- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Case Study of Evaluation for Lane Layout of Toll Plaza including Multi-lane ETCS
다차로 ETCS 도입 시 영업소 동선 처리 사례 연구
- Han, Dong-Hee (Korea Expressway Corporation Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Yoon-Hyuk (Korea Expressway Corporation Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Ki-Young (Korea Expressway Corporation Research Institute) ;
- Jeong, So-Young (Korea Expressway Corporation Research Institute)
- Received : 2016.07.28
- Accepted : 2017.05.14
- Published : 2017.06.30
There is a two lane ECTS(Electronic Toll Collection System) that users can pass with 80kph high speed in SeoBusan Tall Gate. This system to be combined two hi-pass lanes for removing meddle-island have been operated successfully. But, the appearance of two Lane ETCS makes toll gate more complicated, so it is very important how to arrange effectively various tolling lanes. This study was trying to evaluate lane configuration for minimizing speed and speed deviation among all kinds of lanes including two Lane ETCS in seoul toll gate. That is, we selected all scenarios to be happened actually, and evaluated them using micro traffic simulation model (VISSIM). The results of this study showed that each alternative had a very different speed and speed deviation by lane each other, so we will be able to achieve effective operation and configuration of lanes in toll gate using scenario methodology.
- Bae Y. S.(2011), "Development of Optimal Toll Plaza Design and Operation Standards Based on ETCS Utilization," Ph.D. Dissertation, Ajou University.
- Cho Y. S., Kim H. J., Lee S. K. and Lee Y. T.(2002), "Development and application of the microscopic tollgate simulator using SIMPLUS," Journal of The Korean Society of Civil Engineers, vol. 22, no. 6-D, pp.1045-1055.
- FHWA(2008), "Strategies for Improving Safety at Toll Collection Facilities."
- Horiguchi R., Shitama T., Akahane H. and Xing J.(2009), Traffic Simulation for an Expressway Toll Plaza Based on Successive Vehicle Tracking Data: Chapter 11 Transport Simulation-Beyond Traditional Approaches, EPFL Press.
- Korea Expressway Corporation(2013), "Review Report for Operation and Disposition of Lanes at Toll Plaza".
- Lee J. S., Lee K. Y., Lee C. K., Yun I. S. and Yu J. W.(2013), "Estimation of Hi-pass Traffic Dispersion Rates to Determine The Optimal Location of Hi-pass Lanes at A Toll Plaza," The Journal of The Korea Institute of Intelligent Transport Systems, vol. 12, no. 4, pp.22-32. https://doi.org/10.12815/kits.2013.12.4.022
- Polus A. and Peshetnik I.(1997), "A New Concept and a Manual for Toll Plaza Planning," Can. J. Civ. Eng., vol. 24, no. 4, 1997 NRC Canada, pp.532-538. https://doi.org/10.1139/l97-006
- Yoo B. S., Lee S. B., Park W. Y. and Park J. T.(2010), "Safety Improvement of Installation of Hi-pass System at Expressway Toll Gate," J. Korean Soc. Transp., vol. 28, no. 4, Korean Society of Transportation, pp.7-18.