- Volume 44 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Efficient Authentication of Aggregation Queries for Outsourced Databases
아웃소싱 데이터베이스에서 집계 질의를 위한 효율적인 인증 기법
- Received : 2017.01.16
- Accepted : 2017.04.19
- Published : 2017.07.15
Outsourcing databases is to offload storage and computationally intensive tasks to the third party server. Therefore, data owners can manage big data, and handle queries from clients, without building a costly infrastructure. However, because of the insecurity of network systems, the third-party server may be untrusted, thus the query results from the server may be tampered with. This problem has motivated significant research efforts on authenticating various queries such as range query, kNN query, function query, etc. Although aggregation queries play a key role in analyzing big data, authenticating aggregation queries has not been extensively studied, and the previous works are not efficient for data with high dimension or a large number of distinct values. In this paper, we propose the AMR-tree that is a data structure, applied to authenticate aggregation queries. We also propose an efficient proof construction method and a verification method with the AMR-tree. Furthermore, we validate the performance of the proposed algorithm by conducting various experiments through changing parameters such as the number of distinct values, the number of records, and the dimension of data.
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 정보통신기술진흥센터
- P. Devanbu, M. Gertz, C. Martel, and S. G. Stubblebine, "Authentic data publication over the internet," Journal of Computer Security, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 291-314, Jul. 2003. https://doi.org/10.3233/JCS-2003-11302
- M. Narasimha, and G. Tsudik, "Authentication of outsourced databases using signature aggregation and chaining," International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications, pp. 420-436, 2006.
- D. Papadopoulos, S. Papadopoulos, and N. Triandopoulos, "Taking authenticated range queries to arbitrary dimensions," Proc. of the 2014 ACM SIGSAC, pp. 819-830, 2014.
- Y. Yang, S. Papadopoulos, D. papadias, and G. Kollios, "Authenticated indexing for outsourced spatial databases," The VLDB Journal, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 631-648, Jun. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00778-008-0113-2
- M. L. Yiu, E. Lo, and D. Yung, "Authentication of moving kNN queries," IEEE 27th International Conference on Data Engineering, pp. 565-576, 2011.
- S. Papadopoulos, G. Cormode, A. Deligiannakis, and M. Garofalakis, "Lightweight authentication of linear algebraic queries on data streams," Proc. of the 2013 ACM SIGMOD, pp. 881-892, 2013.
- F. Li, M. Hadjieleftheriou, G. Kollios, and L. Reyzin, "Authenticated index structures for aggregation queries," ACM TISSEC, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 32:1-32:35, Dec. 2010.
- RC. Merkle, "A certified digital signature," Conference on the Theory and Application of Cryptology, pp. 218-238, 1989.
- N. Beckmann, H.-P. Kriegel, R. Schneider, and B. Seeger, "The R*-tree: an efficient and robust access method for points and rectangles," ACM SIGMOD, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 322-331, Jun. 1990.
- R.L. Rivest, A. Shamir, and L. Adleman, "A method for obtaining digital signatures and public-key cryptosystems," Communications of the ACM, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 120-126, Feb. 1978. https://doi.org/10.1145/359340.359342