- Volume 41 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Limitation and Improvement of Degree of Freedom for Brush Tire Model
브러쉬 타이어 모델의 한계점 분석 및 자유도 개선
- Kim, Jong-Min (Mechanical Design Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Jung, Samuel (Mechanical Design Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yoo, Wan-Suk (Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2016.09.13
- Accepted : 2017.05.10
- Published : 2017.07.01
Vehicle behavior is determined by forces and a torques generated at the ground contact surface of the tire. Various tire models are used to calculate the forces and torques acting on the tire. The brush model calculates the forces and torques with fewer coefficients than other tire models. However, owing to fewer degrees of freedom in calculating the forces, this model has limitations in precisely expressing measured data. In this study, this problem was addressed by adding the least parameters to the friction coefficient and tire properties of the brush model, and the proposed model was validated.
Brush Tire Model;Tire Force;Self-aligning Torque;Tire-road Friction
Grant : 경전투용 다중로봇 통합운용/제어기술개발
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- Son, J. H., 1999, "Comparison of Several Tire Models for the Vehicle Simulation," KSME, Vol. 2, pp. 922-927.
- H. P. Willumeit, 1997, "Vehicle Dynamics," Dong Myeong.
- Pacejka, H. B. and Sharp, R. S., 1991, "Shear Force Development by Pneumatic Tyres in Steady State Condtion : A Review of Modeling Aspects," Vehicle System Dynamics, pp. 121-176.
- Rajesh Rajmani, 2006, "Vehicle Dynamics and Control," Springer, New York, pp. 387-433.
- Kim, G. H., 1997, "A Tire Model for Practical Cornering Simulations of Vehicles," KSAE, Vol. 4, pp. 32-36.
- MSC.sofware, 2013, "User Manual: Using the PAC2002Tire Model".
- Lee, M. S., 1996, "Development of a UA Tire Model for the Automobile Dynamics Program AUTODYN7," KSAE, Vol. 1, pp. 100-106.