- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study for Remediation of Railroad Ballast Gravel Using Dry Washing Method
건식세척기술을 이용한 철도 도상자갈 정화 연구
- Bae, Jiyong (OIKOS. Co., Ltd.) ;
- Jeong, Taeyang (OIKOS. Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Jae Hun (OIKOS. Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Sang Tak (OIKOS. Co., Ltd.) ;
- Joo, Hyung Soo (OIKOS. Co., Ltd.) ;
- Oh, Seung-Taek (OIKOS. Co., Ltd.) ;
- Cho, Youngmin (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Park, Duckshin (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2017.01.24
- Accepted : 2017.05.16
- Published : 2017.06.30
This study proposes a newly developed dry washing method for removing pollutants such as total petroleum hydrocarbon (TPH) and oxidized iron from the surface of ballast gravel. A batch-type dry washing method showed a good performance in a previous study. In this study, a continuous-type dry washing system, instead of a batch-type system, was prepared to improve the efficiency of the system. A drier and a separator were also applied to this system as pre-treatment process, and the performance of this system was evaluated. In this experiment, blasting media was blasted on the polluted gravels through 12 nozzles by a pressure of
Supported by : 국토교통부
- B. Wilkomirski, B. Sudnik-Wojcikowska, H. Galera, M. Wierzbicka, M. Malawska (2011) Railway transportation as a serious source of organic and inorganic pollution, Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, 218 (1-4), p. 333-345. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11270-010-0645-0
- S.W. Oa, T.G. Lee (2009) Investigation of soil pollution status for railroad depot, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(5). pp. 788-792.
- L. Di Palma, E. Petrucci (2014) Treatment and recovery of contaminated railway ballast, Turkish Journal of Engineering & Environmental Sciences, 38, pp. 248-255. https://doi.org/10.3906/muh-1404-9
- Y. Cho, D. Park, T.-S. Kwon, J.-Y. Lee (2015) Study of the performance of a dry cleaning method for polluted ballast gravel of railroad fields, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 18(6), pp. 552-557. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.6.552
- Y. Cho, D. Park, Y. Choi, J-I. Lim, K-H. Kim (2005) Remediation of contaminated ballast by blasting technology, Proceedings of Korean Society for Railway, Uiwang, Korea, pp. 100-106.
- I.-H. Lee (2010) Improvement of Dry-blasting efficiency for ballast used as aggregate of paved track, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(1), pp. 78-83.
- C.-D. Nam (2004) A study of the technical treatment within an environmental appetency for the ballast water, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, 28(8), pp. 129-139.
- S.-W. Oa, T.-G. Lee (2009) Investigation of soil pollution status for railroad depot, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(5), pp. 788-792.
- I.-H. Lee (2009) Aggregate criterion for paved track considering recycling of railway ballast, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(4), pp. 481-487.
- Y. Cho, J.-Y Lee, C.-G. Lee, W.-S. Jung, et al. (2009) Study on the pilot-scale remediation system for polluted railroad ballast gravels, Proceedings of Korean Society for Railway, Jeju, Korea, pp. 3236-3241.
- I.-W. Lee, J.-I. Lim, S.-G. Lee (2009) The dry cleaning machine to recycling the used ballast as a aggregate of the paved track, Proceedings of Korean Society for Railway, Gyeongju, Korea, pp. 1525-1529.
- Y. Cho, J.-Y Lee, T.-S. Kown, W.-S. Jung, et al. (2012) Field application of dry washing technology for polluted railroad ballast gravel, Proceedings of Korean Society for Railway, Gyeongju, Korea, pp. 819-824.
- I.H. Lee, S.I. Kim, Y.J. Kim, T.H. Kim, C.S. Jeong (2015) A Study on the development of waterless gravel cleaning equipment for high-speed train rapid-hardening track, Proceedings of The Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, Daejeon, Korea, p. 7.