호, pp.424-443, 2013.
- 이희상, 기초연구사업 평가시 정량지표 도입을 통한 객관성 강화 방안, 한국연구재단, 2011.
- 한국연구재단, 사업 신청요강, 2015.
- 홍종선, KCI기반 Kor-Factor평가지표 개발 및 시범적용, 한국학술진흥재단, 2007.
- P. D. Batista, M. G. Campiteli, O. Kinouchi, and A. S. Martinez, "Is it possible to compare researchers with different scientific interests?," Scientometrics, Vol.68, pp.179-189, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-006-0090-4
- J. E. Hirsch, "An index to quantify an individual's scientific research output," PNAS, Vol.102, No.46, pp.16569-16572, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0507655102
- J. E. Hirsch, "Does the h index have predictive power?," PNAS Vol.104, pp.19193-19198, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0707962104
- J. E. Hirsch, "An index to quantify an individual's scientific research output that takes into account the effect of multiple coauthorship," Scientometrics, Vol.85, No.3, pp.741-754, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-010-0193-9
- H. Marsh, U. Jayasinghe, and W. Nigel, "Improving the Peer-Review Process for Grant Applications Reliability, Validity, Bias, and Generalizability," American Psychologist, Vol.63, No.3, pp.160-168, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.63.3.160
- National Science Foundation, Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide, 2013.
- National Science Foundation, NSF Grant Policy Manual (GPM), National Science Foundation, 2013.