- Volume 41 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Path Tracking Control of 6X6 Skid Steering Unmanned Ground Vehicle for Real Time Traversability
실시간 주행 안정성 분석을 위한 6X6 스키드 조향 무인 자율 주행 차량의 경로 추종 제어
- Hong, Hyosung (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Han, Jong-Boo (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Song, Hajun (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Jung, Samuel (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Sung-Soo (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yoo, Wan Suk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Won, Mooncheol (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Joo, Sanghyun (The 5th R&D Institute, Agency for Defense Development)
- 홍효성 (충남대학교 메카트로닉스공학과) ;
- 한종부 (충남대학교 메카트로닉스공학과) ;
- 송하준 (충남대학교 메카트로닉스공학과) ;
- 정사무엘 (부산대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 김성수 (충남대학교 메카트로닉스공학과) ;
- 유완석 (부산대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 원문철 (충남대학교 메카트로닉스공학과) ;
- 주상현 (국방과학연구소 제5기술연구본부)
- Received : 2016.09.29
- Accepted : 2017.03.27
- Published : 2017.07.01
For an unmanned vehicle to be driven on the off-road terrain, it is necessary to consider the vehicle's stability. This paper suggests a path tracking controller for simulation of real-time vehicle stability analysis. The path tracking controller uses the preview distance to track the given trajectory. The disturbance moment is estimated using the yaw moment observer, and this information is used for compensation in the yaw moment control. On a curved path, the vehicle's desired velocity is determined from the curvature of the path. Because the vehicle is equipped with six independent motor driven wheels, the driving torques are distributed on all the wheels. The effectiveness of the path tracking controller is verified using ADAMS/MATLAB co-simulation.
Unmanned Ground Vehicle;Skid Steer;Path Tracking Control;ADAMS;Multi Body Dynamics;Traversability
Supported by : 국방과학연구소(Agency for Defence Development)
- Kang, J., Kim, W., Lee, J. and Yi, K., 2010, "Design, Implementation, and Test of Skid Steering-based Autonomous Driving Controller for a Robotic Vehicle with Articulated Suspension," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 793-800. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-010-0115-z
- Hong, S., Choi, J.-S., Kim, H.-W., Won, M.-C., Shin, S.-C., Rhee, J.-S. and Park, H., 2009, "A Path Tracking Control Algorithm for Underwater Mining Vehicles," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 23, pp. 2030-2037. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-009-0436-y
- KRZYSZTOF KOZLOWSKI, DARIUSZ PAZDERSKI, 2004, "Modeling and Control of a 4-wheel Skid-steering Mobile Robot," Int. J. Appl. Math. Comput. Sci., Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 477-496.
- Lhomme-Desages, D., Grand, Ch. and Guinot, J-C., 2007, "Trajectory Control of a Four-wheel Skid-steering Vehicle Over Soft Terrain using a Physical Interaction Model," IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1164-1169.
- Yi, J., Song, D., Zhang, J. and Goodwin, Z., "Adaptive Trajectory Tracking Control of Skidsteering Mobile Robots," 2007, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2605-2610.
- Cho, W., Yoon, J., Yim, S., Koo, B. and Yi, K., 2010, "Estimation of Tire Forces for Application to Vehicle Stability Control," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., Vol. 59, No. 2, pp. 638-649. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2009.2034268
- Jiang, K., Pavelescu, A., Victorino, A. C. and Charara, A., 2014, "Estimation of Vehicle's Vertical and Lateral Tire Forces Considering Road Angle and Road Irregularity," 17th IEEE conference of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), pp. 342-347.
- Fiala, E., 1954, "Lateral Forces on Rolling Pneumatic Tires," Zeitschrift VDI, 96, pp. 973-979.
- Rajamani, R., Piyabongkarn, D., Lew, J. and Grogg, J., 2006, "Algorithms for Real Time Estimation of Individual Wheel Tire-Road Friction Coefficients," Proceedings of American Control Conference, pp. 4682-4687.