- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Degrees of Low Back Pain, Knowledge of and Educational Needs for Low Back Pain in Patients with Chronic Low Back Pain
만성 요통 환자의 통증, 지식 및 교육 요구
- Kim, Seong Kyong (Samsung Medical Center, Department of Orthopedic Surgery) ;
- Kim, Hee Seung (College of Nursing, The Catholic University of Korea) ;
- Chung, Sung Soo (Samsung Medical Center, Department of Orthopedic Surgery)
- Received : 2017.01.24
- Accepted : 2017.03.14
- Published : 2017.04.30
Purpose: The purposes of this study were to identify degrees of low back pain, knowledge of and educational needs for low back pain of patients with chronic low back pain and to investigate their relationships. Methods: Data were collected from questionnaires distributed to 83 patients with chronic low back pain at a hospital. Results: The low back pain score was
- Ahn, Y. J., Shin, J. S., Lee, J. H., Lee, Y. J., Kim, M. R., Park, K. B., et al. (2016). Evaluation of use and cost of medical care of common lumbar disorders in Korea: Cross-sectional study of Korean health insurance review and assessment service national patient sample data. BMJ Open, 6(9), e012432. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2016-012432 https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2016-012432
- Bae, J. H. (2010). A study on the relation among chronic back pain, depression and quality of life in the elderly. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Faul, F., Erdfelder, E., Buchner, A., & Lang, A. G. (2009). Statistical power analyses using G*Power 3.1: Tests for correlation and regression analyses. Behavior Research Methods, 41(4), 1149-1160. https://doi.org/10.3758/BRM.41.4.1149 https://doi.org/10.3758/BRM.41.4.1149
- Ha, S. W., & Suh, Y. O. (2008). Use of the complementary and alternative therapies, pain and quality of life in patients with chronic back pain. Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Nursing, 11(1), 5-12.
- Jeon, E. Y. (2013). Effects of the hand acupressure and lumbar strengthening exercise on women with lower back pain. Journal of East-West Nursing Research, 19(2), 63-70. https://doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2013.19.2.63 https://doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2013.19.2.63
- Jeong, E. K., Kwak, Y. H., & Song, J. S. (2015). Influences of chronic pain on the use of medical services in South Korea. Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 15(2), 363-369. https://doi.org/10.5392/jkca.2015.15.02.363 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.02.363
- Jin, K. O., & Lim, N. Y. (2008). A study on the pain, depression, life satisfaction of the chronic low back pain patients. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 15(1), 73-87.
- Kim, G. Y., Oh, J. L., & Hwang, K. O. (2015). A study on related factor and knowledge of back pain in workers employed at cement factory. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 16(1), 536-543. https://doi.org/10.5762/kais.2015.16.1.536 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.1.536
- Kong, K. R., Lee, E. N., & Jeong, W. T. (2016). The perception and utilization patterns of complementary and alternative medicines in patients with fibromyalgia syndrome. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 23(3), 187-196. https://doi.org/10.5953/jmjh.2016.23.3.187 https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2016.23.3.187
- Ku, J. H. (2002). The perception on alternative health care among nurses and patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University, Gimhae.
- Lee, H. J., & Song, J. M. (2013). Analysis of the characteristics of patients with chronic low back pain using the ICF concept. Journal of Korean Society of Physical Therapy, 25(5), 282- 287.
- Lee, H. K., Shin, E. H., & Hwang, S. M. (2014). Influencing factors on the stages of change of exercise in patients with low back pain. Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Nursing, 17(2), 72-80. https://doi.org/10.7587/kjrehn.2014.72 https://doi.org/10.7587/kjrehn.2014.72
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2015, December 1). Health/ Disease Search. Retrieved November 15, 2016, from http://health.mw.go.kr/HealthInfoArea/HealthInfo/%20View.do?idx=2350
- Park, C. J. (1995). Study on knowledge, self-efficacy and coping strategies in chronic low back pain patients. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 7(1), 106-117.
- Park, H. S., Kang, Y. S., & Park, K. Y. (2006). A study on health perception and health promoting behavior in chronic back pain patients. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 36(3), 439-448. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.3.439
- Park, S. H. (2015). Factors influencing health behavior in elderly patients with chronic low back pain. Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, 17(1), 20-28. https://doi.org/10.17079/jkgn.2015.17.1.20 https://doi.org/10.17079/jkgn.2015.17.1.20
- Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea. (2016, May 30). Korean Society of Spine Surgery, Chronic back pain treatment guidelines released first in Korea. Retrieved November 15, 2016, from http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?no=387526&year=2016
- Rho, S. H. (1999). Psychiatric treatment of chronic pain disorder. Korean Journal of Psychosomatic Medicine, 7(2), 256-262.
- Samsung Medical Center (accessed 2016). Creating a healthy spine [Pamphlet]. Seoul: Author.
- Samsung Medical Center (accessed 2016). Exercise for Low Back Pain [Pamphlet]. Seoul: Author.
- Shin, I. H., & Cho, K. S. (2014). Effects of the back pain management program on patients with chronic low back pain. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 21(2), 114-124. https://doi.org/10.5953/jmjh.2014.21.2.114 https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2014.21.2.114
- Statistics Korea. (2016, December 2). Average life expectancy (0 years old life expectancy) and health life expectancy. Retrieved December 12, 2016, from http://www.index.go.kr/potal/main/EachDtlPageDetail.do?idx_cd=2758
- Yang, J. H., & Lim, S. W. (2003). A survey of utilization of alternative therapies in chronic low back pain patients. Inje Non-Chong, 18(1), 643-662.
- Yun, Y. H., Mendoza, T. R., Heo, D. S., Yoo, T. W., Heo, B. Y., Park, H. A., et al. (2004). Development of a cancer pain assessment tool in Korea: A validation study of a Korean version of the brief pain inventory. Oncology, 66, 439-444. https://doi.org/10.1159/000079497 https://doi.org/10.1159/000079497