- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Middle Slab Stresses in Double-Deck Tunnel During Maintenance
복층터널 중간슬래브 유지관리에 따른 응력분포 특성 분석
- Cho, Young Kyo ;
- Lee, Young Hoon ;
- Park, Beom Keun ;
- Kim, Seong-Min (Department of Civil Engineering, Kyung Hee University)
- 조영교 (경희대학교 공과대학 사회기반시스템공학과) ;
- 이영훈 (경희대학교 공과대학 사회기반시스템공학과) ;
- 박범근 (경희대학교 공과대학 사회기반시스템공학과) ;
- 김성민 (경희대학교 공과대학 사회기반시스템공학과)
- Received : 2017.10.02
- Accepted : 2017.10.18
- Published : 2017.12.15
PURPOSES : The purpose of this study is to investigate the stresses of the middle slab in a double-deck tunnel owing to the slab lift to replace the underlying elastic pads during maintenance work. METHODS : The middle slab was divided into three different sections: typical section, expansion joint section, and emergency passageway section. Finite element analysis models of these three sections of middle slab were developed, and the stress distribution and maximum stresses were obtained using the models when the middle slab was lifted to replace the underlying elastic pads. Various slab lifting methods were examined in this study such as one-, two-, and multiple-point lifts, distributed lifts, and one or both slab side edge lifts. RESULTS : When the slab side edge is lifted, the longitudinal stresses of the slab are almost the same as the principal stresses. This implies that the governing stresses are the longitudinal stresses. The maximum stresses with both-edge lifts are generally smaller than those with one-edge lifts at all three sections of middle slab. CONCLUSIONS : If the middle slab in a double-deck tunnel is lifted for maintenance, the slab should be lifted at multiple points along the longitudinal direction to reduce the tensile stresses.
Grant : 대심도 복층터널 설계 및 시공 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- ABAQUS (2007). User's Manual Version 6.7, Hibbit, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc., Pawtucket, R.I.
- Arlet, A. (2012). Tunnel A86 Duplex: A Private Initiative, International Seminar on Long Road Tunnels, World Road Association-PIARC, Chile.
- Kannapiram, R.K.M. (2005). A Study and Evaluation on SMART Project, Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Southern Queensland, Malaysia.
- Kim, S. H. (2010). Large Tunnels for Transportation Purposes and Face Stability of Mechanically Driven Tunnels in Soft Ground, Ph.D. Dissertation, The University of Texas at Austin, USA.
- Park, H. B., Cho, Y. K., Lee, Y. H., Kim, S. M. (2017). Analysis of the Fundamental Behaviors of the Middle Slab in a Double-Deck Tunnel for Design Guide Development, International Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp.63-72. https://doi.org/10.7855/IJHE.2017.19.1.063
- Santhiman, M. S., Weei, L. H. (2006). ITS of SMART, PIARC International Seminar on Intelligent Transport System (ITS) in Road Network Operations, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Behavior of Middle Slab in Double-Deck Road Tunnel under Construction Loading vol.20, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7855/IJHE.2018.20.5.103