- Volume 17 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Enhancing Fingerprints Treated with Two Fluorescence Amino Acid Reactive Reagents in Accordance with Laser and LED Light Sources
광원에 따른 아미노산 반응 형광시약 처리지문의 증강 효과성 비교
- 김채원 (순천향대학교 법과학대학원) ;
- 기진영 (순천향대학교 법과학대학원) ;
- 김규연 (순천향대학교 법과학대학원) ;
- 김지연 (순천향대학교 법과학대학원) ;
- 전소영 (순천향대학교 법과학대학원) ;
- 유제설 (순천향대학교 법과학대학원)
- Received : 2017.01.02
- Accepted : 2017.02.15
- Published : 2017.04.28
Forensic light source is commonly used for enhancing evidence in a nondestructive way. Latent fingerprints play an important role in an aspect of crime scene investigation. In this study, researchers compared enhancement of standard fingerprints treated with DFO and 1,2-IND in accordance with laser and LED light sources. As a result, laser light source has a better effect rather than LED light sources. However, each light source has strengths and weaknesses in terms of performance and portability. Therefore, researchers recommend that crime scene investigators need to use laser and LED light sources depending on the situation.
Forensic Light Source;DFO;1,2-IND;Laser;LED;Fingerprint
Supported by : 순천향대학교
- 조형우, 고현서, 한상균, 유제설, "법광원을 이용한 복잡한 배경의 잠재지문 시각화 및 증강에 관한 연구," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제16권, 제3호, pp.72-80, 2016
- H. J. Kobus, M. Stoilovic, and R. N. Warener, "A simple luminescent post-ninhydrin treatment for the improved visualisation of fingerprints on documents in cases where ninhydrin alone gives poor results," Forensic Science International, Vol.22, No.2-3, pp.161-170, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1016/0379-0738(83)90009-9
- D. L. Exline, C. Wallace, C. Roux, C. Lennard, M. P. Nelson, and P. J. Treado, "Forensic applications of chemical imaging: latent fingerprint detection using visible absorption and luminescence," Journal of forensic sciences, Vol.48, No.5, pp.1047-1053, 2003.
- D. D. Wilkinson and J. E. Watkin, Comparison of the Forensic Light Sources; Polilight, Luma Light and Spectrum 9000, Canada Research center, 2005.
- A. E. Moe, S. Marx, N. Banani, M. Liu, B. Marquardt, and D. M. Wilson, "Improvements in LED-based fluorescence analysis systems," Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol.111, pp.230-241, 2005.
- 김아람, 김우중, 정혜영, "배경에 따른 혈문증강시약(Fuchsin Acid, Eosin-Y, Acid Yellow 7) 적용의 현출도 비교실험," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제13권, 제6호, pp.194-201, 2013.
- 기진영, 김다은, 김청, 신은영, 유제설, "아미노산 반응 시약을 이용한 의복 안쪽에서의 족적 현출," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제17권, 제1호, pp.92-99, 2017.
- M. Stoilovic and C. Lenard, 김덕후 역, 지문검출과 증강, 6th edition, 알트라이트, pp.68-70,
- C. A. Pounds, R. Grigg, and T. Mongkolaussavaratana, "The use of 1, 8-diazafluoren-9-one (DFO) for the fluorescent detection of latent fingerprints on paper. A preliminary evaluation," Journal of Forensic Science, Vol.35, No.1, pp.169-175, 1990.
- D. Wilkinson, "Study of the reaction mechanism of 1, 8-diazafluoren-9-one with the amino acid, l-alanine," Forensic science international, Vol.109, No.2, pp.87-103, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0379-0738(99)00219-4
- M. M. Joullie, J. Currano, and D. Hauze, 1, 2 Indanedione, e-EROS Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, 1990.
- S. Hong, I. Hong A. Han, J. Y. Seo, and J. Namgung, "A new method of artificial latent fingerprint creation using artificial sweat and inkjet printer," Forensic science international, Vol.257, pp.403-408, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forsciint.2015.10.005
- H. L. Bandey and A. P. Gibson, "The powders process, study 2: Evaluation of fingerprint powders on smooth surfaces," HOSDB Fingerprint Development and Imaging Newsletter, Vol.8(06), No.7, pp.1-16, 2006.
- B. Dalrymple and J. Almog, "Comparison of Latent Print Detection using Semiconductor Laser and LED Light Sources with Three Chemical Reagents," J. Forensic Identification, Vol.62, pp.14-27, 2012.