- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the Ore Recovery from Operating the Room & Pillar Hybrid Mining Method in the Korean Limestone Mine
국내 석회석 광산에서 주방식하이브리드 채광법의 채수율 분석
- Received : 2017.05.25
- Accepted : 2017.06.19
- Published : 2017.06.30
Demand for high-grade limestone is increasing, but the production in the domestic mines has been limited due to the lack of systematic development plans and efforts to develop mining technology to improve the recovery ratio, transition to high-cost underground mining due to increasing social awareness of environmental protection, and the smallness of the domestic mining industry, etc. In this study in connection with this issue, an analysis on the recovery change by improvement of mining method was executed. 3D modeling technique was used to construct a 3D model. 3D model includes the geological structure, the limestone ore body and the underground pits and tunnels excavated at the Daepyeong District of Daesung MDI Donghae District. By using the 3D model, measured resources, reserves and ore recovery were evaluated from the results of pilot operation of the room and pillar hybrid mining method, which is a variant of room and pillar mining method. These results were compared with those obtained from the conventional mining method. The ore recovery obtained by hybrid mining method was found to be up to 71.6%, showing about 26%p. increase compared with the case of conventional mining method.
고품위 석회석에 대한 수요는 점차 증가하고 있는 반면, 국내 석회석 광산에서의 고품위 석회석 생산은 체계적인 개발 계획의 부재, 고품위 광체에 대한 선택적 채광 기술의 부족, 환경보호에 대한 사회적 인식 제고에 따른 고비용 갱내 채광으로의 전환, 채수율 제고를 위한 채광기술의 개발 노력 부족, 산업의 영세성 등과 같은 여러 문제들로 인하여 원활하게 진행되지 않고 있다. 본 연구에서는 3D 모델링 기법을 활용하여 대성MDI 동해 사업소 대평지구의 지질구조 및 광체, 갱도 및 채굴적을 포함하는 3D 모델을 구축하였으며, 이를 토대로 주방식 하이브리드 채광법을 시험 적용하여 확정매장량, 가채광량 및 채수율을 산정하고 이를 기존의 주방식 채광법에 의한 결과와 비교 분석하였다. Test-bed 구역에서 주방식하이브리드 채광법의 시험 적용 결과를 분석한 결과 채수율이 71.6%로, 약 26%p. 향상되는 결과를 얻었다.
Grant : 국내 석회석광 적용 자동차 경량화 광물 원료 등 미래 자원화 기술 실증화 연구
Supported by : 산업통상자원부, 강원대학교
- Choi, Y.K., Heo, S., Park, J.Y., Kim, J.H., Lee, S.A., 2009a, Application of 3-Dimensional Modeling in Mine Feasibility Study and Production, Korean Society of Earth and Exploration Geophysicists Special Symposium, 89-100.
- Choi, Y.K., Park, J.Y., Lee, S.A., Kim, H.Y., Lee, H.S., Lee, S.C., 2009b, Visualization and optimization of construction schedule considering the geological conditions in the complicated underground cavern, Tunnel & Underground Space(Journal of Korean Society for Rock Mechanics), 19.3, 167-173.
- Gemcom Software International Inc., 2011, Gemcom for Windows User Manual.
- KATS, 2005, Standard for the calculation of limestone reserves, 1-4.
- Kaufmann, O., Martin, T., 2008, 3D geological modelling from boreholes, cross-sections and geological maps, application over former natural gas storages in coal mines, Computers & Geosciences, 34, 278-290. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2007.09.005
- Koo, C.M., Jeon, S.W., Lee, I.W., 2008, Underground Mine Design and Stability Analysis at a Limestone Mine, Tunnel & Underground Space(Journal of Korean Society for Rock Mechanics), 18.4, 243-251.
- KORES, 2007, Report of site investigation of Daesung Donghae(limestone), 3-5.
- KORES, 2015a, Drilling results report of Daesung Donghae (limestone), 2-7.
- KORES, 2015b, Present Condition of Mineral resource (limestone), 43-48, https://www.kores.net/komis/info/mineralinfo/ mineralreport/selectMineralInfoList.do.
- KR Patent No. 10-1565789, 2015, Room and pillar hybrid mining method, Daesung MDI Inc., 17p.
- Lee, B.J., Lee, D.K., Jung S.K., Kim., K.M., 2013, 00 Limestone Ore body 3D geological modelling and using, Korean Society for Rock Mechanics Conference and Seminar Book, 150-154.
- Lee, C.J., Kim, Y.K., Joe J.O., 2011, Geological mapping method, Seoul: Sigmapress, 4-17.
- Lee, J.T., Lee, H.J., Ahn, N.S., Lim, B.R., Kim, C.S., Yoon, W.S., 2006, Operational practices of Information production and management system of limestone mines using 3D geological modeling, Mineral and Industry, 19.1, 87-94.
- Noh, Y.S., Kim, J.K., Ko, Y.H., Kim, S.J., Jung, S.K., Yang. H.S., 2015, A Study on Assessment of Advance and Over-break in Underground Excavation Utilizing 3D Scanner, EXPLOSIVES & BLASTING, Journal of Korean Society of Explosives & Blasting Engineering, 1-6.
- Park, J.J., Shin, J.C., Hwang, J.h., Lee, K.H., Seo, H.J. Lee, I.M., 2012, Assessment of over under-break of tunnel utilizing BIM and 3D laser scanner, Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, 14.4, 437-451. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2012.14.4.437
- Park, J.Y., Lee, J.S., Heo, S., Jeong, S.W., 2006, Case study of 3D ground structure modeling for civil engineering design, Proceedings of KSRM 25th Anniversary Special Symposium, Journal of the Korean Society for Rock mechanics, 303-312.
- Son, Y.J., Kim, J.D., 2012, Mine Haulage System Design for Reopening of Yangyang Iron Mine using 3D Modelling, Tunnel & Underground Space(Journal of Korean Society for Rock Mechanics), 22.6, 412-428. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2012.22.6.412
- Wu, Q., Xu, H., 2003, An approach to computer modeling and visualization of geological faults in 3D, Computers & Geosciences, 29.4, 503-509. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0098-3004(03)00018-9