- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Usability Evaluation of Applied Low-dose CT When Examining Urinary Calculus Using Computed Tomography
컴퓨터 단층촬영을 이용한 요로결석 검사에서 저선량 CT의 적용에 대한 유용성 평가
- Received : 2017.02.02
- Accepted : 2017.03.06
- Published : 2017.06.28
The aim of this study was to evaluate the usability of applied Low dose Computed Tomography(LDCT) protocol in examining urinary calculus using computed tomography. The subjects of this study were urological patients who visited a medical institution located in Busan from June to December 2016 and the protocol used in this study was Adaptive Statistical Iterative Reconstruction: low-dose CT with 50% Adaptive Statistical Iterative Reconstruction (ASIR). As results of quantitative analysis, the mean pixel value and standard deviation within kidney region of image(ROI)of the axial image were
Computed Tomography Dose Index;Low Does CTl;Dose Report;Urinary Calculus
- G. C. Curhan, "Epidemiology of stone disease," Urologic Clinics of North America, Vol. 34, Issue.3, pp. 287-293, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ucl.2007.04.003
- S. Yilmaz, T. Sindel, G. Arslan, C. Ozkaynak, K. Karaali, A. Kabaalioglu, and E. Luleci, "Renal colic: comparison of spiral CT, US and IVU in the detection of ureteral calculi," European radiology, Vol. 8, Issue.2, pp. 212-217, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1007/s003300050364
- B. S. Kim, S. N. Kung, H. C. Kim, W. C. Hwang, I. S. Lee, I. K. Hwang, H. C. Kim, S. H. Bae, S. K. Lee, and S. H. Lee, "Usefulness of Unenhanced Helical CT in Patients with Suspected Ureteral Colic," Journal of the Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 61-67, 2002. https://doi.org/10.3348/jkrs.2002.47.1.61
- B. S. John, U. Patel, and K. Anson, "What radiation exposure can a patient expect during a single stone episode?," Journal of endourology, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 419-422, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1089/end.2007.0268
- D. J. Brenner and E. J. Hall, "Computed tomography an 14 increasing source of radiation exposure," The New England ournal of medicine, Vol. 357, No. 22, pp. 2277-2284, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra072149
- M. Lopez and B. Hoppe, "History, epidemiology and regional diversities of urolithiasis," Pediatric nephrology, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 49-59, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00467-008-0960-5
- V. P. Sukumar, J. Collingwood, T. Crawley, D. Schofield, J. Henson, K. Lakin, D. Connolly, and J. Giles, "Low dose computed tomography in suspected acute renal colic," Clin Radiol, Vol. 56, No. 11, pp. 873-876, 2001 https://doi.org/10.1053/crad.2001.0842
- P. Rogalla, C. Kluner, and M. Taupitz, "Ultra-low dose CT to search for stones in kidneys andcollecting system [in German]," AktuelleUrol, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 307-309, 2004.
- R. Bartoletti, T. Cai, N. Mondaini, F. Melone, F. Travaglini, M. Carini, and M. Rizzo, "Epidemiology and risk factors in urolithiasis," Urologia Internationalis, Vol. 79, Suppl.1, 2007.
- National Research Council, Health Risks from Exposure to Low Levels of Ionizing Radiation: BEIR VII Phase 2, The National Academies Press, 2006.