- Volume 17 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Influence on Congruency between Image Location, Regulatory Focus and Message in Digilog Product Evaluation
이미지배치, 조절초점, 메시지 일치성이 디지로그 제품 평가에 미치는 영향
- 곽준식 (동서대학교 경영학부 경영학전공)
- Received : 2017.02.27
- Accepted : 2017.04.05
- Published : 2017.06.28
Currently, there are many digilog products that combine convenience of digital product with feeling of analog product. The experiment was conducted to study the effect of image location, regulatory focus, and message direction in digilog product evaluation. First, ad evaluation of digilog product is more favorable when regulatory focus and message direction is consistent. Especially, this effect is shown when image is located in the right side. Second, people evaluate digital product warmer when regulatory focus and message direction is consistent. This effect is stronger when image is located in the left side. Last, purchase intention is more favorable when regulatory focus and message direction is consistent. This effect is shown when image is located in the right side.
Digilog Product;Image Location;Regulatory Focus;Message Direction;Product Evaluation
- X. Deng and E. K. Barbara, "Is Your Product on the Right Side? The 'Location Effect' on Perceived product Heaviness and Package Evaluation," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 46, No. 4, pp. 725-738, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.46.6.725
- A. Chatterjee, M. H. Southwood, and D. Basilico, "Verbs, Events and Spatial Representations," Neuropsychologia, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 395-402, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0028-3932(98)00108-0
- C. Janiszewski, "The Influence of Print Advertisement Organization on Affect toward a Brand Name," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 53-65, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1086/208536
- A. Maass and A. Russo, "Directional Bias in the Mental Representation of Spatial Events: Nature or Culture?," Psychological Science, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 296-301, 2004.
- B. Chae and H. Joandrea, "The Future Looks 'Right': Effects of the Horizontal Location of Advertising Images on Product Attitude," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 223-238, 2003.
- 곽준식, "이미지 배치와 제품특성 및 메시지 지향성과의 일치성이 제품평가에 미치는 영향," 광고학연구, 제26권, 제1호, pp. 7-23, 2015.
- L. A Babin and S. T. Carder, "Viewer's Recognition of Brands Placed within a Film," International Journal of Advertising, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 140-151, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1080/02650487.1996.11104643
- 김재휘, 안정태, "TV 드라마에서의 제품 배치 (PPL)의 광고효과 측정-암묵적 기억 측정을 통한 접근," 광고 연구, 제64권, 제3호, pp. 61-83, 2004.
- 전성률, 허종호, 문달주, "컴퓨터 게임 속 랜드 배치효과에 한 연구: 브랜드와 게임 맥락 간 이미지 일치성이 브랜드 태도에 미치는 역할," 소비자학연구, 제15권, 제2호, pp. 67-83, 2004.
- C. A. Russell, "Investigating the Effectiveness of Product Placements in Television Shows: The Role of Modality and Plot Connection Congruence on Brand Memory and Attitude," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 306-318, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1086/344432
- J. Santiago, A. Roman, M. Ouellet, N. Rodriguez, and P. Perz-Azor, "In Hindsight, Life Flows from Left to Right," Psychological Research, Vol. 74, No. 1, pp. 59-70, 2008.
- S. Christman and K. Pinger, "Lateral Biases in Aesthetic Preference: Pictorial Dimensions and Neural Mechanisms," Laterality, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 155-175, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1080/713754266
- B. Tversky, S. Kugelmass, and A. Winter, "Cross-Cultural and Development Trends in Graphic Productions," Cognitive Psychology, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 515-557, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0010-0285(91)90005-9
- T. M. Spalect and S. Hammad, "The Left-to-Right Bias in Inhibition of Return Is Due to the Direction of Reading," Psychological Science, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 15-18, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0956-7976.2005.00774.x
- A. Vallesi, M. A. Binns, and T. Shallice, "An Effect of Spatial-Temporal Association of Response Codes: Understanding the Cognitive Representations of Time," Cognition, Vol. 107, No. 2, pp. 501-527, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cognition.2007.10.011
- M. Ouellet, J. Santiago, M. J. Funes, and J. Lupianez, "Thinking about the Future Moves Attention to the Right," Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 17-24, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0017176
- E. T Higgins, "Promotion and Prevention: Regulatory Focus As a Motivational Principle. In Advances in Experimental Psychology," Vol. 30, pp. 1-46, 1998.
- A. L Freitas, N. Liberman, and E. T. Higgins, "Regulatory Fit and Resisting Temptation During Goal Pursuit," Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, Vol. 38, pp. 291-298, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1006/jesp.2001.1504
- A. Y. Lee and J. L. Aaker, "Bring the Frame Into Focus: The Influence of Regulatory Fit on Processing Fluency and Persuasion," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 86, No. 2, pp. 205-218, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.11
- M. Sagristano, Y. Trope, and N. Liberman, "Time-dependent Gambling: Odds now, Money later," Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, Vol. 131, pp. 364-376, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1037/0096-3418.104.22.1684
- 이새봄, 문재영, 곽준식, "테크노스트레스에 따른 소비자 선택 변화: 페이스북을 중심으로," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제14권, 제12호, pp. 402-410, 2014.