- Volume 41 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Prediction of the Mechanical Properties of Printed Circuit Boards Using Modal Parameters
모달 파라미터 정보를 활용한 PCB 물성 예측에 관한 연구
- Choo, Jeong Hwan (Advanced Center, Mando Corp.) ;
- Jung, Hyun Bum (Reliability & Validation Center, Mando Corp.) ;
- Hong, Sang Ryel (Altair Korea) ;
- Kim, Yong Kap (Advanced Center, Mando Corp.) ;
- Kim, Jae San (Advanced Center, Mando Corp.)
- Received : 2016.08.08
- Accepted : 2017.01.17
- Published : 2017.05.01
In this study, we propose a method for predicting the mechanical properties of the printed circuit board (PCB) that has transversely isotropic characteristics. Unlike the isotropic material, there is no specific test standard for acquisition of the transversely isotropic properties. In addition, common material test methods are not readily applicable to that type of laminated thin plate. Utilizing the natural frequency obtained by a modal test and the sizing optimization technique provided in
Transversely Isotropic Property;Copper Clad Laminate;Rules of Mixture;Size Optimization;Multilayer Printed Circuit Board
- Subramanya, K. P., Pandit, J. K., Prasad, C. S. and Thyagaraj, M. R., 2014, "Vibration Analysis Study of Spacecraft Electronic Package: A Review," International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 503-507.
- Sottos, N. R., Ockers, J. M. and Swindeman, M., 1999, "Thermoelastic Properties of Plain Weave Comosites for Multilayer Circuit Board Applications," Journal of Electronic Packaging, Transactions of the ASME, Vol. 121, No. 1, pp. 37-44. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2792659
- Wang, K. Y., 2012, "Development and Application of Composite Material Lamination Theory for Printed Circuit Boards," Master thesis, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, 2012.
- Shrotriya, P. and Sottos, N. R., 1998, "Creep and Relaxation Behavior of Woven Glass/Epoxy Substrates for Multilayer Circuit Board Applications," Polymer Composites, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 567-578. https://doi.org/10.1002/pc.10130
- Amy, R. A, Aglietti, G. S. and Richardson, G., 1999, "Accuracy of Simplified Printed Circuit Board Finite Element Models," Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 50, No. 1, pp. 86-97.
- Rzepka, S., Kramer, F., Grassme O. and Lienig, J., 2008, "A Multilayer PCB Material Modeling Approach Based on Laminate Theory," Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Thermal, Mechanical and Multiphysics and Experiments in Micro-Electronics and Micro-Systems, pp. 234-243.
- Lee, D. Y., Bae, Y. C., Kim, H. S. and Lee, Y. R., 2011, "Mechanical Property Measurement of a Transversely Isotropic Material for Gas Turbine Blades by the Experimental Modal Analysis," Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, pp. 155-156.
- Jun, O. C., Byun, K. H. and Joo, Y. S., 2009, "A Study on Updating of Analytic Model of Dynamics for Aircraft Structures Using Optimization Technique," Journal of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 131-138. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2009.37.2.131
- Huang, Z., Zang, C. and Friswell, M. I., 2014, "Parameter Identification of a Printed Circuit Board Structure Using Model Updating and Scanning Laser Vibrometer Measurements," Proceedings of ISMA 2014 including USD2014, pp. 2679-2690.
- Coombs, C. F., 2008, Printed Circuits Handbook, McGraw Hill, pp. 154.
- Lai, W. M., Rubin, D. and Krempl, E., 1993, Introduction to Continuum Mechanics, Pergamon Press, pp. 308-312.
- Mark, S. and Torben, R. L., 1987, Piezoelectric Accelerometer and Vibration Preamplifier Handbook, Bruel and Kjaer, pp. 86-88.
- Pecht, M., Hillman, C., Rogers, K. and Jennings, D., 1999, "Conductive Filament Formation: A Potential Reliability Issue in Laminated Printed Circuit Cards with Hollow Fibers," IEEE Transactions on Electronics Packaging Manufacturing, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 80-84. https://doi.org/10.1109/6104.755092
- Abdalla, F. H., Megat, M. H., Susan, M. S. and Sahari, B. B., 2008, "Determination of Volume Fraction Values of Filament Wound Glass and Carbon Fiber Reinforced Composites," ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 7-11.
- McCaslin, L., 2008, "Methodology for Predicting Microelectronic Substrate Warpage Incorporating Copper Trace Pattern Characteristics," Master's Thesis, Georgia Institute of Technology, pp. 27.
- Bhavsar, N. R., Shinde, H. P. and Bhat, M., 2014, "Determination of Mechanical Properties of PCB," International Journal on Mechanical Engineering and Robotics, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 23-27.
- Zhang, B., Liu, P. K., Ding, H. and Cao, W., 2010, "Modeling of Board-level Package by Finite Element Analysis and Laser Interferometer Measurements," Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 50, No. 7, pp. 1021-1027. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microrel.2010.03.009