- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Research on Technical Trends of IGBT Gate Driver Unit for Railway Car
철도차량용 IGBT Gate Driver Unit 기술 동향 분석 연구
- Cho, In-Ho (Propulsion System Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute,) ;
- Lee, Jae-Bum (Propulsion System Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute,) ;
- Jung, Shin-Myung (Propulsion System Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute,) ;
- Lee, Byoung-Hee (Department of Electronics and Control Engineering, Hanbat National University)
- Received : 2017.04.18
- Accepted : 2017.05.08
- Published : 2017.06.30
Power supply for railway cars can be divided into propulsion system power supply and auxiliary power units (APU). The propulsion system power supply is for propulsion of railway cars, and regenerative braking; the APU provides power for the air compressor, lighting, car control and other auxiliary parts. According to high voltage and high current specifications, generally, an insulated-gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) is adopted for the switching component. For appropriate switching operation, a gate driver unit (GDU) is essentially required. In this paper, the technical trends of GDU for railway cars are analyzed and a design consideration for IGBT GDU is described.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원, 한국연구재단
- https://www.hyundai-rotem.co.kr/Business/Rail/Business_sub.asp?d1=1&d2=1&d3=9 (Accessed 15 May 2017)
- K.J. Um (2002) IGBT Basics II, Application Note 9020 of ONSemi.
- A. Bhalla, J. Gladish, G. Dolny (1999) Effect of IGBT Switching Dynamics on Loss Calculations in High Speed Applications, IEEE Electron Device Letters, 20(1), pp. 51-53. https://doi.org/10.1109/55.737571
- M. Wappmannsberger (2013) Galvanic isolation for IGBT-Driver, Avago Technologies, White Paper.
- Power Integrations (2016) Datasheet, SID11x2K.
- Power Integrations (2015) Datasheet, ISO3116I.
- Power Integrations (2015) Application Manual, SCALE-2 1SC0450V.
- Power Integrations (2015) Application Manual, SCALE-2 2SC635T.
- O. Garcia, J. Thalheim, N. Meili (2013) Safe Driving of Multi-Level Converters Using Sophisticated Gate Driver Technology, proceeding of the PCIM Asia, Shanghai, China, pp. 100-105.
- Innovative Power Systems (2010) Datasheet, 2IPSE3W12-60.