- Volume 50 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on Shear Strength Using a Portable Dynamic Cone Penetration Test and Relationship between N-Nc
소형동적콘관입시험을 이용한 전단강도 산정 및 N-Nc 상관관계 연구
- Received : 2016.10.04
- Accepted : 2017.02.21
- Published : 2017.04.28
Because of Recent intensive rainfall, nationally landslides and slope failure phenomenon has been frequently occur. Providing proposed-measures to the natural disasters that occur in these localities and the slope, must be derived ground of strength parameters(shear strength) as a design input data. However, it is such as extra deforestation and a lot of economic costs in order to make the access to the current area and the slopes ground survey is required. Thus, by small dynamic cone penetration test machine using the human to carry in the field, it is possible to easily measure the characteristics and strength constant of the ground of more than one region. In this study through researching analysis of the domestic and foreign small dynamic cone penetration test method, it has proposed a cone material and test methods suitable for the country. Cone penetration test Nc in the field has comparated with analysis of the value and the standard penetration test N value. And, in addition to this, direct shear test and borehole shear test were performed by depth, bedrock, and soil type and passing #200 and the correlation of the Nc value. In particular, in the present study, for the sandy soil that has distict distribute in mountain, it is proposed relation of shear strength corresponding to the Nc value (cohesion and internal friction angle) in order to calculate such effective ground shear strength.
- A.Keith.T. and Robert, L.S. (1996) Landslides investigation and mitigation Special Report 247, Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, p.255-257
- ASTM D1586-99 Standard Test Method for Penetration Test and Split-Barrel Sampling of Soils.
- ASTM D7380 (2008) Standard Test Method for Soil Compaction Determination at Shallow Depths Using 5-lb(2.3 kg) Dynamic Cone Penetrometer.
- ASTM D6951/D6951M Standard Test Method for Use of the Dynamic Cone Penetrometer in Shallow Pavement Applications1.
- DIN 4094-1 (2002) Subsoil - Field investigations - Part 1: Cone penetration tests.
- JGS 1433-1955, Method for Portable Dynamic Cone Penetration Test.
- KIGAM (1995) Geological Map of DAEJEON(1:250,000), KIGAM.
- KIGAM (1999) Geological Map of SEOUL-NAMCHONJEOM( 1:250,000), KIGAM.
- Kim, B.I. and Jeon, S.I. (2006) A Comparative Study on Field Test for Field Application of Dynamic Cone Penetration Test, Journal of the Korean Society of Roads Engineers, v.8, no.4, December 2006, p.75-85.
- Kim, S.M. and Lee, S.M. (2013) Application of Portable Dynamic Conduit Test for the Survey of Mountainous Disasters, Proceedings of the Korean Geotechnical Society, June 2013, p.135-140
- Kim, J.H. (2000) Estimation of Weathering and Shear Constants of Cut-Sided Cutting Plane Using Small Dynamic Cone Penetration Test, Chonnam National University Master's Thesis.
- Kim, Y.P. and Jeong, K.H. (1995) Geotechnical Test Methods and Applications, Publishing Sejin, p.411-413.
- Korean Geotechnical Society (2003) Interpretation and Utilization of Geotechnical Investigation Results, Geotechnical Engineering Series, p.464-466.
- Lee, M.C. (2008) Estimation of Strength Parameter of Weathered Soil Using Artificial Neural Network, Journal of Structural Science, v.12, no.3, May 2008, p.147-154.
- Office of Minesota Road Research (1999) USER GUIDE TO THE DYNAMIC CONE PENETROMETER.
- Roy E. Hunt (2006) A Field Guide for Geotechnical Engineers, CRC Press, p.167-171, p.199-206.