- Volume 13 Issue 2
Cable-stayed bridges are bridges with long spans for special purposes. Due to the long span, the dynamic response of the vehicle to the moving load is very special. The behavior also has nonlinear, which makes it difficult to design. In this study, the responses of cable - stayed bridges are considered considering various vehicle loads and the behavior of long - span bridges under moving loads is investigated. Especially, when the loads for one direction and for both directions move with speed, the behavior of the bridges is found to be due to the flexibility of the cable. It can be seen that the analysis including the dynamic behavior of the cable and the top plate is more effective because the influence of the vehicle load tends to amplify the vertical deformation together with the vibration of the cable.
- Ermopoulos, J. C., Vlahinos, A. S., & Wang, Y. C. (1992). Stability analysis of cable-stayed bridges. Computers & structures, 44(5), 1083-1089. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(92)90331-S
- Adeli, H., Weaver, W., & Gere, J. M. (1978). Algorithms for nonlinear structural dynamics. Journal of the Structural Division, 104(2), 263-280.
- Klaus-J 鑥rgen.Bathe. (1982). Finite element procedures in engineering analysis. Prentice-Hall.
- Bathe, K. J., & Gracewski, S. (1981). On nonlinear dynamic analysis using substructuring and mode superposition. Computers & Structures, 13(5-6), 699-707. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(81)90032-8
- Clough, R. W., & Wilson, E. L. (1979). Dynamic analysis of large structural systems with local nonlinearities. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 17, 107-129.
- Ernst, M. J. (1965). The E-Modulus of Cables Considering the Deflection. Der Bauigenieur, 40(2), 52-55.
- Fleming, J. F., Zenk, J. D., & Wethyavivorn, B. (1983). Static and dynamic analysis of cable-stayed bridges. Department of Civil Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Pittsburgh.
- Rajaraman, A. (1980). Nonlinear analysis of cable-stayed bridges. IABSE Proceedings Mem AIPC IVBH Abhandlungen, 80(P-37/80).
- Irvine, H. M., & Irvine, M. (1992). Cable structures (No. Sirsi) i9780486671277).
- Khalifa, M. A. (1993). Parametric study of cable-stayed bridge response due to traffic-induced vibration. Computers & structures, 47(2), 321-339. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(93)90383-O
- HIKAMI, Y. (1986). Rain vibrations of cables in cable-stayed bridge. Wind Engineers, JAWE, 1986(27), 17-28. https://doi.org/10.5359/jawe.1986.17