- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A case of Seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp treated by Hyeongbangpaedoksangamibang
형방패독산가미방(荊防敗毒散加味方)을 병행한 소아두피지루성 피부염 치험 1례
- Koo, Jin Suk (Dept. of Bioresource Sciences, Andong National Univ.) ;
- Seo, Bu Il (Dept. of Korean Medicine, Daegu Hanny Univ.)
- Received : 2017.04.14
- Accepted : 2017.05.20
- Published : 2017.05.30
Objectives : Seborrheic dermatitis is common abnormal skin condition characterized by flaking and itch. In seborrheic dermatitis, the flakes are greasy and yellowish. Inflammation is also observed. Through this paper we can understand the process of seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp and confirm the scalp changes in the treatment process. The purpose of this study was to report the clinical effects of herbal medicine on Seborrheic dermatitis Methods : We employed oriental medical treatments; herbal-medication (Hyeongbangpaedoksangamibang), infant acupuncture, moxibustion and blood therapy. We treated her three times a week. She took medicine three times a day after a meal. During taking medicine, we let her avoid fatty food, flour based food. Her father took a picture the patient's head parts and we compared the symptom with previous symptom. With the picture, we evaluated the patient's scalp condition. Results : After taking treatment, the scalp condition of the patient was much improved. At first, yellowish to reddish scaly pimples appear along the hairline and itching was severe. There were thick and black crusts on the scalp, red, greasy skin covered with flaky white or yellow scales. After that the crusts were fell off and the itching was disappeared during the treatment period. And then the hair loss was occurred. After a year of treatment, scalp condition and hair were back to normal. Conclusion : Herbal medicine (Hyeongbangpaedoksangamibang) with oriental medical treatments was effective in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp and it helped to improve regenerating the scalp condition.
Hyeongbangpaedoksan;Hyeongbangpaedoksangamibang Seborrheic Dermatitis of the scalp
- Kim DG, Kim YH, Kim JH et al. Oriental Pediatrics. Seoul:Jungdam. 2002:151, 244-54.
- Hwang DK, Kim JH. Seborrheic Dermatitis. Diagnosis and Treatment. 1998;18(8):851-4.
- The Compilation of Medical Education Training. Family Medicine. Seoul:Seoul National University Press. 1989:613.
- Kim SJ, Won YH, Chun IK. Clinical Effect of Tropical Ketoconazole in Seborrheic Dermatitis of Scalp. The Journal of Korean Dermatology. 1992;30(5):625-32.
- Jung WG, Lee CH. Clinical Study and Recall Antigen Test in Seborrheic Dermatitis. The Journal of Korean Dermatology. 1988;26(6):854-60.
- Kook HI. Seborrheic Dermatitis. Department of Dermatology, Ewha Womans University College of Medicine. CUBE, Digital Document Delivery
- Kim DH, Choi YM, Heo GB, Go WJ, Ha YS, Heo IH. The latest diagnosis and treatment. Pharmaceutical News Publisher. 1986:517-8.
- Chen GT, Yang SS. Diagnosis Therapeutics of Practical combination about East-West medicine. Beijing. East-West medicine Technology Publisher. 1994:1494-6.
- Roo BH. Practical Chinese Pediatrics. Shanghui Science and Technology Publisher. 1985:534-7.
- Common Editing Commission. Dermatology. Seoul: Yeomoongak. 2001:174-7.
- Ki G. OeKwaDeaSung. Taebook: Moonkwangdosuyouhangongsa. 1968:97.
- Yang SS, Zhang SS, Fu JH. Zhongyilinchuangdaquan (xiace). Beijing:Beijing Science and Technology Publisher. 1991:896.
- Gee SY. Dermatology of Korean Medicine with Picture. Seoul. Iljoongsa. 1996:24-73, 118.
- Kim KB, Kim JH. A Case Report of Seborrheic Dermatitis in an Infant. J. Korean Oriental Pediatrics. 2006;20(2):11-8.
- Kim KB, Kim TW, Choi SH. Four cases of Seborrheic Dermatitis treated by Fermented Yungyo Keumeunhwa Extract External treatment Liquid. The Journal of Korean Medical Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology & Dermatology. 2013;26(4):101-10. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2013.26.4.101
- Hong CH. Two cases of Seborrheic Dermatitis treated by Hwangryunhaedok-tang Pharmacopuncture Therapy. The Journal of Korean Medical Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology & Dermatology. 2012;25(2):68-75. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2012.25.2.068
- Lim JH, Hwang SI, Jee SY, Lee SK. A Clinical Report Seborrheic Dermatitis. The Journal of Korean Medical Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology & Dermatology 2005;18(3):142-7.
- Lee IH, Lee HT, Kwon OY. Seven cases of Seborrheic Dermatitis treated with Sihochunggan-tang gagambang The Journal of Korean Medical Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology & Dermatology. 2015;28(2):130-42.
- Kim JB A case report of Seborrheic Dermatitis Korean J. Oriental Medical Physiology & Pathology. 2002;16(1):197-200.
- Bae HJ, Jo GW, Choi YJ, Heo ES, Hwang CY. A Clinical Report of Seborrheic Dermatitis. J. Korean Med Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology 2014;27(4):200-8. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2014.27.4.200
- Koo JS, Seo BI. A case of Seborrheic dermatitis treated by Bangpungtongsungsangamibang. Kor. J. Herbol. 2016;31(2):1-5.
- Kye YC, Goo DW, Kwon KS, Kwon OS, Kim KJ, Kim KJ, et al. Dermatology 5 th Edition. Seoul:Yeomoongak. 2008:185-8, 364.
- Kose O, Erbil H, Gur AR. Oral itraconazole for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis. An open, noncomparative tria. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2005;19(2):172-5. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-3083.2005.01090.x
- Ahn SG. Common Skin Diseases. Seoul:Korea Medical Book. 1993:200.
- Tierney. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment. Seoul:Hanwoori. 1998:138-9.
- Hwang-bo M, Lim JH, Hwang SY, Lee SK. A Clinical Report Seborrheic Dermatitis. The Journal of Korean Oriental Medical Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology & Dermatology. 2005;18(3):142-7.
- Kang WH. Atlas skin diseases. Seoul:Hanmee Medicine. 1999:138-9.
- Lee GC, Lee JH, Choi YM, Park HJ. Neuropsychiatric Aspects of the Patients with Seborrheic Dermatitis. J Korean Neuropsychiatric Assoc. 1993;32(4):500-5.
- Arnold HL, Odom RB, James WD. Seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, recalcitrant palmoplantar eruptions and erythroderma. Andrew's Diseases of the Skin. Philadelphia, WB Saunders Company. 1990;8:196.
- Lee US. Clinical Dermatology. Seoul:Yoemoongak. 1992:27-8.
- Jee SY, Kim SC, Shin SG. East and West Medical Considerations of Seborrheic dermatitis. The Journal of Jaehan Oriental Medical Academy. 1999;4(1):620-33.
- Jung JY, Han KH. Common Skin Diseases in Korea. Seoul:MD world medical book Co.,Ltd. 2009:144-50.
- Dobrev H, Zissova I. Effect of ketoconazole 2% shampoo on scalp sebum level in patients with seborrheic dermatitis. Acta Derm Venereol (Stockh). 1997;77:132-4.
- Korean Dermatological Association. Dermatology. Seoul: Yoe Moon Gak. 2001:88-90, 174-7, 138-9.
- David J. Gawkrodger. Dermatology An Illustrated Color Text. Seoul:Koonja Publisher. 2010:36.
- Cohen S. Should we treat infantile seborrheic dermatitis with topical antifungals or topical steroids?. Arch Dis Child. 2004;89(3):288-9. https://doi.org/10.1136/adc.2003.048058
- Pirkhammer D, Seeber A, Honigsmann H, Tanew A. Narrow-band ultraviolet B(TL-01) phototherapy is an effective and safe treatment opinion for patients with severe seborrheic dermatitis. Br J Dermatol. 2000;143:964-8. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2133.2000.03828.x
- Cha JH, Kim YB, Nam HJ, Kim HJ, Park OS, Kim KS. Recent Advanced in the Seborrheic Dermatitis. The Journal of Korean Oriental Medical Ophthalmology & Otorhinolaryngology & Dermatology. 2006;19(3):118-33.
- Common Editing Commission. Text of Traditional Korean Dermatology & Surgery. Busan:Sunwoo. 2007:362-5.
- Ou YH, Yang ZB. Xinbian Zhongyi Pifubingxue. Beijing:RenminJunyi Publisher. 2000:461-4.
- Gu BH. Shiyong Zhongyi Waikexue. Shanghai:Shanghai science and technology Publisher. 1985:534-5.
- Park GH, Lim TH, Park HS. Effects of Hyeongbangpaedok-san(HBPDS) on Allergic Contact Dermatitis(ACD) induced by DNFB in Mice. J Sasang Constitut Med. 2014;26(2):180-93. https://doi.org/10.7730/JSCM.2014.26.2.180
- Kim Y, Lee SI. A study of the Effect of Gami-Hyungbaedong-San on the Analygesis, Anti-Inflammatory and Antipyresis. K.H.Univ.O.Med.J. 1983;6:277-84.
- Lee SY, Ahn TW. Effects of Hyeongbangpaedok-san and Dokhwaljihwang-tang that Get Weight, Hematology, Biochemistry Change by Wister Rat's Aging. J Sasang Constitut Med. 2005;17(3):91-102.
- Han DY, Shim GH, Kim JR, Kim DR. A clinical study of the treatment prescribed Hyoungbangpaedoksan for Aspiration Pneumonia concurred in Soyangin with stroke. J Sasang Constitut Med. 2003;15(2):75-83.
- Park SR, Lee SM, Choi SH, Lee JY, Lee SH, Jung YH, Lee SK. A Case of Soyangin Double Primary Cancer Patient with Adverse Reactions induced by Contrast Media. J Sasang Constitut Med. 2014;26(2):205-12. https://doi.org/10.7730/JSCM.2014.26.2.205
- The textbook compilation committee of Korean herbology. Korean herbology. Seoul:Younglimsa. 2012:181-940.