- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Reliability Analysis of Hot-Standby Sparing System with Common Cause Failures for Railway
공통고장모드를 고려한 대기 이중계 구조의 철도 시스템 신뢰도 분석
- Park, Chan-woo (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Chae, Eunkyung (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Shin, Duck-ho (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2017.04.18
- Accepted : 2017.06.10
- Published : 2017.06.30
Failures of railway systems can result in train delays or accidents, and therefore high reliability is required to ensure safety of railway systems. To improve reliability, railway systems are designed with redundant systems so that the standby system will continue to function normally even if the primary system fails. Generally, overall system reliability can be evaluated by the reliabilities of the parts of the whole system and the reliability of the redundant system considering common failures in case of each system is not conform physical, functional and process independent. In this study, the reliability of the hot-standby sparing system is analyzed the independent systems and dependent systems with common failures. The reliability for the standby system can be effectively analysed using Markov models, which can model the redundant configuration and the state transition.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- International Electronical Committee (2002) Railway Application-Specification and Demonstration of RAMS, International Standard, IEC 62278:2002.
- International Electronical Committee (2007) Communication, signalling and processing systems - Safety related electronic systems for signalling, International Standard, IEC 62425:2007.
- B.W. Johonson (1989) Design and Analysis of Fault-Tolerant Digital Systems, Addison-Wesley, 47-168.
- D.S. Duck, J.H. Lee, K.M. Lee, Y.K. Kim (2006) A Study on Design and Reliability Assessment for Embedded Hot-Standby Sparing FT System Using Self-Checking Logic, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 9(6), pp. 725-731.
- D.S. Duck, K.M. Lee, J.H. Lee, Y.K. Kim (2007) A Study on Power Supply Method Design for Hot Standby Sparing System via Reliability Modeling , Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 10(5), pp. 527-532.
- G.H. Min, J.W. Lee (2007) A Study on the Advanced Reliability Assessment Method about Hot-Standby Sparing System for Railway Signaling, The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 56(9), pp. 1589-1595
- The Rome Laboratory (1993) Reliability Engineer's Toolkit, Air Force Materiel Command, pp. 89-92.
- M.F. Neuts (1981) Matrix Geometric Solutions in Stochastic Models-an Algorithmic Approach, John Hopkins University Press, pp. 41-80.