- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Study on DBPL Encoder Design for Railway Balise Application
철도 발리스 응용을 위한 DBPL 인코더 설계 연구
- Lee, Jeong-jun (MORU Ind. Sys.) ;
- Yang, Doh-chul (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Seong-jin (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Bong-seob (MORU Ind. Sys.) ;
- Kim, Yu-hyeon (MORU Ind. Sys.)
- Received : 2016.11.11
- Accepted : 2017.02.14
- Published : 2017.04.30
The balise is a device for the railroad signal control systems, which is installed between both rail. The balise sends fixed or variable data, named telegram, to the train with wireless method. The telegram includes the position information, the movable distance under the signal status, the gradient, the speed, the temporary speed limit, etc. This research is on a design of the DBPL encoder for the balise. Normally the DBPL encoder for the balise is with the ASIC or FPGA technology. In this research, the DBPL encoder is designed with commercial low power operable micro-controller. The firmware(logic level encode) and the SPI Bus function block(physical level output) of the micro-controller are used for the DBPL encode. Under the european standard, the required working speed of the DBPL encoder is 564.48Kbps. The DBPL encoder of this research is tested under the speed of 564.48Kbps, and it worked properly.
Grant : 중소기업 철도부품 기술개발 지원사업 (2015~2016년)
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- Ko Y. O.(2012), "Interoperable System Construction with Urban Signalling System (ATS) for Train Control system," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, pp.204-210.
- Baek J. H. and Kim Y. J.(2004), "The Study of Train Detection Using Balise," CICS.
- Baek J. H. and Kim Y. J.(2003), "The Study of Function And Requirement Specification for Next Generation Train Train Detection," ICMIT.
- Shin J. H and H. Y.(2007), "Development of High Speed RFID Reader System," Journal of Control, Automation and Systems Engineering, vol. 13, no. 9, pp.915-919. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2007.13.9.915
- Lian -F., Sun N. F., Zhang P., Xie L., Liming B., Chen Y., He C., Li J. and Li Z.(2012a), "Trackside electronic device for high-speed rail transponder information transparent transmission," CN102857366A.
- Lian -F., Sun N. F., Zhang P., Xie L., Liming B., Chen Y., He C., Li J. and Li Z.(2012b), "Trackside electronic device for transparent transmission of information of high-speed railway responder," CN102857366B.