- Volume 27 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on the Geological Characteristics and Slope Stability of Nammyeon reservoir in Bonghwa County, Kyungpook Province
경북 봉화군 남면저수지 일대의 지질특성 및 비탈면 안정성 검토
- Ihm, Myeong Hyeok (Department of Construction Safety Disaster Prevention Engineering, Daejeon University) ;
- Park, Jin Young
- Received : 2017.04.10
- Accepted : 2017.04.13
- Published : 2017.04.30
The geology of the study area is composed mainly of conglomerate, sandstone, and shale and basalt. It is a rock that has been observed to move relatively recently through various brittle deformation and various stress fields during the recent period. To form a gentle terrain with severe crushing. The slope is located at the intersection of the Taegok Fault in the north-northeast direction and the Bukok Fault in the western north-west direction, and many faults, fault zones and fracture zones of various sizes are developed in the rock bed. In this study, the geological characteristics of the slope are investigated and the countermeasure method is suggested. It is suggested that periodical measurement and analysis should be performed by installing a measuring instrument according to each structure for safety management of the surrounding roads and grounds during construction or reinforcement by the countermeasure method for the slope of the study area.
Fault;Fracture zone;Slope countermeasure method
Grant : 지반함몰 발생 및 피해 저감을 위한 지반 안정성 평가 및 굴착.보강 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, 1998, Structural Design Basics, pp 8-11.
- Kyungchang Engineering Corporation, 2012, Multipurpose Rural Water Development Project Geological Survey in Nammyun.
- Kyungchang Engineering Corporation, 2012, Construction of an Agricultural and Industrial Complex Project Cut Slope Stability Review Report in Bonghwa.
- Noh, K.M., 2006, Study on slaking and residual strength of mudstone, pp 47-96.
- Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 1996, Design/Construction and Maintenance of Standard Specification of highway bridge, pp2.21-2.22.
- Song, M.Y., 1993, Engineering Geology of Discontinuous Rock Mass, Changwoo Publication, p387.
- Lee, I.M., 2001, Principle of Rock Mechanics, Saeron Publication, p372.
- Ihm, M.H., 2001, Korean Geology : Department of Geology Lectrue Summary in Kyungpook National University and Andong University.
- Ihm, M.H., 2015, Understanding of Geotechnical Engineering, MB Publication, p202.
- Cheon, S.K., 1998, Slope Stabilization Design Practice Manual for Practitioners, Science Technology Publication.
- Groundwater Business Department in Korea Rural Community Corporation, 2001, Report of Geological Survey in NamMyeon.
- Youngju-Bonghwa Branch in Korea Rural Community Corporation, 2015, Report of Changing Design Slope and Road in NamMyeon Related to Multipurpose Rural Water Development Project.
- Korean Geological Map : Yean, 1963, 1:50,000, National Geological Survey.
- Davis, G.H., 1985, Structural Geology of Rocks and Regions, John Wiley & Sons, pp325-353.
- D.C.Wyllie, 1999, Foundations on Rock 2nd Ed., E&FN SPON, p.401.