- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on Obstacle Deflector of a Railway Vehicle Using Tension-type Energy Absorbers
인장형 에너지흡수부재를 이용한 철도차량용 장애물제거기 연구
- Kim, Hongeik (Dept. of Robotics and Virtual Engineering, Korea University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Jinsung (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kwon, Taesoo (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Jung, Hyunseung (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2017.02.01
- Accepted : 2017.03.23
- Published : 2017.04.30
The obstacle deflector sweeps obstacles off the track or absorbs crash energy with an energy absorber to prevent derailment of a train and to minimize damage and casualties after an accident. In this study, an obstacle deflector and its operational mechanism were designed with a tension-type energy absorber and a 4-bar linkage system. Also, a test method was suggested and verified with FEA (Finite Element Analysis) and UTM (Universal Test Machine) for testing of the static load and energy absorbing ability according to EN 15227 regulations. Through this study, an obstacle deflector that meets the EN 15227 standard was designed and a test method was suggested to adjust the collapse load easily and to verify it experimentally according to the design and verification procedure of the obstacle deflector.
- British Standard (2010) Railway applications - Crashworthiness requirements for railway vehicle bodies, British Standard, EN 15227.
- Ministry of land, infrastructure and transport (2014) Technical Specifications for railway vehicles, Ministry of land, infrastructure and transport, KRTS-VE-Part31 to 51-2014(R1).
- K.C. Park, H.K. Ha, J.W. Lee, G.S. Park et al. (2009) Development of Obstacle Deflector for Europe Standart, 2009 Autumn Conference of the Society for Railway, Jeju, pp. 2592-2598.
- H.K. Ha, J.H. Jeong, J.W. Lee, G.S. Park (2013) Strength evaluation of obstacle deflection according to EN15227 and Railraod Safety Act standard, 2013 Autumn Conference & Annual Meeting of the Korean Society for Railway, Daegu, pp. 525-531.
- S.M. Shin (2012) A Study on Obstacle Deflector using Tensional Deformation Mechanism, M.S Thesis, University of Science & Technology.
- D.C. Tao (1967) Fundamentals of applied kinematics, Addison-Wesley Publishing, MA, pp. 225-253.
- http://www.iaa.ncku.edu.tw/-smyang/kinematics/part3.pdf (Accessed 15 January 2017)
- Korean standard association (2007) The Pieces for Tension Test for Metallic Materials, KS B 0801.