- Volume 41 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Improvement of STS316L Milling Characteristics According to Coolant Spray Position
절삭유 분사위치에 따른 STS316L의 밀링가공 특성 개선
- Kim, Su Hwan (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Eng., Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Park, Min Soo (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Eng., Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2016.09.09
- Accepted : 2016.11.18
- Published : 2017.05.01
In the case of high-strength or low thermal conductivity material milling, tool breakage occurs easily because of the high friction temperature. Therefore, the effectiveness of the coolant supply is very important for proper tool cooling. As the manually adjustable joint mechanism nozzle is generally used for coolant supply, the cooling efficiency is very low. It also has a bad influence on the workspace environment because of coolant scattering. In this study, the milling characteristics of STS316L were investigated according to the coolant spray position based on the automatic adjustable system. Tool wear and surface roughness were measured according to the coolant spray position. Through these experiments, the effectiveness of the fabricated system was explained.
Milling Machining;Coolant;Spray Position;Multi-Spray
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- Lee, D. W., NG, E. G., Aspinwall, D. K. and Dewes, R. C., 2000, "Measurement Technique of Cutting Temperatures Using Implanted Thermocouples in Ball End-Milling," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 24, No. 7, pp. 1748-1752.
- Lee, Y. M., Song, T. S. and Shim, B. K., 2001, "The Shear and Friction Characteristics Analysis of End- Milling," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 25, No. 10, pp. 1520-1527.
- Youn, S. H., 1991, "Method and Apparatus for Supplying Cutting Fluid to Machining Center," Korea Patent, No. 10-0044365.
- Shin, Y. S., 2011, "Select a Location Provide a Free Oil Mist Nozzle," Korea Patent, No. 10-20110104600.
- Lee, N. H., 1998, "Cutting Oil Injection Device of Machining Center," Korea Patent, No. 10-0184498.
- de Lacalle, L. N. L., Angulo, C., Lamiliz, A. and Sanchez, J. A., 2006, "Experimental and Numerical Investigation of the Effect of Spray Cutting Fluids in High Speed Milling," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 172, No. 1, pp. 11-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2005.08.014
- Kang, J. H., Song, J. Y., Lee, S. W., Park, H. Y. and Park, J. K., 2002, "Reliability Evaluation Technology of Metal Working Fluids Supply Method," KSMTE 2002 Annual Spring Conference, pp. 206-208.
- Pfeifer, T., Eversheim, W., Koenig, W. and Weck, W., 1994, Manufacturing Excellence: The Competitive Edge, Chapman & Hall, pp. 517-521.
- Hong, H., Riga, A. T., Cahoon, J. M. and Scott, C. G., 1993, "Machinability of Steels and Titanium- Alloys Under Lubrication," Wear, Vol. 162, pp. 34-39.
- Su, Y., He, N., Li, L. and Li, X. L., 2006, "An Experimental Investigation of Effects of Cooling/ lubrication Conditions on Tool Wear in High-Speed End Milling of Ti-6Al-4V," Wear, Vol. 261, No. 7-8, pp. 760-766. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2006.01.013