- Volume 17 Issue 6
Patient's trust in their physician is crucial for relationship between patients and their doctors, treatment outcomes such as satisfaction and adherence or revisits. The purpose of this study is to investigate the meaning of trusting the doctor in the doctor - patient relationship and to examine it through the multidimensional measurement tools. Using the convenience sampling method, 328 respondents in their 20s or older who had visited the hospital within 6 months were used as the analysis data. As a result of the research, it is difficult to define the meaning of the patient's trust in the doctor, but it can be summarized as having at least four meanings. First, the doctor should listen carefully to the patient's story and show communication behaviors expressing interest and forming an atmosphere of dialogue. Second, the patient's health should be considered first to understand the patient and empathize with the patient. Third, it should be honest in the examination and procedures related to the treatment as well as the technical ability. Finally, we should try to cooperate with patients.
Patient-doctor Relationship;Trust in Physicians;Trust Assessment
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Audiey C. Kao, Diane C. Green, Alan M. Zaslavsky, Jeffrey P. Koplan, and Paul D. Cleary, "The Relationship Between Method of Physician Payment and Patient Trust," J. of the American Medical Association, Vol. 280, No. 19, pp. 1708-1714, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.280.19.1708
- D. H. Thom, M. A. Hall, and L. G. Pawlson, "Measuring Patients' Trust In Physicians When Assessing Quality Of Care," Health Affairs, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 124-132, 2004.
- M. Calnan and E. Sanford, "Public trust in health care: the system or the doctor?," Quality and Safety in Health Care, Vol. 13, pp. 92-97, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1136/qshc.2003.009001
- 김유경, 서문식, "의료서비스 제공자의 비언어적 커뮤니케이션이 고객만족과 고객행동 의도에 미치는 영향," 소비문화연구, 제9권, 제3호, pp. 155-184, 2006.
- C. Bova, P. S. Route, K. Fennie, W. Ettinger, G. W. Manchester, and B. Weinstein, "Measuring patient-provider trust in a primary care population: refinement of the health care relationship trust scale," Res Nurs Health, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 397-408, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/nur.21484
- 이종학, 김찬중, "의사의 환자중심 커뮤니케이션이 환자참여에 미치는 영향: 신뢰의 조절효과를 중심으로," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제13권, 제3호, pp. 278-286, 2013.
- 이정선, 이민정, "의료서비스품질이 환자만족도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구," 한국컴퓨터정보학회논문지, 제21권, 제3호, pp. 47-56, 2016.
- 임정란, 한규석, "좋은 의사에 대한 일반인의 인식 연구: 의사-환자간의 의사소통 중심으로," 한국심리학회 학술대회 자료집, p.411, 2011.
- 김길용, 조병희, "의사 신뢰의 구성요인," 보건과 사회과학, 제29집, pp. 129-152, 2011.
- M. A. Hillen, H. C. de Haes, and E. M. Smets, "Cancer patients' trust in their physician-a review," Psycho Oncology, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 227-241, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.1745
- 김미녀, 정기한, 오재신, "의료서비스에서 환자만족의 선․후행 변수의 구조적 관계," 산업경제연구, 제22권, 제6호, pp. 2955-2984, 2009.
- S. D. Pearson and L. Raeke, "Patients' Trust in Physicians: many theories, few Measures, and little data," J of General Internal Medicine, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 509-513, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1525-1497.2000.11002.x
- Mark A. Hall, Fabian Camacho, Janice S. Lawlor, Venita DePuy, Jeremy Sugarman, and Kevin Weinfurt, "Measuring trust in medical researchers," Medical Care, Vol. 44, No. 11, pp. 1048-1053, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.mlr.0000228023.37087.cb
- 이용기, 이병우, 김민성, "의사와 병원에 대한환자 만족, 신뢰, 그리고 충성도의 구조적 관계," 마케팅논집, 제19권, 제3호, pp. 51-75, 2011.
- 함명일, 민인순, "진료비 확인 민원신청 경험과 의사 및 의료기관에 대한 신뢰도와의 관련성," 보건행정학회지, 제23권, 제3호, pp. 289-300, 2013.
- Mark A. Hall, Elizabeth Dugan, Beiyao Zheng, and Aneil K. Mishra, "Trust in Physicians and Medical Institutions: What Is It, Can It Be Measured, and Does It Matter?," The Milbank Quarterly, Vol. 79, No. 4, pp. 613-639, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-0009.00223
- D. H. Thom and B. Campbell, "Patientphysician Trust: An exploratory Study," J of Family Practice, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 169-176, 1997.
- D. H. Thom, K. M. Ribisl, A. L. Stewart, and D. A. Luke, "Further Validation and Reliability Testing of the Trust in Physician Scale," Medical Care, Vol. 37, No. 5, pp. 510-517, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-199905000-00010
- Mark A. Hall, Beiyao Zheng, Elizabeth Dugan Fabian Camacho, Kristin E. Kidd, Aneil Mishra, and Rajesh Balkrishnan, "Measuring patients' trust in their primary care providers," Medical Care Research and Review, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 293-318, 2002.
- L. A. Anderson and R. F. Dedrick, "Development of the Trust in Physician scale: a measure to assess interpersonal trust in patient-physician relationships," Psychological Reports, Vol. 67, No. 3, pp. 1091-1100, 1990.
- D. G. Safran, M. Kosinski, A. R. Tarlov, W. H. Rogers, D. A. Taira, N. Lieberman, and J. E. Ware, "The primary care assessment survey: tests of data quality and measurement performance," Medical Care, Vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 728-739, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-199805000-00012
- C. M. Van der Feltz-Cornelis, P. Van Oppen, Harm W. J. Van Marwijk, E. De Beurs, and R. Van Dyck, "A patient-doctor relationship questionnaire (PDRQ-9) in primary care: development and psychometric evaluation," General Hospital Psychiatry, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 115-120, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.genhosppsych.2003.08.010
- R. M. Eveleigh, E. Muskens, H. van Ravesteijn, I. van Dijk, E. van Rijswijk, and P. Lucassen, "An overview of 19 instruments assessing the doctor-patient relationship: different models or concepts are used," J Clin Epidemiol, Vol. 65, No. 1, pp. 10-15, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2011.05.011
- David H. Thom, Sabrina T. Wong, David Guzman, Amery Wu, Joanne Penko, Christine Miaskowski, and Margot Kushel, "Physician trust in the patient: development and validation of a new measure," Annals of Family Medicine, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 148-154, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1370/afm.1224
- M. Calnan and R. Rowe, "Researching trust relations in health care: conceptual and methodological challenges-an introduction," J of health organization and Management, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 349-358, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/14777260610701759
- B. Leisen and M. Hyman, "Antecedents and consequences of trust in a service provider the case of primary care physicians," J of Business Research, Vol. 57, No. 9, pp. 990-999, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(02)00343-0
- B. Johanna, G. Jens, K. Joe, H. Sebastian, K. Peter, W. Christoph, and G. Heike, "Trust in the health care professional and health outcome: a meta-analysis," PLOS ONE, 2017(2).