- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Influence of EWOM on Passengers' Behavioral Intentions
항공사에 대한 온라인 구전이 승객행동에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Received : 2017.04.06
- Accepted : 2017.06.28
- Published : 2017.06.30
The ultimate aim of this research is to analyze the effects of on-line word of mouth (WOM) regarding airlines on behavior intention of airline passengers through information accommodation, attitude and trust. For the purpose, we have carried out a questionnaire survey with passengers who have used airline social media and websites as target, and analyzed a total of 362 copies of the questionnaire using structural equation. As a result of analysis, on-line WOM turned out to have a significant effect on accommodation, and the accommodation turned out to have significant effects on attitude and trust. Also, attitude turned out to have a significant effect on trust, and the trust turned out to have a significant effect on behavior intention. This research has significance in that it can help establish a WOM marketing strategy of airlines through grasping the actual situation of on-line WOM of airlines and present a possibility of WOM marketing utilizing social media as an appropriate marketing for aviation industry. At the same time, it also has an academic significance in that it predicted actual behavior intention of passengers who have used on-line WOM on airlines.
- Kang, H. S., Park, S. A., & Lee, J. W. (2012), "A study of structural relationships among airline service quality, trust, and loyalty : Focus on SERVQUAL", Journal Of Tourism & Leisure Research, 24(7), pp. 133-150.
- Kim, K. S. & Park, J. S. (2004), "An exploratory study on internet word of mouth", Academy of customer satisfaction management, 6(1), pp. 49-72
- Kim, B. J., Kang, M. S., & Shin, J. C. (2005), "A study on the determinants and performance of consumer-brand relationship", The Korean Journal of Advertising, 16(3), pp. 55-81.
- Kim, S. H., Park, M. S., Cho, B. J., & Hwang, E. R. (2005), "Customer behavior - A strategic approach", Seoul: Hanteemedia.
- Kim, S. T. (2013), "A study on the effects of the delayed cost and the service quality of the airline corporation on the trust, the satisfaction of the customers, the image, and the intention of the behavior - centered around the comparison between FSC and LCC" (Master's thesis, Kyonggi University, Kyongki-do, Republic of Korea), Retrieved from http://dl.nanet.go.kr/.
- Kim, S. H. (2003), "The influence of product involvement and knowledge on internet WOM", The Korean Journal of Advertising, 14(1), pp. 257-280.
- Kim, J. J. (2010), "Research on the proceeding factors of EWOM information trust and factors affect the acceptance of EWOM" (Master's thesis, Seogyeong University, Seoul, Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://dl.nanet.go.kr/.
- Kim, J. S. (2012), "Effects of the airline service quality on perceived value, satisfaction and behavioral intentions" (Doctoral dissertation, Kyonggi University, Kyongki-do, Republic of Korea), Retrieved from http://dl.nanet.go.kr/.
- Kim, C. H., & Hwang, E. R. (1997), "A study on relationship between word-of-mouth information characteristics and word-ofmouth effects", Advertising Research, 31, 55-77.
- Bang, S. L. (2008), "A study on effects of online word of mouth on brand attitudes and purchase intention" (Doctoral dissertation, In-Ha University, Seoul, Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://dl.nanet.go.kr/.
- Song, H. J. (2016), "The influence of source characteristics of SNS on online CSR eWOM acceptance and attitudes to the company" (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Lee, S. J. (2014), "The effect of purchase reviews of fashion product of internet shopping mall on benefits sought of sales promotion, fashion customer's purchase satisfaction, repurchase intention, and word-of-mouth intention" (Seoul Woman's University, Seoul, Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://dl.nanet.go.kr/.
- Lee, H. S., Ahn, K. H., & Ha, Y. Y. (1997), "Customer behavior", Seoul: Bobmunsa.
- Suh, M. S., Ahn, J. W., Lee, J. E., & Park, S. K. (2009), "The influence of customer's multidimensional evaluation in online review: focused on apparel products", Journal of The Korea Contents Association, 9(8), pp. 255-271. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.8.255
- Lee, C. S., Lee, H. B., Lee, S. M., & Kim, J. H. (2013), "The effect of WOM's information characteristics on WOM adoption in the online shopping context: focused on the mediating roles of trust and usefulness", Korea Research Academy of Distribution and Management Review, 16(3), pp. 59-75
- structural relationship between on-line word of mouth, trust, acceptance of word of mouth and intention of family restaurant visit on the Family Restaurant", Journal of Tourism Management Research, 14(2), pp. 181-199.
- A. Parasuraman & L. L. Berry(1991), "Marketing Service : Competing through Quality", New York, Free Press, pp. 121-150.
- Anderson, E. W. & Sullivan, M. W.(1994), "The Antecedent and Consequences of Customer Satisfaction for firms", Marketing Science, 12. pp. 125-143.
- Ajzen, I. & Fishbein, M.(1980), "Understanding attitudes and predicting social behavior, Engle wood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Bearden, w. o. and Teel, j. e (1983), "Selected determinant of consumer satisfaction and complaining reports", Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 20(feb)
- Berry, L L. & Parasuraman, A.(1991), Marketing Service: Competing through Quality. pp. 191-203.
- Bone, P. F.(1995). "Word-of-mouth effects on short-term and long-term product judgments", Journal of Business Research, 32(3), pp. 213-223. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(94)00047-I
- Chatterjee, P.(2001). "Online reviews: do consumers use them", Advances in Consumer Research, 28: 129-133.
- Day, R. L.(1980), "Research Perspectives on Consumer Complaining Behavior" in Theoretical Developments in Marketing, Jr. Lamb, Charles W. and Patrick M. Dunne, Eds. Chicago, IL: American Marketing Association.
- Decker, S.(2007), "84% Trust user reviews over a critic(MarketingSherpa)", July(3).
- Dwyer, R. F, Schurr, P. H & Oh, S.(1987), "Developing buyer-seller relationship", Journal of Marketing, 51(2), 11-27. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251126
- Elliott, K. M.(2002). "Understanding Consumer to Consumer Influence On the Web. Doctoral Dissertation", Duke University.
- Engel, J. F., Kegerreis, R. J., & Blackwell, R. D.(1969), "Word-of-mouth communication by the innovator". The Journal of Marketing, 33, pp. 15-19. https://doi.org/10.2307/1248475
- Engel, J., Blackw ell, R. and Miniar d, P.W.(2007), "Consumer Behavior", Hinsdale, The Dryden Press
- Gretzel, U. & Yoo, K. H.(2008). "Use and impact of online travel reviews", Information and communication technologies in tourism pp. 35-46.
- Freedman, L.(2008), "Merchant and customer perspectives on customer reviews and user-generated content", The e-tailing group. www.e-tailing.com.
- Harrison-Walker, L. J.(2001), "The measurement of word-of-mouth communication and an investigation of service quality and customer commitment as potential antecedents", Journal of Service Research, 4(1), pp. 60-75. https://doi.org/10.1177/109467050141006
- Houmrungroje, A.(2014), "The influence of social media intensity and EWOM on conspicuous consumption", Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 148, pp. 7-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.07.009
- Kotler, P.(2000), "Marketing Management", The Millennium Edition, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Kwon, S. K.(2013), "A Study on online word-of-mouth effect through blog reviews on fashion products-Based on the theory of planned behavior", Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University.
- Embrain Trend Monitor(2014), "Consumer Review Influence Survey" TK_201402_TR_1028. trendmonitor.co.kr.
- Pitta, D. A. and D. Fowler(2005), "Internet community forums: An untapped resource for consumer marketers," Journal of Consumer Marketing, 22(5), pp. 265-274. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760510611699
- Talarzyk, W. W.(1994), "Direct marketing and online consumer information services (OLCISs): Implications and challenges", Journal of direct marketing, Vol. 8 No. 4, pp. 6-17. https://doi.org/10.1002/dir.4000080404
- Tseng, S. & Fogg, B. J.(1999), "Credibility and Computing Technology", Communication of the ACM, 42(5), pp. 39-44. https://doi.org/10.1145/301353.301402
- Robert A. Peterson, Maria C. (2003) Merino Psychology & Marketing, Vol. 20 No. 2, pp. 99-121. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.10062
- Urban, G. L, Sultan, F, and Qualls, W. (2000), "Placing Trust at the Center of Your Internet Strategy," Sloan Management Review, Fall, pp. 39-48.
- Voss. P. Jr.(1984), "Status Shifts to Peer Inf1uence", Advertising Age, May 17, M-10.
- Watson, R. T., Pitt, L. F., Berthon, P.,& Zinkhan, G. M.(2002). "U-commerce: expanding the universe of marketing". Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 30(4), pp. 333-347. https://doi.org/10.1177/009207002236909
- Zeithaml, V. A., Berry, L. L. and Parasuraman, A.(1993), "The Nature and Determinants of Customer Expectations of Service", Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 21(1), pp. 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070393211001
- V. A. Zeithaml, L. L. Berry and A. Parasuraman(1996), "The Behavioral Consequences of Service Quality", Journal of Marketing, 60(2), pp. 31-46. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251929
- Zuwerink, J. R. & Devine, P. G.(1996), "Attitude importance and resistance to persuasion: It's not just the thought that counts", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 70(5), pp. 931-944. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.111
- Warshaw, P. R., and Davis, F. D.(1985), "Disentangling Behavioral Intention and Behavioral Expectation", Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 213-228. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1031(85)90017-4
- Mohammad RezaJalilvand a,n, NedaSamiei b, BehroozDini c, ParisaYaghoubiManzari (2012), Examining the structural relationships of electronic word of mouth, destination image, tourist attitude toward destination and travel intention: An integrated approach, Journal of Destination Marketing & Management