- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Interregional Mode Choice Models and Value of Travel Time Accommodating Taste Variation of Individuals
개인의 선호다양성을 고려한 지역간 수단선택 모형 구축 및 시간가치 추정 연구
- Cho, Shin-hyung (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Seo, Young-hyun (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Kho, Seung-young (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Rhee, Sung-mo (Institute of Construction and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2017.01.10
- Accepted : 2017.03.09
- Published : 2017.04.30
The system of high-speed and conventional railway vehicles is diversified, and significant technological development in performance has been achieved. This study analyzed the modal change characteristics; furthermore, it estimated the value of travel time by improving the travel time and cost for the passenger's perception of railway. In this study, we formulate a mode choice model for passengers and compare it with the mixed logit model which reflects individual taste variation. In addition, the validity of the analysis is presented through an estimation the value of travel time using the derived model. For this purpose, a stated preference survey was conducted with 510 people using public transportation. The benefits of time-saving can be accurately determined by estimating the value of time spent on the railway. Appropriate fares for public transportation can also be estimated.
Grant : 일반 및 고속철도용 무선통신 및 제어시스템 실용화 연구
Supported by : 국토교통부, 서울대학교
- G.S. Jeon, G.J. Lee, W.H. Jung, K.C. Choi (2012) A Methodology for Defining the Study Impact Area Using Mode Diversion Trip Rate in Rail Infrastructure Feasibility Study, Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, 30(6), pp. 81-92. https://doi.org/10.7470/jkst.2012.30.6.081
- S.J. Lim, K.W. Lim, Y.I. Lee, K.H. Kim (2008) A study on Air and High Speed Rail modal According to the Introduction of Low Cost Carrier Air Service, Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, 26(4), pp.51-61.
- C. R. Bhat (1995) A heteroscedastic extreme value model of intercity travel mode choice, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 29(6), pp. 471-483. https://doi.org/10.1016/0191-2615(95)00015-6
- C. Lee, D.K. Kim, S.Y. Kho, J.H. Lee, et al. (2014) Estimation of the Value of Travel Time on Korean Expressways and its Impact Assessments, Korea Expressway Corporation Research Institute.
- K.S. Kim, J.W. Woo, S.H. Lee, J.Y. Kim, et al. (2008) The complementary studies of project guidelines for pre-feasibility study of the standard instructions of the road and rail sector projects (fifth edition), Korea Development Institute.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2013) Transportation Investment Evaluation Guidelines.
- T.H. Kim, Y.T. Lim, H.K. Lee, Y.S. Kho, et al. (2003) The Value of Travel Time for Toll Roads - Focused on the Seoul Metropolitan Area -, Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements.
- J.H. Lee, K.S. Chon, C.H. Park (2004) Accommodating heterogeneity and heteroscedasticity in intercity travel mode choice model-formulation and application to honam, south korea, high-speed rail demand analysis, transportation research record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 1898 (2004), 69-78. https://doi.org/10.3141/1898-09
- J.H. Lee, S.H. Cho, D.K. Kim, C. Lee (2016) Valuation of travel time reliability accommodating heterogeneity of route choice behaviors transportation research record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2565 (2016), 86-93. https://doi.org/10.3141/2565-10
- E.K. Cho, S.S Kim (2007) The efficiency and equity analysis of cordon pricing in the capital region, Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, 25(1), 2007, pp. 7-21.
- H.K. Lee, Y.S. Kho, Y.T. Lim, T.H. Kim, et al. (2003) Estimation of the Value of Travel Time Through Market Segmentation In Korea- Focused on the Seoul Metropolitan Area -, Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements Human Settlements Study, 39, pp. 147-161.
- J.S. Chang, J.H. Lee, J.H. Kang, S.S. Kim, et al. (2008) A Study on Improvement of Method for Benefit Calculation on Railway Feasibility Study, Korea Transport Institute.
- J.Y. Lee, K.J. Choi (2011) Estimation and Application of the Value of Travel Time by Time Period: A Case Study of Downtown Highway Expansion Project Journal of the Korean society of civil engineers, 31(1D), pp. 7-15.
- K.S. Kim, H.J. Cho (2006) SP Survey Design and Analysis Methodology, Boseonggak, Seoul.
- M. Ben-Akiva, S.R. Lerman (1985) Discrete choice analysis: theory and application to travel demand. MIT press, Massachusetts, pp. 48-58.
- D.N. Kim, A.R. Choi, J.M. Hwang, D.K. Kim (2012) A mode choice model with market segmentation of beneficiary group of new transit facility, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 33(2), pp. 667-677. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.2.667
- Korea Rail NetBusiness Authority (2016) A study on improvement of benefit estimation of (preliminary) feasibility study for railway projects.
- J.M. Rose, M.C.J. Bliemer, D.A. Hensher, A.T. Collins (2008) Designing efficient stated choice experiments in the presence of reference alternatives, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 42(4), pp. 395-406. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trb.2007.09.002