- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Influence on Derailment due to Primary Spring Aging
축상스프링 노화에 따른 탈선안전도 영향 분석
- Hur, Hyunmoo (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Shin, Yujeong (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- You, Wonhee (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Park, Joonhyuk (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2017.05.22
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.30
In order to analyze the influence on derailment safety according to the aging of primary rubber springs widely applied to railway vehicles, characteristic tests were carried out on aged primary rubber spring samples. To analyze the effect of primary rubber spring aging on derailment safety, a vehicle dynamic analysis was carried out. The results of the vertical characteristics test for the rubber spring specimens with 17 years of service life revealed that the displacement restoration function was degraded due to rubber aging and the spring stiffness significantly increased. The results of the running dynamic analysis simulating the twist track running in accordance with the EN14363 standard, compared with the normal vehicle model (Case 1), showed that the derailment coefficient and the wheel unloading of the vehicle model (Case 2) using the aging primary spring characteristic increased, and the derailment safety was degraded. IN particular, it was found that the derailment safety due to the reduction of the wheel load is weak in the transient section where a steep slope change occurs.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- K.J. Woo, S.Y. Jeong, Y.W. Kim (2015) A study on the wheel climbing derailment of the degraded trains, Proceedings Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Yeosu, Korea, pp. 559-566.
- H.M. Hur, W.H. You, T.W. Park (2007) Analysis on the properties of conical rubber spring for railway rolling-stock, Proceedings Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Busan, Korea, pp. 68-73.
- H.M. Hur, J.H. Park, W.H. You, T.W. Park (2008) A study on the properties of the aged conical rubber spring for the railway rollingstock, 4th Asian Conference on Multibody Dynamics, Jeju, Korea, pp. 670-677.
- M. Suzuki, A. Hamada, T. Shimomura (2004) Analysis of properties of three-layed conic rubber spring for axle-box supporting system, Railway Technical Research Institute Report, 18(10), pp. 9-14.
- British Standards Institution (2005) Railway applications - Testing for the acceptance of running characteristics of railway vehicles - Testing of running behaviour and stationary tests, EN14363.
- S. Iwnicki (2006) Handbook of Railway Vehicle Dynamics, CRC Press, NW, pp. 209-235.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2014) Technical Specifications for Urban Railway Vehicles, KRTS-VE-Part51-2014(R1).