- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Fairness, Satisfaction, Intention to Repurchase, and Negative WOM in the Process of Service Recovery
서비스 회복과정에서 공정성과 만족, 그리고 재구매 의도와 부정적 구전
- 정용길 (충남대학교 경영학부)
- Received : 2017.03.03
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
Because services are delivered through the behaviors of people, it is very difficult to do the quality control and services failures are often happened. If services failures are not recovered by appropriate methods, customers make the negative word-of-mouth communications and have the negative intention to repurchase. The service recovery paradox demonstrates the importance of service recovery after the service failures. The purpose of this study is to investigate the antecedents of customer satisfaction of service recovery(CS), and its consequences of the CS. Independent variables of CS are distributive justice, procedural justice, and interactional justice, and dependent variables of CS are negative word of mouth communication and intention to repurchase. Data are collected using the scenario method. Research model and hypotheses are tested empirically using the statistical packages such as SPSS and AMOS.
Distributive Justice;Procedural Justice;Interactional Justice;Negativeword of Mouth Communication;Intention to Repurchase
- K. Gelbrich and H. Roschk, "A Meta-analysis of Organizational Complaint Handling and Customer Responses," Journal of Service Research, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 24-43, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670510387914
- C. Orsingher, Valentini, and M. de Angelis, "A Meta0analysis of Satisfaction with Complaint Handling in Services," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 169-186, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-009-0155-z
- B. Lariviere, and D. Van den Poel, "Investigating the Post-complaint Period by Means of Survival Analysis," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 667-677, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2005.04.035
- 이상현, 정용길, "온라인 구전특성이 신뢰, 구전 수용 및 구매의도에 미치는 영향," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제16권, 제9호, pp. 545-559, 2016.
- J. C. Sweeney, G. N. Soutar, and T. Mazzarol, "The Differences Between Positive And Negative Word-Of-Mouth - Emotion As A Differentiator?," ANZMAC Conference: Consumer Behaviour, 2005.
- R. P. McDonald and H. W. Marsh, "Choosing a Multivariate Model: Noncentrality and Goodness of Fit," Psychological Bulletin, Vol. 107, No. 2, pp. 247255, 1990.
- J. C. Anderson, and D. W. Gerbing, Structural Equation Modeling in Practice: A Recommended Two-step Approach, Psychological Bulletin, Vol. 103, No. 3, pp. 411-423, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.103.3.411
- C. Fornell and D. F. Larker, "Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- M. W. Brown and R. Cudeck, "Alternative Ways of Assessing Model Fit," in Testing Structural Equation Models, K. A. Bollen & J. S. Long eds, pp. 136-162, newbury Park, CA: Sage, 1993.
- A. F. Hayes, Introduction to Mediation, Moderation, and Conditional Process Analysis: A Regression-based Approach, New York, NY: Guliford Press, 2013.
- A. S. Mattila and P. G. Patterson, "Service Recovery and Fairness Perceptions in Collectivist and Individualist Contexts," Journal of Service Research, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 336-346, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670503262947
- CGMC, Will we ever learn? The sad state of customer care in America, Highlights from the 2103 Customer Rage Study, Alexandria, VA: Customer Care Measurement & Consulting, 2013.
- Yves Van Vaerenbergh and C. Orsingher, "Service Recovery: An Integrative Framework and Research Agenda," Academy of Management Perspective, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 328-346, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5465/amp.2014.0143
- J. S. Smith, K. R. Karwan, and R. E. Markland, "An Empirical Examination of the Structural Dimensions of the Service Recovery System," Decision Sciences, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 165-186, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5915.2008.00220.x
- D. E. Bowen and R. Johnston, "Internal Service Recovery: Developing a New Construct," International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 118-131, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564239910264307
- A. K. Smith and R. N. Bolton, "An Experimental Investigation of Customer Reactions to Service Failure and Recovery Encounters: Paradox or Peril?," Journal of Service Research, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 65-81, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/109467059800100106
- 박의정, 정지아, 유한주, "서비스회복 수행이 서비스 회복 만족, 브랜드 이미지 및 충성도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구," 서비스경영학회지, 제16권, 제1호, pp. 245-265, 2015.
- C. Boshoff, "A Re-assessment and Refinement of RECOVSAT: An Instrument to Measure Satisfaction with Transaction Specific Service Recovery," Managing Service Quality, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 410-425, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/09604520510617275
- S. Michel, D. E. Bowen, and R. Johnston, "Why Service Recovery Fails: Tensions among the Customer, Employee and Process Perspectives," Journal of Service Management, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 253-273, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564230910964381
- 최상수, 이관표, "호텔 서비스 실패에 대한 회복공정성이 구전효과에 미치는 영향 연구," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제6권, 제11호, pp. 74-84, 2006.
- J. Ellyawati, M. P. Bernardius, and S. D. Basu, "The Effect of Perceived Justice on Customer Satisfaction in the Service Recovery Context: Testing Mediating Variables," Journal of Service Science, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 87-99, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4236/jssm.2012.51011