- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
An Empirical Study of Diversity and Interoperability of Programming Languages
프로그래밍 언어의 다원성과 상호운영성의 실증적 분석
- Received : 2016.10.07
- Accepted : 2017.01.23
- Published : 2017.05.15
Programmers use multiple languages to reuse legacy code best suited to their problems. However, it is quite challenging to develop error-free multilingual programs because new types of bugs occur since misunderstanding about language interfaces such as Java Native Interface (JNI) and Python/C. There is a considerable amount of research to overcome multilingual program bugs and errors but these researches have less consideration about substantiality of programming languages, language interfaces, and bugs to evaluate their analyses and tools. In this paper, we have identified and establish substantiality of multilingual programming research with empirical study about diversity and interoperability of programming languages in Ubuntu software ecosystem based on real-world statistical data.
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 정보통신기술진흥센터
- Furr M, Foster JS, Checking type safety of foreign function calls, ACM Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI), pp. 62-72, 2005.
- Lee B, Wiedermann B, Hirzel M, Grimm R, McKinley KS. Jinn, synthesizing dynamic bug detectors for foreign language interfaces, ACM Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI), pp. 36-49, 2010.
- Shin Hong, Byeongcheol Lee, Taehoon Kwak, Yiru Jeon, Bongsuk Ko, Yunho Kim, Moonzoo Kim, Mutation-Based Fault Localization for Real-World Multilingual Programs. Automated Software Engineering (ASE), 2015.
- Leo A. Meyerovich, Ariel Rabkin, Empirical Analysis of Programming Language Adoption, OOPSLA, 1-18, 2013.
- Ubuntu Official Hompage, [Online]. Available: www.ubuntu.com (accessed April 15, 2016).
- Python-APT Library, [Online]. Available: http://apt.alioth.debian.org/python-apt-doc/library/index.html (accessed April 15, 2016).
- David A. Wheeler(2004), "SLOCCount User's Guide," [Online]. Available: http://www.dwheeler.com/sloccount/sloccount.html (accessed April 15, 2016).
- Piotr P. Graczyk. Gini Coefficient, A New Way To Express Selectivity of Kinase Inhibitors against a Family of Kinases, Journal of Medical chemistry, 5773-5779, 2007.