- Volume 39 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Reduction of Suspended Solids in First Flush from a Building Rooftop using Various Media
여과재를 활용한 건물옥상유출 초기빗물의 부유물질 저감
- Kim, Seongbeom (Department of Environmental Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Wontae (Department of Environmental Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2017.01.24
- Accepted : 2017.03.16
- Published : 2017.04.30
We analyzed the water quality of first flush and rainfall runoff from a building rooftop, and investigated the removal of suspended solids (SS) in first flush using various media to develop a first flush filtration system. Particle size distribution exhibited most of particles in first flush from the rooftop ranged from 10 to 30
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- "Water The Environmental Outlook to 2050," OECD Global Forum on Environment : Making Water Reform Happen, (2011).
- Suh, J. S., Kim, Y. H., Han, K. H. and Kim, D. W., "Legal Improvements for SWG Application Relevant to the Water Loop System with Multi-Water Resources," KCID J., 21(1), 127-140(2014).
- Korea Ministry of Environment, "Law on Reuse Promotion and Support of Water," (2017).
- Korea Ministry of Enviroment, "Sewer statistics," (2015).
- Hathaway, J. M., Tucker, R. S., Spooner, J. M. and Hunt, W. F., "A Traditional Analysis of the First Flush Effect for Nutrients in Stormwater Runoff from Two Small Urban Catchments," Water, Air, & Soil Pollut., 223(9), 5903-5915 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11270-012-1327-x
- Choi, S. Y., Ko, K. B., Lee, J. Y. and Lim, S. H., "Water Quality of the First Flushes in the Surface Runoff at an Intersection," J. Environ. Sci. Int., 15(4), 359-364(2006). https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2006.15.4.359
- Roh, S. D., Lee, D. K. and Chun, Y. K., "A Study on the Early-stage Storm Runoff Treatment for the Reduction of Non-point Pollution Materials on the Road," J. Korean Soc. Water Qual., 20(5), 525-533(2004).
- Korea Ministry of Environment, Manual : Operation, Installation and Management of Non Point Source Pollution(2014).
- Brodie, I. M. and Egodawatta, P., "Relationships Between Rainfall Intensity, Duration and Suspended Particle Washoff from an Urban Road Surface," Hydrol. Res., 42(4), 239-249 (2011). https://doi.org/10.2166/nh.2011.117
- Liesl, L. T. and Schiff, K. C., "Effects of Rainfall Intensity and Duration on First Flush of Stormwater Pollutants," Southern California Coastal Water Research Project Annual Report 2002, 209-215(2001).
- Schiff, K. C., Tiefenthaler, L. L., Bay, S. M. and Greenstein, D. J., "Effects of Rainfall Intensity and Duration on the First Flush from Parking Lots," Academic Editor: Brigitte Helmreich, 8(8), 320-330(2016).
- Kim, S. G., Lee, T. S., Kim, Y. C. and Han, C. B., "Study on Water Quality Characteristics of Collected Rainwater from Different Harvesting Methods," KSWST J. Water Treet., 24 (2), 89-99(2016). https://doi.org/10.17640/KSWST.2016.24.2.89
- Lee, W. T. and Kim, S. B., "10-1682756," 11-29(2016).
- Lee, S. Y., Choi, J. Y., Hong, J. S., Choi, H. S., Kim, L. H., "Cost-Effective Assessment of Filter Media for Treating Stormwater Runoff in LID Facilities," J. Wetlands Res., 18 (2), 194-200(2016). https://doi.org/10.17663/JWR.2016.18.2.194
- Won, C. H., Shin, M. H., Choi, Y. H., Shin, J. Y., Park, W. J. and Choi, J. D., "Simulations of Runoff using Rice Straw Mats and Soil Amendments," J. Korean Soc. Agric. Eng., 54(2), 95-102(2012). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2012.54.2.095
- Kim, S. H., Kim, E. M. and Lim, Y. M., "A Research on the Development of a GIS-Based Real-Time Urban Water Management System," J. Korea Academia-Industrial, 12(11), 5290-5299(2011).
- Kus, B. G., "Cost Effective filtration System to Improve the Water Quality in Rainwater Tanks," University of Technology, Sydney, Australia(2014).
- Han, C. B., Lee, T. S., Seo, G. T. and Kang, M. A., "Characteristic Quality of Rain Water by Various Materials for Collection and Storage," KSWST J. Water Treet., 21(1), 13-21(2013).
- Korea Ministry of Environment, "Environmental Standard or Water Quality,"(2015).
- Han, S. G. and Kim, J. M., "Study on Radioactive Material Management Plan and Environmental Analysis of Water (II) Study of Management System in Water Environment of Japan," J. Korean Soc. Radiol., 38(3) 305-313(2015).
- Lee, K. C., Gegal, B. C., Choi, L. W. and Lee, W. T., "Formation Characteristics and Control of Disinfection Byproducts in a Drinking Water Treatment Plant Using Lake Water," J. Korean. Soc. Environ. Eng., 37(5), 269-276(2015). https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2015.37.5.269
- Park, G. J., Park, M. S., Kim, H. S., Lim, Y. S. and Kim, S. P., "Development of Domestoc Rainwater Treatment System and its Applicaton in the Field," J. Wetlands Res., 18(1), 24-31(2016). https://doi.org/10.17663/JWR.2016.18.1.024
- Lee, J. S., Jung, G. B., Shin, J. D. and Kim, J. H., "Chemical Properties of Rainwater in Suwon and Taean Area during Farming Season," Korea J. Agric. Forest Meteorol., 6(4), 250-255(2004).
- Hyun, K. H., Choi, J. J. and Choung, Y. K., "The Effect of Impermeable Surface and Rainwater Infiltration Facilities on the Runoff pH Housing Complexes," Korea Environ. Impact Assessment Inst., 19(1), 39-47(2010).