- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Characteristic Analysis of 3-Piece Freight Vehicle with Wedge Friction Damper Using ADAMS
ADAMS를 이용한 3-Piece 마찰 웨지 댐퍼가 장착된 화차의 동특성 해석
- Lee, Chul-Hyung (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou University) ;
- Han, Myung-Jae (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou University) ;
- Park, Tae-Won (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou University)
- Received : 2017.02.07
- Accepted : 2017.05.22
- Published : 2017.06.30
In this work, an independent-load friction wedge model was developed using the ADAMS/View program to predict the performance of a freight vehicle with a bogie employing a 3-piece friction wedge. The friction wedge model can generate friction according to lateral and vertical directions of the bolster. The developed friction wedge model was applied to the ADAMS/Rail vehicle model, and results of the dynamic analysis showed a critical speed of 210km/h. In the linear safety analysis, it was confirmed that the lateral and vertical limit of acceleration of the vehicle were satisfied based on UIC518. In the 300R curve line, the application speed was 70km/h, which was satisfied with the limit acceleration of the car-body and bogie based on UIC518. Also, the developed model satisfied the wheel loading, lateral force and derailment coefficient of "The Regulations on Safety Standards for Railway Vehicles"
- J.F. Gardner, J.P. Cusumano (1997) Dynamic models of friction wedge dampers, Proceedings of the 1997 IEEE/ASME Joint Railroad Conference, Boston, pp. 65-69.
- B.J. Sperry (2009) Complex bogie modeling incorporating advanced friction wedge components, the Master of Science In Mechanical Engineering, Blacksburg : Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- B.S. Ballew (2008) Advanced multibody dynamics modeling of the freight train truck system, the Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Blacksburg : Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Y.Q. Sun, C. Cole (2007) Comprehensive wagon-track modeling for simulation of three-piece bogie suspension dynamics, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, 221, pp. 905-917.
- R.F. Harder (2000) Dynamic modeling and simulation of three-piece north american freight vehicle suspensions with non-linear frictional behavior using ADAMS/Rail, Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE/ASME Joint Railroad Conference, Toronto, pp. 185-191.
- K. Lyngby (2002) Analytical method for simulation of three-piece truck, the Doctor of Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- A. Orlova, Yu. Romen(2008) Refining the wedge friction damper of three-piece freight bogies, Swets & Zeitlinger, Vehicle System Dynamics Supplement, 46, pp. 445-455. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110801993086
- Fujie Xia (2002) Modelling of Wedge Dampers in the Presence of Two-Dimensional Dry Friction, Swets & Zeitlinger, Vehicle System Dynamics Supplement, 37, pp. 565-578. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423114.2002.11666263