- Volume 8 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Effect of Positive Psychological Capital and Psychological Well-being on Work Engagement of Medium and Small Hospitals Nurses
중소병원 간호사의 긍정심리자본과 심리적웰빙이 직무열의에 미치는 융합적 영향
- Kang, Jung Mi (Graduate school, Department of Nursing, Kosin University) ;
- Kwon, Jeong-Ok (Department of Nursing, Choonhae College of Health Sciences)
- Received : 2017.02.16
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.04.28
This study was to identify the convergence factors that affect work engagement in medium and small hospitals nurses, The research method were self -report questionnaire was completed by 198 nurse three hospitals in B city between April 18th to April 30th, 2016. and date analyzed using the IBM SPSS/WIN 22.0 program. As a result, work engagement was positively correlated with psychological capital and psychological well-being, significantly affecting Convergence Factors analysis showed that with positive psychological capital(
- Y. S. Jeong, Y. T. Kim, G. C. Park, “A design of service improvement model for emergency medical system using augmented reality,” Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 17-24, 2017.
- Y. S. Lee, S. H. Park, J. K. Kim, “A study on relationship among organizational fairness, motivation, job satisfaction, intention to stay of nurses,” Journal of the Korea Contents Society, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 596-609, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.10.596
- S. J. Yoo, Y. H. Choi, “Predictive factors influencing turnover intention of nurses in small and medium-sized hospitals in Daegu city,” Journal of the Korean Academy Nurses Administration, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 16-25, 2009.
- M. Y. Lee, M. R. Park, M. M. Park, H. J. Lee, E. J. Chung, H. J. Kim, "A survey on hospital nursing staffing. business report for Hospital Nurses Association," Seoul: Hospital Nurses Association: 2015.
- S. O. Hong, Y. T. Kim, Y. H. Choi, J. H. Park, S. H. Kang, “Development of severity-adjusted length of stay in knee replacement surgery,” Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 215-225, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.215
- M. S. Park, "The factors that affect work engagement and work burnout for nurses". Kyung Hee University, master's thesis, 2010.
- A. R. Oh, K. K. Park, "A study on the positive psychological capital and job engagement and employee's job behavior," Journal of the Korean Academic Society of Business Administration, Vol. 8, pp. 1311-1344. 2014.
- W. A. Kahn, "Psychological conditions of personal engagement and disengagement at work". Academy of Management" Journal Vol. 33, pp. 692-724, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/256287
- C. Maslach, W. B. Schaufeli, M. P. Leiter, "Job burnout". Annual Review of Psychology, Vol. 52, pp. 397-422, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.52.1.397
- M. Salanova, E. Breso, W. B. Schaufeli, "Hacia un modelo espiral de las creencias de eficacia en el estudio del "burnout" y del "engagement,"" Ansiedad y estres, Vol. 11, pp. 215-231, 2005.
- W. B. Schaufeli, M. Salanova, V. Gonzalez-Roma, A. B. Bakke,. "The measurement of engagement and burnout; A two sample confirmatory factor analytic approach," Journal of Happiness Studies, Vol. 3, pp. 71-92, 2002. http;//dx,doi.org/10.1023/A;1015630930326 https://doi.org/10.1023/A;1015630930326
- A. Shirom, "Feeling vigorous at work? The construct of vigor and the study of positive affect in organizations," Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp. 135-164, 2003.
- W. B. Schaufeli, T. W. Taris, W. Van, ''Workaholism, burnout and work engagement: three of a kind or three different kinds of employee well-being?'', Applied Psychology, Vol. 57, pp. 173-203, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-0597.2007.00285.x
- I. Setti, P. Argentero, "Organizational features of workplace and job engagement among Swiss healthcare workers," Nursing & Health Sciences, Vol. 13, pp. 425-432, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1442-2018.2011.00636.x
- N. Abdelhadi, A. Drach-Zahavy, "Promoting patient care; Work engagement as a mediator between ward service climate and patient-centred care," Journal of advanced nursing, Vol. 68, pp. 1276-1287, 2011.
- J. V. Sawatzky, C. L. Enns, "Exploring the key predictors of retention in emergency nurses," Journal of Nursing Management, Vol. 20, pp. 696-707, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2834.2012.01355.x
- S. S. Hong, “The impact of CEO transforma-tion leadership on organizational innovative ness; the moderating roles of organizational structure,” Korean Association of Human Resource Development, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 99-129, 2010.
- F. Luthans, B. J. Avolio, J. B. Avey, S. M. Norman, "Positive Psychological Capital: Measurement and Relationship with Performance and Satisfaction," Personnel Psychology, Vol. 60, pp. 541-572, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.2007.00083.x
- D. Sweetman, F. Luthans, "The power of positive psychology: Psychological capital and work engagement," Work engagement: A handbook of essential theory and research, pp. 54-68, 2010.
- K. H. Park, “An empirical study on the effect of positive psychological capital on creativity and job involvement of small & Medium company employee,” Learning and Performance review, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 115-132, 2012.
- M. Y. Lee, K. H. Kim, “Influence of head nurses' transformational leadership on staff nurse's psychological well-being, stress and somatization -focused on the mediating effect of positive psychological capital,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 166-175, 2012. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.166
- M. S. Park, "Study on Causal Relationship among Personality Traits, Emotional Intelligence, Psychological Well-being and Job Performance; Focused on Hotel Employees in Seoul," Doctorial Thesis, KyungHee University, pp. 10-17, 2011.
- I. O. Moon, S. K. Park, J. M. Jung, “Effects of resilience on work engagement and burnout of clinical nurses,” Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 525-535, 2013. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.4.525
- S. H. Shin, "A study on effects of emotional labor on job burnout and engagement in psychiatric nurses," Chonnam National University, Ph D. thesis, 2012.
- D. S. Lee, Y. D. Choi, “A study on antecedents and consequences of positive psychological capital in organizations,” The Korean Academic Society of Business Administration, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 1-28, 2010.
- M. S. Kim, H. W. Kim, K. H. Cha, “Analysis on the construct of psychological well-being(PWB) of Korean male and female adults,” Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 19-39, 2001.
- O. I. Kwon, S. H. Park, “Relationship among physical self-concept, recognized freedom and psychological well-being for leisure sports participants,” Journal of Leisure and Recreation studies, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 93-106, 2008.
- W. B. Schaufeli, A. B. Bakker, "UWES-Utrecht work engagement scale; test manual," Unpublished Manuscript; Department of Psychology, Utrecht University, 2003.
- R. Yi, W. S. Gim, K. H. Shin, “The role of emotional Labor strategies in the job demand-resource model with burnout and engagement : call cetre employees case,” Journal of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 573-596, 2006.
- K. S. Han, "A study on the positive psychological capital, organizational commit ment and job stress of small and medium-sized hospital nurses. nambu University, Ph D. thesis, 2015.
- M. E. P. Seligman, "Learned optimism; How to change your mind and your life," Vintage Publishing, 2011.
- S. D. Cho, S. E. Heo, D. H. Moon, “A Convergence study on the hospital nurse's perception of patient safety culture and safety nursing activity,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 125-136, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.125
- S. M. Kang, S. H. Bae, “The mediating effect of emotional intelligence on the relationship between emotional labor and psychological well-being of clinical nurses,” Journal of Muscle joint Health, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 185-194, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2015.22.3.185
- N. Langton, S. P. Robbins, T. A. Judge, "Fundamentals of organizational behaviour," Pearson Education Canada, 2013.
- K. M. Yang, “The Effect of Self-Esteem and Depression on Smart phone Addiction among University Students,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 113-123, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.113
- S. C. Choi, J. S. Lee, S. Y. Sim, J. H. Lee, J. H. Park, "The Effect of Job Stress and Depression on Job Satisfaction among Workers in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 7, No. 1, PP. 1-9, 2017.