- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of Installation of Railway Construction Project Management System on Carbon Reduction
철도건설 사업관리시스템 도입에 따른 탄소저감 효과 분석
- Received : 2017.05.04
- Accepted : 2017.06.21
- Published : 2017.06.30
In response to the global warming crisis, the Kyoto protocol was established by major developed countries in 1997. The Paris Agreement, which imposes a carbon reduction obligation for both developed countries and developing countries, was signed in 2015. Regulations and efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions accordingly have been implemented. In this study, we analyzed the reduction of carbon emissions computerizing of the traditional project management system for efficient railway construction at Korea Rail Network Authority. We suggest a model that measures two major effects of carbon reduction, stemming from transportation and from a decrease of paper use. In this paper, we calculate the amount of carbon reduction and the economic effect of carbon reduction with application of the construction project management system at Korea Rail Network Authority. The model and methodology in this study are expected to be helpful to measure the carbon reduction performance for similar e-transformation.
K.K. Lim, D.C. Lee, M.H. Lim, J.I. Moon (2010) Development of Model and Methodology for analysis of
$CO_2$emission reduction effect according to installation of e-Government G2B System, Society for E-business Studies Journal, 15(5), pp 163-181.
- S.H. Lee (2006) Current situation of ERP System Installation for efficient Project Management of Railway Construction, Korea Rail Engineering Association, 100, pp 8-11.
- H.Y. Cho (2016) The Paris Agreement to economic engines of growth, Nation Assembly Review, 591, pp 36-37.
- D.S. Ronald, A.E. James, N.M. Christopher (2000) SGM 2000 : Model Description and Theory, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory.
- H.S. Eggleston, L. Buendia, K. Miwa, T. Ngara, K. Tanabe (2006) IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories, Prepared by National Greenhouse Gas Inventories Programme, IPCC 2006.
- Y.D. Kim, K.Y. Cho, S.J. Yoo (2003) Emission control and social loss of air pollutants in transport sector, Energy Economics Research Institute.
- M.S. Paolella, L. Taschini (2008) An Econometric Analysis of Emission-Allo-wances Prices, Journal of Banking and Finance, 32(10), pp. 2022-2032. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbankfin.2007.09.024
- National Information Society Agency (2009) Strategy for low-carbon and green growth initiatives based on IT.