- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Seoul Metropolitan Subway Network Characteristics Using Network Centrality Measures
네트워크 중심성 지표를 이용한 서울 수도권 지하철망 특성 분석
- Lee, Jeong Won (Department of Industrial and Information Systems Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Kang Won (Department of Industrial and Information Systems Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2017.04.04
- Accepted : 2017.05.30
- Published : 2017.06.30
In this study we investigate the importance of the subway station using network centrality measures. For centrality measures, we have used betweenness centrality, closeness centrality, and degree centrality. A new measure called weighted betweenness centrality is proposed, that combines both traditional betweenness centrality and passenger flow between stations. Through correlation analysis and power-law analysis of passenger flow on the Seoul metropolitan subway network, we have shown that weighted betweenness centrality is a meaningful and practical measure. We have also shown that passenger flow between any two stations follows a highly skewed power-law distribution.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- S. Derrible (2012) Network Centrality of Metro Systems, PloS One, 7(7), e40575, pp. 1-10.
- V. Latora, M. Marchiori (2001) Efficient Behavior of Small-World Networks, Physical Review Letters, 87(19), P.198701. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.87.198701
- M.L. Mouronte (2014) Topological Analysis of the Subway Network of Madrid, International Multi-Conference on Computing in the Global Information Technology, Seville, Spain, pp. 9-13.
- S. Stoilova, V. Stoev (2015) An Application of the Graph Theory Which Examines the Metro Network, Transport Problems, 10(2), pp. 35-48.
- B. Leng, X. Zhao, X. Zhang (2014) Evaluating the Evolution of Subway Networks: Evidence from Beijing Subway Network, Europhysics Letters, 105(5), P.58004. https://doi.org/10.1209/0295-5075/105/58004
- S.Y. Zang, K.W. Lee (2016) Characteristics and Efficiency Analysis of Evolutionary Seoul Metropolitan Subway Network, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 19(3), pp. 388-396. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.3.388
- C.P. Monterola, M.A. Ramli, G.L. Khoon, T.H. Guang (2014) A Method to Ascertain Rapid Transit System's Throughput Distribution Using Network Analysis, Procedia Computer Science, 29, pp. 1621-1630. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2014.05.147
- A. H'aznagy, I. Fi, A. Londo, T. N'emeth (2015) Complex Network Analysis of Public Transportation Networks: A Comprehensive Study, 2015 Models and Technology for Intelligent Transport Systems, Budapest, Hungary, pp.371-378.
- Y.Y. Cheng, R.K. W. Lee, E.P. Lim, F. Zhu (2015) Measuring Centralities for Transportation Networks beyond Structures, Applications of Social Media and Social Network Analysis, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, pp. 23-39.
- Seoul Open Data Plaza, http://data.seoul.go.kr (Accessed 30 January 2016)
- Korea Transportation Database, http://www.ktdb.go.kr (Accessed 30 January 2016)
- Q. XU, B.H. Mao, Y. Bai (2016) Network Structure of Subway Passenger Flow, Journal of Statistical Mechanics; Theory & Experiment, pp. 1-18.
- Network Betweenness Centrality and Passenger Flow Analysis of Seoul Metropolitan Subway Lines vol.41, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2018.41.2.095