- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of Barista Job Training Game on Occupational Self Efficacy of Persons with Intellectual Disability
기능성 게임을 이용한 바리스타 직무훈련이 지적장애인의 직무효능감에 미치는 영향
- Kwon, Jungmin (Dept. of Early Childhood & Special Education, Seoul National University of Education)
- 권정민 (서울교육대학교 유아.특수교육과)
- Received : 2016.12.10
- Accepted : 2017.02.18
- Published : 2017.02.20
Occupational self-efficacy is one of the factors necessary for successful occupational rehabilitation of persons with intellectual disabilities. In this research, we investigated to see whether participating in a game-based training for job affects occupational self-efficacy. We compared a group who played a job-training game during traditional training with a group who participated only in traditional training. The results indicate that overall occupational self-efficacy of the game-based training group was affected significantly compared to the control group. Among the four subcategories, problem solving self efficacy and stress management self-efficacy showed significant improvement.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- S.H. Lee and E.H. Park, Teaching Exceptional Children in Inclusive Settings, Hakjisa, 2012.
- Ministry of Education, Special Education Statistics 2016, Government report, 2016.
- A. Bandura, "Self-efficacy: toward a unifying theory of behavioral change", Psychological Review, Vol.84, pp.191-215, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- A. Bandura, Social Learning Theory, Prentice-Hall, 1977.
- M. Wehmeyer and N.W. Garner, "The impact of personal characteristics of people with intellectual and developmental disability on self-determination and autonomous functioning", Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, Vol.16, pp.255-265, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1468-3148.2003.00161.x
- T. Rigotti and G. Mohr, "Short version of the occupational self-efficacy scale: Structural and construct validity across five countries", Journal of Career Assessment, Vol.16, pp.238-255, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/1069072707305763
- B. Schyns and G. von Collani, "A new occupational self-efficacy scale and its relation to personality constructs and organizational variables", European Journal of Work and Organizational Pscyhology, Vol.11, pp.219-241, 2010.
- F. C. Lunenburg, "Self-efficacy in the workplace: Implications for motivation and performance", International Journal of Management, business, and Administration, Vol.14, pp.1-6, 2011.
- J. Barlow, C. Write, and L. Cullen, "A job-seeking self-effcacy scale for people with physical disabilities: Preliminary development and pscyhometric testing", British Journal of Guidance & Counselling, Vol.30, pp. 37-53, 2010.
- J.M. Kwon and Y.S. Lee, "Serious games for the job traning of persons with developmental disabilities", Computers and Education, Vol.95, pp.328-339, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2016.02.001
- D. Michael, and S. Chen, Serious Games: Games that Educate, Train, and Inform, Course Technology, 2006.
- U. Ritterfeld, M. Cody, and P. Vorderer, Serious Games: Mechanisms and Effects, Routeledge, 2009.
- J. Raelin, "Work Self-Efficacy Inventory", 2010.