- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study on Aerodynamic Performance of a Rotor-Blade Configuration under Cross-Wind Conditions
측풍 조건을 고려한 로터블레이드 형상의 공력성능에 대한 실험적 연구
- Received : 2017.04.14
- Accepted : 2017.06.29
- Published : 2017.06.30
In the present study, a wind tunnel test for a rotor-blade configuration was conducted to investigate a basic aerodynamic performance and a effect of the cross wind. The diameter of the configuration was 1.46 m and the test was carried out for both a clean and a tripped configurations. The boundary layer for the trip configuration was simulated by zig-zag tape and the test performed on constant-velocity and constant-rotational modes. It was shown that the test result for the tripped configuration reduces the maximum power coefficient by 9.4% ~ 12.1% compared to the clean one. Within
- Lange, R. H., "A Review of Advanced Turboprop Transport Activities," AGARD-CP-366, 1984, pp. 1-1-1-16.
- Welge, H. R., "Prop-Fan Integration at Cruise Speed," AGARD Paper 33, 1981.
- Philippe, J. J., "Consideration on Wind-Tunnel Testing Techniques for Rotorcraft," AGARD R 781, pp. 8-1-pp. 8-34, 1990.
- Burger, C., "Propeller Performance Analysis and Multidisciplinary Optimization Using a Genetic Algorithm," PhD. Dissertation, Auburn University, 2007.
- Borst, H. W., "Summary of Propeller Design Procedures and Data, Vol. I. Aerodynamic Design and Installation," AD-774831, 1973.
- Barber, D. J., "Performance Evaluation of Full Scale Propellers by Wind Tunnel Test," AGARD-CP-366, 1984, pp. 14-1-14-12.
- Barlow, J. B., Rae, W. H., and Pope, A., Low-Speed Wind Tunnel Testing, Wiely-Interscience, 3rd Ed., 1999.
- "A Study on Estimation of Propulsion System Efficiency of Electric Power Unmanned Aircraft," Korean Air Navigation Society, Vol. 23, No. 3, 2015, pp. 1 to 7.
- KAFA Subsonic Wind Tunnel, http://www.afa.ac.kr/index_frame_kk.html.
- Jonkman, J., Butterfield, S., Musial, W., and Scott, G., "Definition of a 5-MW Reference Wind Turbine for Offshore System Development; National Renewable Energy Laboratory,"NREL TP-500-38060, 2009.
- Kang, S.-H. and Ryu, K.-W., "An Experimental Study on Wake Flow-Field of NREL 5 MW Wind Turbine Model," J. of The Korean Society for Aeronautical & Space Sciences, Vol. 45, No. 2, 2007.
- Martin, H. R., "Development of Scale Model Wind Turbine for the Testing of Offshore Floating Wind Turbine Systems," Ms Thesis, The University of Maine, 2011