- Volume 41 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Mechanical Properties and Fatigue Behavior of STS 304L due to Plastic Working
소성가공에 따른 STS 304L 재료의 기계적 특성 및 피로평가
- Shim, Hyun-Bo (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam Univ.) ;
- Kim, Young-Kyun (KOGAS Research Institute) ;
- Suh, Chang-Min (School of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2017.02.03
- Accepted : 2017.02.20
- Published : 2017.07.01
The purpose of this study is to investigate the influence of the cold reduction rate and an ultrasonic fatigue test (UFT) on the fatigue behaviors of STS 304L. The tensile strength, yield strength, hardness value and fatigue limit in the UFT fatigue test linearly increased as thickness decreased from 1.5 mm to 1.1 mm, as the cold reduction rate of STS 304L increased. As a result of the UFT fatigue test (R = -1) of four specimens, the fatigue limit of the S-N curve formed a knee point in the region of
Surface Cracks;STS 304L;Ultrasonic Fatigue Test;Rotary Bending Fatigue Test;Cold Reduction;LNG(Liquid Nitrogen Gas);Fatigue Limit
Supported by : 한국가스공사
- Chun, M. S., Kim, M. H., Kim, W. S., Kim, S. H. and Lee, J. M., 2009, "Experimental Investigation on the Impact Behavior of Membrane Type LNG Carrier Insulation System," J of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, Vol. 22, pp. 901-907. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jlp.2008.09.011
- Kim, M. H., Lee, S. M., Lee, J. M., Noh, B. J. and Kim, W. S., 2010, "Fatigue Strength Assessment of MARK-III Type LNG Cargo Containment System," Ocean Engineering, Vol. 37 pp. 1243-1252. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2010.05.004
Bang, H. S., Bang, H. S., Kim, Y. C. and Oh, I. H., 2011, "A Study on Mechanical and Microstructure Characteristics of the STS304L Butt Joints using Hybrid
$CO_2$Laser-gas Metal Arc Welding," Materials and Design, Vol. 32, pp. 2328-2333. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2010.12.039
- Kim, B. C., Yoon, S. H. and Lee, D. G., 2011, "Pressure Resistance of the Corrugated Stainless Steel Membranes of LNG Carriers," Ocean Engineering, 38, pp. 592-608. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2010.12.013
- Kim H. S., Chun, M. S., Lee, J. M. and Kim, M. H., 2013, "A Comparative Evaluation of Fatigue and Fracture Characteristics of Structural Components of Liquefied Natural Gas Carrier Insulation System," J of Pressure Vessel Technology, Trans ASME, 021405 / Vol. 135, pp. 1-8.
- Yu, Y. H., Kim, B. G. and Lee, D. G., 2013, "Cryogenic Reliability of the Sandwich Insulation Board for LNG Ship," Composite Structures, Vol. 95, pp. 547-556. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2012.07.007
- Suh, C. M., Nahm, S. H., Kim, J. H. and Pyoun, Y. S., 2016, "A Study on the VHCF Fatigue Behaviors of Hydrogen Attacked Inconel 718 Alloy," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 40, No. 7, pp. 637-646.
- Suh, C. M., Song, G. H., Suh, M. S. and Pyoun, Y. S., 2007, "Fatigue and Mechanical Characteristics of Nanostructured Tool Steel by Ultrasonic Cold Forging Technology," Mater. Sci. Eng. A, 443, pp. 101-106. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2006.08.066
- Suh, C. M., Suh, M. S. and Hwang, N. S., 2011, "Growth Behaviours of Small Surface Fatigue Crack in AISI 304 Steel," Fatigue Fract. Engng. Mater. Struct. 35, 1, pp. 22-29.
- Suh, C. M., Suh, M. S. and Kim, S. K., 2011, "Fracture Mechanics of Surface Fatigue Crack Growth by Ductile Striation Space Measurement in Notched Waspaloy," Fatigue Fract. Engng. Mater. Struct. 35, 1, pp. 30-36.
- Suh, C. M., Suh, M. S. and Kim, S. K., 2010, "Surface Fatigue Crack Growth Behavior from Small Notch in Waspaloy," International Journal of Modern Physics B, 24, 15-16, pp. 3112-3117. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217979210066173
- Kitagawa, H., Takahashi, S., Suh, C. M. and Miyashita, S., 1979, "Quantitative Analysis of Fatigue Process: Micro-Cracks and Slip Lines under Cyclic Strains," ASTM STP 678, pp. 420-449.
- Suh, C. M., Yuuki, R. and Kitagawa, H., 1985, "Fatigue Microcracks in a Low Carbon Steel," Fatigue Fract. Engng. Mater. Struct., 8-2, pp. 193-203. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2695.1985.tb01203.x
- Suh, C. M. and Kitagawa, H., 1987, "Crack Growth Behaviour of Fatigue Microcracks in Low Carbon Steels," Fatigue Fract. Engng. Mater. Struct., 9-6, pp. 409-424. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2695.1987.tb00468.x
- Kitagawa, H., Nakasone, Y. and Shimodaira, M., 1985, "A Fracture Mechanics Study of the Corrosion Fatigue of a Structural Steel with a Surface Defect," Trans. of the JSME series A, Vol. 51-464, pp. 1026-1033.
- Nahm, S. H. and Suh, C. M., 1997, "Observation on the Growth Behavior of Small Surface Cracks Using Remote Measurement System," ASTM STP, 1318, pp. 71-84.