- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Experimental Studies on Bond and Splice Performance of Splice Sleeve for Connecting Rebar
철근연결용 스플라이스 슬리브의 이음 및 부착성능에 대한 실험적 연구
- Kang, Duk Man (Graduate School of Railway, Seoul National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Park, Yong Gul (Graduate School of Railway, Seoul National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Lee, Hyeon Gi (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Gyeongnam National University of Science & Technology) ;
- Moon, Do Young (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Kyungsung University)
- Received : 2017.04.06
- Accepted : 2017.04.19
- Published : 2017.04.30
The PC (Precast Concrete) construction method is a technique where concrete members that have been produced in a plant are constructed on site. Thus, continuity and secure integration of a structure that can be obtained by connecting rebars at splicing joint for PC members are the main areas of concern for this method. To evaluate the splicing and bonding performance according to application of a splice sleeve for connecting rebar in this research study, the diameter of rebar, development length, grouting strength etc. were set as variables. The performance and stiffness of splicing according to the development length of grout strength were measured and evaluated. In addition, by conducting comparative analysis on each of the variables, the factors that affected the splice sleeve for connecting rebar were discussed. The results confirmed that the strength and stiffness of the splice sleeve for connecting rebar were significantly affected by the development length while the increase in performance according to grout strength was not as significant.
- S.S. Lee, K.W. Bae (2003) An experimental study on structural performance of splice of reinforcement with H.S.S.(Hybrid Splice Sleeve), Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction, 19(1), pp. 37-44.
- J.H. Oh, J.H. Moon (2013) Analytical and experimental studies on splice sleeve for SD500 rebars, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 25(2), pp. 165-173. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.2.165
- J.H. Oh, J.H. Kim, Y.S. Park (2013) Development of steel pipe sleeve for high-strength reinforcing bar, Proceedings of the Korea Concrete Institute, Yeosu, Korea, pp. 641-642.
- A. Alias, F. Sapawi, A. Kusbiantoro, M. A. Zubir, A. B. Rahman (2014) Performance of grouted splice sleeve connector under tensile load, Journal of Mechnical Engineering and Sciences, 7, pp. 1094-1102. https://doi.org/10.15282/jmes.7.2014.8.0106
- J.H. Ling, A.B.A. Rahman, I.S. Ibrahim, Z.A. Hamid (2012) Behaviour of grouted pipe splice under incremental tensile load, Construction and Building Materials, 33, pp. 90-98. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2012.02.001
- H.K. Kim (2008) Structural performance of mortar-filled sleeve splice for SD500 high-strength reinforcing bar under cyclic loading, Journal of The Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 12(6), pp. 180-192.
- Architectural Institute of Japan (2010) AIJ Standard for Structural calculation of reinforced concrete structures, AIJ Standard.
- H.K. Kim (2012) Evaluation on stiffness of mechnical sleeve bar splice filling high-strength mortar under monotonic loading, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 16(4), pp. 79-88. https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2012.16.4.079
- Y. Zheng, Z. Guo, J. Liu, X. Chen, Q. Xiao (2016) Performance and confining mechanism of grouted deformed pipe splice under tensile load, Advances in Structural Engineering, 19(1), pp. 86-103. https://doi.org/10.1177/1369433215618296
- G. Fan, W. Wei, Z. Weijian, X. Aike (2015) Study on the mechanical properties of grouting-sleeve reinforcement-connection under the action of cyclic tension load, International Forum on Energy, Environment Science and Materials, Shenzhen, China, pp. 104-108.
- S. Y. Seo, B. R. Nam, S. K. Kim (2016), Tensile Strength of the Grout-filled Head-splice-sleeve, Construction and Building Materials, 124, pp. 155-166. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2016.07.028