- Volume 41 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Study of Robust Position Recognition System of a Mobile Robot Using Multiple Cameras and Absolute Space Coordinates
다중 카메라와 절대 공간 좌표를 활용한 이동 로봇의 강인한 실내 위치 인식 시스템 연구
- Mo, Se Hyun (Amotech, motor circuit R&D Group) ;
- Jeon, Young Pil (Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.) ;
- Park, Jong Ho (School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Seonam Univ.) ;
- Chong, Kil To (School of Electronic Engineering / Advanced Electronics and information Research Center & Chon-buk Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2015.07.09
- Accepted : 2017.03.31
- Published : 2017.07.01
With the development of ICT technology, the indoor utilization of robots is increasing. Research on transportation, cleaning, guidance robots, etc., that can be used now or increase the scope of future use will be advanced. To facilitate the use of mobile robots in indoor spaces, the problem of self-location recognition is an important research area to be addressed. If an unexpected collision occurs during the motion of a mobile robot, the position of the mobile robot deviates from the initially planned navigation path. In this case, the mobile robot needs a robust controller that enables the mobile robot to accurately navigate toward the goal. This research tries to address the issues related to self-location of the mobile robot. A robust position recognition system was implemented; the system estimates the position of the mobile robot using a combination of encoder information of the mobile robot and the absolute space coordinate transformation information obtained from external video sources such as a large number of CCTVs installed in the room. Furthermore, vector field histogram method of the pass traveling algorithm of the mobile robot system was applied, and the results of the research were confirmed after conducting experiments.
Localization;Mobile Robot;Path Planning;Vision
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- Yoo, J. J. and Cho, Y. S., 1974, "Trends in Technical Development and Standardization of Indoor Location Based Services," ETRI, Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 51-61.
- Lee, J. K., So, W. S., Lee, J. S. and Yoo, S. J., 2014, "High Accuracy of Indoor Hybrid Positioning Method based on Mobile Device," ETRI, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 113-125.
- Hong, S. H. and Jung, S. Y., 2010, "Localization Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Networks using the Acceleration sensor," Journal of KAIS, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 1294-1300.
- Jeon, Y. P., Park, J. H., Lim, S. T. and Chong, K. T., 2015, "Research for Robot Kinap Problem in the Indoor of Utilizing External Image Information and the Absolute Spatial Coordinates," Journal of KAIS, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 2123-2130.
- Mazuelas, S., Bahillo, A., Lorenzo, R. M., Fernandez, P., Lago, F. A. and Garcia, E., 2009, "Robust Indoor Positioning Provided by Real-Time RSSI Values in Unmodified WLAN Networks," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in signal processing, Vol. 3, No. 5, pp.821-831. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSTSP.2009.2029191
- Roh, H. C., 2010, "Mobile Robot Localization based on Active Beacon System using Infrared Sensor in Indoor Environment," KAIST master's thesis.
- Lee, K. Chung, C. and Chung, W., 2011, "Accurate Calibration of Kinematic Parameters for Two Wheel Differntial Mobile Robots," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol 25, No. 6, pp. 1603-1611.
- Borenstein, J. and Koren, Y., 1991, "The Vector Field Histogram - Fast Obstacle-Avoidance for Mobile Robots," IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 278-288. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.88137
- Yoon, S. J. and Han, W. S., 2007, "Global Localization of Mobile Robots Using Omnidirectional Images," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol 31, No. 4, pp. 517-524. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.4.517
- Yu, D. H., Park, J. H., Ryu, J. H. and Chong, K. T., 2015, "Attitude Control of Quad- rotor by Improving the Reliability of Multi -Sensor System," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 39, No. 5, pp. 517-526 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.5.517
- Seung, J. H., Lee, D. J., Ryu, J. H. and Chong, K. T., 2013, "Precise Positioning Algorithm Development for Quadrotor Flying Robots Using Dual Extended Kalman Filter," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 158-163. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.19.2.158